[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Supergun to play Arcade games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

File: Raijin_2.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Raijin_2.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
I want a really good one, and I find these from a japanese company called Sigma, they are called Sigma AV7000 and Sigma Raijin - this one comes with an arcade stick.

Do you know anything that is better than these two?

I'd like one that supports 4 players, and have controller ports so I can use any controller I want. Thanks.
>>
You need to learn more about arcade boards. If you want to use any controller you want you should just emulate. If you want to play real arcade boards you will be using real arcade hardware or Neo Geo or Genesis controllers. Real arcade controls are best because they're the most straight forward to wire. If you want 4 players you will need more controls and some 4 player harnesses not all are alike. You also haven't said what kind of display you intend to use. The most straight forward way is to use a crt with rgb inputs since that's what the boards put out. I see that Raijin thing also has S-Video as a lot of semi-generic superguns do. It also looks like it expects you to plug boards right in the side of it and leave them dangling off. It's six buttons so it has a kick harness that on first glance looks to me like a Capcom one. It was probably made to plug a CPS2 into mainly. If you want to use some other formats of boards like Mortal Kombat you're going to need to make an adapter.

If you want a "really good" Supergun just buy an arcade cabinet it'll have harnesses, controls and a CRT already in it.
>>
>>3956470
I want to plug it on CRT TVs.

The AV7000 has a SCART cable, you can convert it to other formats.

But it doesn't let you regulate the RGB levels, so you need another board, but as far as I know it is compatible with old boards and JAMMA boards.

I didn't get the stuff about the harness, shouldn't it have 4 controller inputs and that's it?

The Genesis/Neo Geo controllers are good enough. I really like them.
>>
>>3956470
>>3956476
Also I don't want cabinets, I really want a simple home system.
>>
This one looks really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQM7sOlJMYY
>>
>>3956481
Arcade hardware is not simple. You have to ask yourself what games you want to run and how much modifications you're willing to make yourself to play additional games.
>>
>>3956497
I think I'll buy one of these Sigma's. I think they are good enough, from what I researched.
>>
>>3956470

I'm reading about the JAMMA connectors...

How come 4 player games exists? There is not enough pin for that...
>>
>>3956470
>>3957000
Ok, I've got it. I'd need extra harnesses to make that work. Ok.
>>
>>3956391
Get yourself an arcade stick, CRT Emudriver and Groovymame.
>>
>>3956671
It looks like a pretty decent thing the only thing I don't like is the slot being directly on the side because not only will it want to jiggle them loose during play unless you bolt it down, it'll make it difficult to attach the 4-player harness to a lot of boards and impossible to use a different kick harness unless it has some kind of internal switch? Anyway if you do go with it I suggest getting a jamma extension cable ordered at the same time
>>
>>3956391

Really depends what you want.

I have a Windy Gaming ATP-300
https://www.windygaming.com/products/preorder-windy-gaming-supergun-model-atp-300

iirc it has composite, s-video and optional SCART

It lets you use any arcade stick with a 15 pin connector, so you can easily wire up your own, or use official Neo-Geo AES/CD controllers. It's good because it has built in kick-harness support for CPS2 games so if you wire up your controller right you can have a neo-geo layout, and a CPS2 layout on the same one.

There is no such thing as a 4 player super gun.

You will need to wire up some specific controllers to kick harnesses for specific jamma boards. Standard Jamma is 3 button + stick and there really isn't stuff out there, so you'll need to make them yourselves.
>>
>>3957224
Thanks, I think I got it now. In the end I think I will have to mod it.

I'd like to play Metal Slug and Marvel VS, Windjammers, Tetris and some beat em' up.

Even though MAME emulators are really good it just doesn't feel the same.

>>3957268
I really like this one, and it is also more aesthetically pleasing then the Sigma AV7000.

Can you correct RGB output levels? It is a main concern for me, since I read that lot of problems can happen with it.

>There is no such thing as a 4 player super gun.
Yes, I read JAMMA specification, it is just for 2 players with three buttons, anything that doesn't follow it is considered JAMMA+, and it may or may not have different harnesses configurations.
>>
>>3958307
Also, in the future, I want it for Triforce (F-Zero and Mario Kart).

But this one doesn't seem to follow JAMMA at all, I need to research about it.
>>
Do you know where I can find DB-15/Neo Geo to Genesis/PS1 adapter diagrams?

I want to adapt other controllers to the SuperGun.
>>
>>3956391

Aren't the only options make one yourself or pay some ebay creetin?
>>
>>3961091
Nah you can also pay some cretin with their own website.

>>3956391
That said, the best supergun is the one you build yourself. Different arcade board have different needs, it's far easier to adjust something you've built yourself. I'd argue it's pretty silly to get into arcade PCB collecting if you can't solder anyway.
>>
>>3956391
just get a real gun
>>
File: 1701066382_1024x1024.jpg (19KB, 490x400px) Image search: [Google]
1701066382_1024x1024.jpg
19KB, 490x400px
>>3961134
I want to play games on real hardware, it is not the same with emulation.

I've found all the solutions that I need already, the 3P and 4P are always in a special harness on the board.

I found some diagrams for older games harnesses, they are not hard make, I've already researched everything.

I've even found a USB and PS4 to DB-15 wireless adapter!

I'll be able to play the games with my arcade controller and PS4 controller. I'm really happy with everything.

I'll be able to play CPS 1, 2, 3, Konami Boards, Neo Geo and a lot more with this SuperGun. If I buy the AV7000 I'm sure I'll be able to play some older stuff, but I think that Windy Gaming ATP-300 will be able to run them too.

I don't know if I'll be able to run Triforce stuff though, I need to reseach.
>>
>>3961617
Triforce requires a separate I/O board and power supply. It only outputs in what's referred to as "high resolution" for Arcades (480p) so you won't be able to use most CRTs (use a LCD)

You will also need whatever input devices specific games require, or find equivalents that can be modified to work.

I can tell you right off the bat that F-Zero won't be easy. Mario Kart is more likely but in either case, you pretty much need to make your own shifter and modify an analog steering wheel to accept the signals from the I/O boards.
>>
File: sigmaraijin00_zps495b3885.jpg (88KB, 1024x882px) Image search: [Google]
sigmaraijin00_zps495b3885.jpg
88KB, 1024x882px
>>3956470
It's pretty clear you're misinformed or are just making things up, so please stop while you're ahead.

* Sigma SuperGuns use 8-pin DIN connectors and can output Composite, S-Video and RGB.
* JAMMA boards connect to the Sigmas via a short JAMMA harness.
* Most Sigma harnesses include CPS2 kick harnesses standard, since CPS2 was quite popular among buyers. Capcom's Naomi adapters and CPS3 use the same harness as well.

>>3956497
This is probably the most accurate thing you said.

>>3957224
Using different harnesses does indeed require that you either wire in a secondary adapter so you can connect/disconnect harnesses as needed. This isn't hard, and goes back to Arcade hardware not being simple. These things weren't made for home use.

>>3958307
Any SuperGun worth its salt has pots to adjust RGB levels. This includes Windy, Sigma, Jasen, etc.
>>
>>3963164
Thanks for the information, so can you adjust RGB levels with the Windy one? I really like this one, but couldn't find any reviews.

In the Sigman AV7000 review I watched the guy had another PCB board just to adjust the RGB levels.

>>3963157
Yeah, that's what I thought, but these SuperGuns are good enough for me, I really excited with it.

About the monitors I'm thinking about using common CRT with adapters for now, but I found this company that still produces Arcade CRTs, while I didn't find any reviews, the few comments that I found were good.

Their monitor can output in multi resolutions and hz, it is pretty cool.

http://www.niemandisplays.com/nieman_video_displays_007.htm
>>
>>3961617
>it is not the same with emulation

Yes and No. Once you start going deep in Arcade stuff you're going to wish you just had an emulator since it's so expensive.

I've been meaning to offload/trade my Rival Schools and Street Fighter Zero 3 Asia A/B for something. I kinda want a Mr Driller.
>>
File: SF2TWW.jpg (874KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
SF2TWW.jpg
874KB, 1836x3264px
>>3963164
I thought I was pretty straight forward about being unfamiliar with that supergun and only having looked at some pictures of one. I'm actually pretty surprised that someone actually has the exact ching-chong OP was asking about but I don't know if he would have stuck around for 2 days waiting on you to appear if there hadn't been some discussion and encouragement for him to go research.

I don't have any superguns at all, but I do have several arcade cabs including a 3-player Combatribes, a Vs. Unisystem Hogan's Alley, a 3 monitor NinjaWarriors, A Bally Sente I plan to MAME and a CPS-1 for which I have a CPS-2 harness but so far no CPS-2. I guess it's nice to know there are further harnesses to adapt NAOMI to it and presumably MVS too.

As far as superguns outputting composite and being adaptable to things like Playstation controllers I must admit it truly puzzles me why a person would want to spend hundreds of dollars to do such things rather than just emulating or playing a modern port.
>>
>>3963634
>Super Gun Thread
>I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BUT IM GOING TO POST

Thats why you just take a step back before you hit that post button, realize your post is dumber than a bag of hammers, and click that little x button.
>>
>>3963634
seriously fuck off you retard.
>>
File: iCade.jpg (929KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
iCade.jpg
929KB, 1836x3264px
>>3963645
I know Superguns are basically pricey, glorified wiring harnesses that might include the transcoders and transformers you need for your personal application but probably won't. But okay, next time I'll be sure to just let the thread get pruned without OP getting any info at all. Gotta let those McDonalds and PSX threads spread right? That's what we want /vr/ to be about.
>>
>>3963658
Sure thing, Anon. You supergun guys are so cool it's no wonder OP wants to be just like you.
>>
>>3963634
>>3963659
>>3963660
>tripfags.... not even once.
>>
>>3963645
Comparing the tripfag to a bag of hammers is a cruel insult to the intelligence of hammers.
>>
>>3963634
>I must admit it truly puzzles me why a person would want to spend hundreds of dollars to do such things rather than just emulating or playing a modern port.

Composite is a temporary solution until I find an arcade monitor, I will need to import that from Canada. I have a Hori Arcade controller and the standard PS4, which are pretty good, I'd like to use both, I see no problem with that.

I don't get it, what's your problem with SuperGuns? They are pretty convenient, All I'll need to do now is solder some harnesses to adapt them to some other PCBs.
>>
File: 811JXa3epKL._SX522_[1].jpg (34KB, 522x346px) Image search: [Google]
811JXa3epKL._SX522_[1].jpg
34KB, 522x346px
>>3964121
The problem is that they're generally represented as something like a video game console when they really are more or less a wiring harness. All the processing and i/o is done by the board it just needs to be provided 5v, 12v, some switches that are attached to joysticks, buttons, and coin slots and an RGB monitor and amplified speakers to output to. If you're going to use a real arcade monitor you don't even need to worry about an RGB adjusting sub-board because the monitor will have its own pots you can adjust. It seems like you've done adequate research at this point to see that a "supergun" isn't really something you should spend a lot of money on. In fact, my recommendation is to look into a Vogatek Supergun like pic related and to invest more of your budget into constructing the controls, harnesses and buying the display you really want. Vogateks are actually becoming harder and harder to come by thanks to the proliferation of overpriced junk but I doubt any of the other Anons ITT are going to pay much attention to what I'm saying and you seem like a decent guy who isn't completely doomed to become one of those guys yet.
>>
>>3964154
That is a really small and nice solution, I've found something like this, but there is a catch... they are not aesthetically pleasing (lol).

Also I'd need to find a power supply for that, do you know a really nice looking housing for a power supply and a board like this?

I'd really like to have the DB-15 on the front panel, if possible.

I'll need to spend a lot of time laser cutting some acrylic parts to make all that looks good. But I already have to do something like that for the bartop housing arcade monitor, so it is not a huge problem.

But I will definitely use the Hori Arcade controller and the PS4 controller, so I'll buy the DB15 to PS4 bluetooth adapter.

SuperGuns are really convenient, because they get all the housing job and power supply stuff done for you.
>>
>>3964218
Okay well I guess that helps me see where we're at odds. To me, a supergun is part of a "bottom up" approach to playing pcbs where one would get all the hardware together and working and compatible the way they wanted it even if it's mounted in a corrogated cardboard box then deciding on a layout and building it to their personal taste. What you want is a "top down" approach where you get everything all together packaged and working and "aesthetic" which I also totally appreciate but the difference is that to me authenticity is aesthetic. My World Warrior CPS-1 cab cost me fifty bucks (in '97) and I only had to fix the power supply the rest was perfectly functional. You could spend quadruple that and still be ahead but maybe you would just rather have stuff that's brand new? I guess I really don't know how much these superguns and bartop monitors (that should have a control panel cavity at least right?) are going to cost you but you could adopt a beautiful well maintained fresh off the boat Blast City candy cab for around a thousand dollars.
>>
>>3964572
I didn't find a bartop for sale, I will have to project that and fit the arcade monitor in.

The Blast City candy looks good, but it seems a ratter troublesome system to switch the PCB.

I'm planing to do something like this image, but without the arcade sticks and 100% symmetrical, so I can change its orientation of the monitor if I get a shmmup game.

I'd like to place a self made or a bought SuperGun on bottom. I want something, cool, simple and small to work with.

Also, I will use Hori Arcade sticks connected with the USB/PS4 adapters, so people will be free to play with controller or an arcade stick.

The idea is to create a highly compatible JAMMA system. For most games all I need is to use the standard harness or use extras harness that is adaptable from the CPS2 one.

I'm actually thinking about hooking up all my retro consoles in this monitor through a switcher. That would be pretty cool if I could fit everything in one corner of a room. I hide all my games and stuff in cabinets, so it wouldn't look too "nerd", just cool.

If I use a complete cabinet I'd need to have multiple arcades machines with multiples monitors, and it would be much more difficult to maintain it.
>>
File: 2ngg3td[1].jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2ngg3td[1].jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>3964792
So you want to built a bartop plus a cabinet to hide your games and stuff in rather than an authentic full arcade cabinet. Candy cabs have big doors on their fronts and backs where you can stow whatever you want be it shelves of games or consoles or a big old rat's nest of wiring. Whatever kind of chain of adapters and ports you're planning to use with a Supergun to plug in all these controllers will literally work the same with a real cabinet - ditto for connecting consoles to the arcade monitors inside them. Plus it comes completely complete via freight you just have to rent a dolly and put it where you want it.
>>
>>3963579
Yes, the Windy SuperGuns allow you to adjust the RGB levels.

>>3963634
Lots of people own "the exact ching-chong OP was asking about", whether or not they post on 4chan is a different story.

As far as why people would want to bother with a SuperGun, well, let me put it in terms you can relate to: a Real Doll gives you an experience that is similar in many ways to sex, but it's not as good as sticking your cock inside of a real woman.

>>3963659
>Superguns are basically pricey, glorified wiring harnesses that might include the transcoders and transformers you need for your personal application but probably won't

This is literally what a SuperGun includes. It's almost as if you're incredibly daft, or a really good troll. Either way, bless your heart.

>>3964154
Vogatek is pretty bare-bones, and recommending it to a newb like OP is a terrible idea, and you should feel terrible for suggesting it.
>>
File: chinaburn[1].jpg (56KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
chinaburn[1].jpg
56KB, 620x414px
>>3965456
>Vogatek is pretty bare-bones, and recommending it to a newb like OP is a terrible idea, and you should feel terrible for suggesting it
I expect people who come to 4chan for advice to be willing to suffer a steep learning curve and OP seems not to be disappointing me but I'm probably fairly optimistic by 4chan standards.
>>
>>3965473
That makes no sense.
>>
File: dollnintendo1[1].jpg (49KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
dollnintendo1[1].jpg
49KB, 500x333px
>>3966492
I guess I must be incredibly daft then.
>>
>>3966716
That makes no sense.
>>
>>3965456
Thanks anon, I will go with a Windy one and solder some harness to adapt to some specifics boards.

>>3965473
Oh, I don't want a steep learning curve, I'm okay with the Windy SuperGun. Also I'll be able to take that to friends houses and stuff.
>>
Where did the term "Supergun" come from? I've never heard of it up until now. Believe me this thread was confusing as hell until I read more context
>>
>>3967430
Asians. Who else come up with silly names for their shit like that? Supergun is just what happened to stick out of the many ridiculous names these things have been called.
>>
>anon asks a reasonable question
>other anons do their best to answer that question
>tripfag attempts to embody all known knowledge of autism in an attempt to garner attention
>anons continue to answer OP's question
>tripfag remains autistic

This happens in far too many threads.
>>
>>3967430
I think it was the first company to produce a home arcade system, they were called "SuperGuns", so other companies called their products SuperGuns too. And now everyone call them SuperGuns.

In Asia they call it Control Panel/Box or something like that. I think they call it MAK in Germany, for the same reason as the SuperGun.
>>
>>3967970
Oh, come on.

We are talking about SuperGuns, it outputs to any CRT. If you don't know what you are talking about stop talking.
>>
>>3967970
Go away, you are ignorant and it reeks. We don't need kids that google their info in this thread, we need people with actual experience.
>>
File: 20170311_175514_1[1].jpg (196KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_175514_1[1].jpg
196KB, 1200x675px
>>3968017
Since I already posted an rgb only supergun I guess I'll respond to that by posting an hdmi one. There are more superguns in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy.
>>
>>3968035
I could build a supergun right now
>>
>>3968039
I'm not sure if you are attacking me or not, but I agree with you. There are multiple ways to output video with SuperGuns, most of them are compatible with any CRT, and the more modern ones are compatible with HDMI and digital stuff.

It is pretty crazy.
>>
>>3968058
Now you have to do so and post the proof since your braggadocious statement is preserved along with your identity
>>
>>3967664
Bullshit. That only happens in a handful of threads. The tripfag sits in his basement F5ing 24 hours a day and is invariable the first to respond. He does a quick google search and incorrectly summarizes the results in a shitpost rant before anyone gets a chance to provide useful information.
The only thing you got right is that the tripfag remains autistic throughout the thread. Doggedly defending his original shitpost by reinterpreting meanings, making excuses, claiming he was joking and when all else fails throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>3968249
I would have to take apart my Sente cab and Blaze Twinstick along with some other stuff which I'm not about to do. I might post pics of them and the spare 12v/5v power supply I have but I really feel no need to. I've posted them before.

>>3968373
You're making broad generalizations about tripfags there that show you really don't even know me very well.
>>
>>3968731
That post made no generalizations about tripfags. But it looks like it described one tripfag so accurately the autistic tripfag did exactly what the post said and reinterpreting it's meaning. Apparently others know you better than you know yourself.
>>
Don't fight guys.

Thanks for everything, I'm going with the Windy one, the PS4 adapter and an arcade monitor. Thank you very much.
>>
>>3968731
So you can't build a supergun, can you?
>>
>>3970051
Of course he can't. He posts all sorts of shit but never him actually building anything.
>>
>>3968731
>i could build a supergun
>i'd just have to tear a bunch of stuff apart
What am I even reading. Anyone who knew anything about this wouldn't tear stuff apart to build a supergun, they'd get the necessary components from places like digikey.

I have a feeling you wouldn't even be able to wrap your head around making the video encoder.
>>
>>3970654

I assume he was referencing the "right now" part, as in he'd have to salvage parts from things he has right now since he wouldn't have the equipment on hand. Or not, whatever..
>>
File: 2017-05-05 09.18.26.jpg (63KB, 755x606px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-05 09.18.26.jpg
63KB, 755x606px
>>3970654
Y-you're right! There's no possible way my tiny brain could ever figure out how to convert RGB to composite. I wish I was a genius like you so I could but it's just SO COMPLICATED. Never have I been so told. I shall now go cry.
>>
>>3971153
>googling for a picture of a chip means i know how to use it
Sure it does kiddo
>>
File: AD724-pinout[1].jpg (10KB, 217x205px) Image search: [Google]
AD724-pinout[1].jpg
10KB, 217x205px
>>3971453
That ic seems pretty idiot proof the trickiest part would be feeding it a pal or ntsc clock frequency. I wouldn't actually use it though since again I honestly fail to understand why in the year of our lord 1989+28 someone would want to use arcade pcbs and convert their rgb output to y/c or composite. If I were throwing together together a "supergun" I would put an rgb scart port on it then use my "scart-to-yuv" transcoder to output YPbPr
>>
>>3971557
You apply a clock by putting a crystal on the clock pin. If that's too tricky for your tiny brain I'd recommend against playing with sharp hot tools. Personally I use component as well. But not because using a soldering iron makes me a danger to myself and others.
>>
File: 2017-05-05 19.32.27.jpg (4MB, 1936x2581px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-05 19.32.27.jpg
4MB, 1936x2581px
>>3972268
Fuck it. It's Friday lets torch this motherfucker.
>>
>>3972304
It's like one of those facebook posts with a little black kid posing with a hand full of singles and his dads air soft making gang signs.
>>
>>3973042
>believes his supergun is literally a real gun
>>
>>3973083
It is kinda hard to talk about Superguns in public when people will think that you're talking about weapons.
>>
>>3973124
You probably shouldn't talk about superguns in public whether people think they're real guns or not.
>>
>>3972304
>>3973042
>Tripfag gets so assblasted by posts calling him out on his garbage he is ready to intentionally destroy his stuff
>>
File: C-CPTwZXcAESXoL.jpg (61KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-CPTwZXcAESXoL.jpg
61KB, 1200x1200px
>>3973228
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.