[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the real Warcraft orcs!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
I miss the real Warcraft orcs!
>>
ITT: pre-WC3 Blizzard reminiscence
>>
I hate how stupid and convoluted the story got.
Everything is like this, No I dont want to know the backstory to every minor character.
It ruins any sort of mystery or speculation
>>
>>3955229
Its basically a fucking comic book. They just take the few interesting characters they come up with, bring them back from the dead, and have them try to take over Gotham again.
>>
zug zug
>>
>>3955501
>Zog zog
no wonder why they have big nose.
>>
File: 1416290255419.jpg (41KB, 368x152px) Image search: [Google]
1416290255419.jpg
41KB, 368x152px
>>
>>3955537
It's so hard to see it.
>>
>>3955537
I always saw a bald green bird with an eyepatch.
>>
I never understood the shift towards "cartoony & zany" that happened with Warcraft 3. After that every Blizzard-game has been in that vein, what happened?
>>
>>3955875
That's why you don't run a multi-zillion dollar company like Blizzard.
>>
>>3955879

Did you get personally insulted? That's a very strange feeling to have when another person critiques a video game company.
>>
>>3955875
Not sure what you mean, the game was "cartoony & zany" from the first entry.
>>
>>3955941

WC3 took it to another level, continued in WoW. Perhaps it's just the transition to 3D, but Blizzard-games from WC3 and onwards looked like saturday morning cartoons.
>>
File: the lost vikings.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the lost vikings.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
>>3955962
Besides that the unit icons for War1 and 2 were also suuuuper cartoony.
>>
>>3955985

Compare the stylish portraits of WC2 with the floppy muppet mouths of WC3. Google WC3 and refresh yourself on how the running animations looked. WC3 is way more cartoony. WC2 has a comic-book aimed at mid-to-older-teens style, WC3 and onwards is full kids show.
>>
>story Warcraft 1-3 A+ stuff
>WOW and post WOW story
FUCK THIS
>Starcraft 1 story A+ stuff
>Starcraft 2
Reads like a fucking fanfic written by a 10 year old girl who had a crush on Raynor.
>>
File: bloodmage.gif (13KB, 163x160px)
bloodmage.gif
13KB, 163x160px
>>3956025
it's funny, Warcraft 3 actually has vastly superior unit animations to the previous games. In those there are no idle animations.
>>
>>3956127
barring the flying units in 2
>>
>>3955875
Cartoony, if done right, is timeless. Photo-realism eventually gets outpaced by technology and looks dated.
>>
>>3956127

Well, that goes without saying, a game made YEARS after another is likely to be more technically advanced. That has zero to do with cartoony graphics and muppet-mouths.
>>
>>3956132

Yes, but there's 'stylized' and 'cartoony'. Baldurs gate 2 has pretty timeless graphics, Warcraft 3 sure as fuck does not.
>>
>>3956192
WC3 looked like total shit even for the time, though. That's not a reasonable comparison.
>>
>>3956213

Well, yeah I agree, but that's hardly a defense of WC3.
>>
>>3956213
No, on the contrary, I think WC3 aged beautifully, a lot more in comparison to early 2000s games that were slowly learning how to utilise more complex polygon models.

They only look butt-ugly if you zoom in the Map Editor, which is obviously what they weren't meant for.
>>
>>3956237
No, it just looks ass ugly in general and I really do think it looks far worse than most of its contemporaries. Honestly, the first thing I think of when I think WC3 graphics is the fucking hideous trees.
>>
File: ss014.jpg (182KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
ss014.jpg
182KB, 800x640px
>>3956246
>the fucking hideous trees.

ok now I know you're trolling
>>
If you played and supported WoW, you are the reason why Blizzard is stuck with these graphics
>>
>>3956270
I only bought and played WC2 and WC3+Frozen Throne when they were new

am I a true patrician?
>>
>>3956250
I like AoE2's trees alot more, to be honest
>>
File: rock-roll-racing.gif (144KB, 800x640px)
rock-roll-racing.gif
144KB, 800x640px
>>3955210
This
>>
>>3955187
IN THE SWAMPS OF SORROW.
>>
>>3955962
Except Warcraft always looked like a bloody saturday morning cartoon.

What WC3 on did was make it less grity
>>
>>3955537
I thought the tusks were odd moustaches.
>>
File: Heroquest002.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Heroquest002.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>3955187
Me too OP... Me too.

I liked the orcs better when they were just evil barbarian invaders.
That whole "not really evil - demons made us do" it is so fucking weak.
Now they are basically green humans. They tried to be deep, but ended out shit.
I had high hopes when Garrosh became warchief, but nope lol.
Warcraft orcs look good, but I kinda think they are the worst of all orcs.

40k has the best orcs (orks)

>>3955537
I saw it as a kid, but today I just can't see whatever the fuck I saw back then.
I think a big part of it was the brown fang and the fact that the eye to the right is basically a single pixel.
>>
>>3958031
That narrator was brilliant.
I always liked how he said BLACK MORASS.

The orcs sitting at the table were awesome. I wish warcraft orcs still had that look. It could be worse, but it could certainly also be better.
>>
>>3955187
When will we get WarCraft 4? I always liked WarCraft better than StarCraft
>>
>>3958034

Frame it however you want, the effect is a game that looks more like a kids cartoon than before.
>>
>>3958146
Probably never. I feel after years of retcons and "lorelol" they're finally trying to solidify the lore, especially via pic related. That's hard enough with two different mediums (WoW and the novels) I can't imagine they'd further complicate it with a completely different third area of another game.
>>
>>3958051

BLACK MORE ASS.
>>
WC2 was the only RTS game I liked outside the Cnc/RA franchise. I hated WC3. It lost all the magic that made WC2 great. Honestly, they should have improved the game by many new features, addig better looking trees and mountains and such, but they failed. Long live WC2.
>>
>>3958568
Haha, classic.
>>
>>3955229
This!! On pretty much every game today. I hate that every shit is explained rather than making your own thoughts.
Best games let you think and imagine yourself a bit.
>>
Warcraft went to shit once they got bought out by globalists to push the liberal agenda
>>
>>3955537
My friends and I always saw the sneaky peon.
>>
Why did Metzen leave Blizzard, /vr/?
>>
>>3955537
the secret is identifying the nose
>>
>>3958146
Sadly I don't think that will happen.
>>
>>3958046
>That whole "not really evil - demons made us do" it is so fucking weak.
And they fucking did it again with the Zerg
>>
>>3958146
Have you ever played SC2? Because that should not make you want WC4
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.