[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Point and click

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: cursor-512.png (4KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cursor-512.png
4KB, 512x512px
Is there any genre more dead? Post fond memories of point and click games
>>
Do what you want (you will anyway)
>>
>>3955114
You're wrong.
>>
File: samorost3.jpg (105KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
samorost3.jpg
105KB, 990x600px
They are still around and probably still come out at the same rate they did 20-25 years ago.
>>
Blade Runner, by West Wood

so good
>>
File: sfz-1.png (9KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
sfz-1.png
9KB, 320x224px
>>3955114

Adventure games are still alive and well. Shmups on the other hand are virtually extinct.

I blame Touhou faggots for this. They put themselves at the forefront of the shoot-'em-up demographic, leaving casuals with the impression that "shmup" exclusively means "bullet hell autism."
>>
Point and click aren't dead, just most of them now look like R.L. Stein book covers with overly cartoonish art styles. Scratches was a good modern one, but that's not /vr/.

Adventuregamefan8 on Youtube plays a bunch of retro and modern point and click games.
>>
>>3955170

That fucking game, I try to be nice to one kid like I'm nice to everyone else and HURRR NOW UR A PEDO AND UR GONNA RUN OFF AND MARRY A LITTLE GIRL REPLICANT!
>>
Not at all, Telltale are hugely popular and there are tonnes of point and click games on iOS/Android.

Now if you're talking GOOD point and click then sure, there hasn't been one in years.

Beat em ups seem more dead.
>>
The Germans are keeping point & clicks alive and well. Daedalic Entertainment, just to name one company.
>>
>>3955114
Look up dev Artifex Mundi on Steam. Their artwork is absolutely gorgeous though obviously the games aren't retro. Also, for some reason all their protags are female, not sure what the deal is.
>>
>>3955184
The shmup community is very autistic and elitist. "Health bar".
>>
>>3955164

No, there were a shitload in the amiga-days.
>>
>>3955184
Fucking bullet hell ruined the genre.
>>
What is it with people claiming genres are dead?

point&click is a proeminent genre these days. Same with survival horror.
>>
>>3955114
New P&C games and remasters come out all the time.
Lightgun shooters on the other hand have been dead for two gens. Replaced by inferior motion control shooters.
>>
>>3955184
>I blame Touhou faggots for this. They put themselves at the forefront of the shoot-'em-up demographic, leaving casuals with the impression that "shmup" exclusively means "bullet hell autism."

Wrong and fyi bullet hell does not mean harder game, only low experience morons think this. Caring what or catering to normies is code for "lets dumb everything down to baby tier to appease the low effortlow i.q masses who have never tried hard at anything to achieve goals" fuck that sell out shit.

>>3955908
Wow 2 meaningless buzzwords in one sentence, good job. Can't be having that darn "elitism" where the idea is you actually have to try at the games, no no effort is bad lets call it "autistic" to make ourselves feel better about being lazy poorly disciplined under achievers.

>>3955934
Not really, originally it started out as a great advancement but got taken out of hand by quick buck doujins shitting out kaleidoscope trash.
>>
>>3955960

Thanks for proving the 'autism'-part of 'bullet-hell autism'.
>>
>>3955260
Looks like hidden object shovelware m8.
>>
For pic related, the box art alone convinced me to purchase it from the Electronics Boutique I frequented in those days. However, I always regretted constantly reading the back of Inherit the Earth and I thought the premise was so intriguing but was too poor of a kid to ever buy it from the same EB.

I hope to get my 486DX4 up and running this weekend. A local Half Price Books has a collection of 4 CD-ROMs (compilation box?) which includes Inherit the Earth and the only other title in that set of games which I am interested in is Blackthorne for $11USD. Should I get it, as CD-ROM is the only method I can install games onto this 486 machine (I am not going to use the 3.5" drive) and I don't think it has any manuals or any extras, it is just a box and loose CD-ROMs?

Some of the other games in that compilation are: Castles, Crusaders of the Dark Savant, Jagged Alliance, Lord of the Rings, etc. which I have no clue about and not much interest
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.