[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Tracker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 18669433.jpg (422KB, 1063x1697px) Image search: [Google]
18669433.jpg
422KB, 1063x1697px
Hey, /vr/, hope someone has some idea about this.

I've reconnected with an acquaintance I've known for a decade now and the guy does music, and just recently got in the swing of using trackers to compose more faithful sounding BGM.

However, something may be up that requires a more SNes-styled sound for us to colaborate on, and I can't find anything - one needs Linux to compile a Windows version, and another has everything, even the source, down. Needless to say I'm unfortunately not a programmer to know how to build stuff.

Anyone has builds or can give any direction? Any help welcome.

Nina not related, but easy on the eye.
>>
File: qy700.jpg (45KB, 490x430px) Image search: [Google]
qy700.jpg
45KB, 490x430px
>>3954709
How about going full retro and actually buying a sequencer?
The QY700 would be pretty good for a SNES-like sound or 90s video game sound in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMQZlPAuuXM
The sound quality on this is pretty bad because it's ripped from a cassette, but you get the idea.
>>
>>3954709
If you want to half-ass it, the "vox" format ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogic_ADPCM ) sounds a lot like SNES BRR and it was popular a long time ago so there's still software that supports it, eg. sox (see https://superuser.com/questions/140276/how-to-convert-mp3-into-vox-file-format-in-linux-unix )

Keep the total sample size below 64K (or much lower in practice because cartridge space was expensive) and use no more than 8 channels and it will sound SNES-like.
>>
>>3954776
When you say 'sound SNES-like' I take it you mean something like the BoF2 hack intro?

>>3954750
We're not doing this on the cheap - we're doing this on a literal no budget.

Also dollar is not our currency either.
>>
>>3954841
/trash/ we meet again!
>>
>>3954841
MODS
>>
File: wtist01.jpg (73KB, 580x490px) Image search: [Google]
wtist01.jpg
73KB, 580x490px
>>3954776
I'm trying VOX right now, but please clarify for a doormat (me) how does this go exactly: the ENTIRE filesize should be 64k, or should that be the bitrate?
>>
>>3954949
I mean the samples you use in your tracker should be no more than 64K total when in VOX format. You probably will have to convert back to WAV or whatever for the tracker to load them.
>>
When you say SNES-style, do you mean low-qualitiy samples? Because if you want that, just compose as usual, upload to youtube and download again.
>>
>>3955928
Not really, just something that comes close to most of the well known games on the system (also I'm not the composer, I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm asking in his behalf).
>>
>>3956160
He could just rip actual SNES samples.

But I don't get the point of doing "SNES style" music.
>>
>>3954709
What exactly are you wanting? Do you want to make BGM that sounds like it was playing on an SNES, or do you want to play BGM on an SNES?

The former should more or less be doable with standard trackers, you just have to produce the sound samples.

The latter let's you play with the SNES hardware and do things that may not be possible on normal trackers, such as a channel's frequency modulation of the next channel. I've been seriously considering writing such a tracker (made more) because none are available. If this is what you want, you just need to wait a year or so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.