[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play this, what am I in for? TIE Fighter thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tiefighter_004.png.jpg (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tiefighter_004.png.jpg
192KB, 640x480px
About to play this, what am I in for?

TIE Fighter thread.
>>
>>3953850
>what am I in for?
bunch of bumping into walls and crap for a while

cool space pew pew sounds for much longer
>>
Being the Emperor's stool pidgon!
>>
>>3953850
One of those game series which is desperately needs a rerelease.

I'd die a happy man being able to play this game with HOTAS and a VR headset.
>>
So what are the different objectives? Primary objectives are of course for completing the mission. And what do the secondary do, give you more cutscenes with the Emperor's henchmen? And what about secret objectives? Are they just for points, or do they do something too? Do they affect which medal you get?
>>
File: ArmMark2.jpg (43KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ArmMark2.jpg
43KB, 800x800px
>>3953967
If you botch secondary objectives, it won't fail the mission, but you won't get promotions/medals so quickly.

The secret objectives get you inducted/promoted in the Emperor's secret society, with the nifty tattoo
>>
>>3954096
Surprizingly accurate.
>>
>>3954096
But it seems like you get unique dialogue for secondary objectives, at least. Does anything happen for accomplishing secret objectives besides getting the tattoo upgraded?

Also, I'm playing the collectors CD, how many campaigns (or battles, as the game calls them) or on it?
>>
>>3954197
The missions change a bit, for example (not specifically), scanning containers and discovering that [ally] is in fact smuggling weapons to the rebels will mean that [ally] and their forces will turn on the Empire, requiring another star destroyer to turn up, and things spiral from there.

So, things within missions change, but it's not like Wing Commander with a branching mission path.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.