[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite retro Metal Gear game, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: metalgear.jpg (166KB, 909x1176px) Image search: [Google]
metalgear.jpg
166KB, 909x1176px
What is your favorite retro Metal Gear game, /vr/?
>>
Thief.
>>
Ghost Babel
>>
Snake's Revenge
>>
Metal Gear Solid

Anyone who says anything else is probably trying to be contrarian, though Solid Snake and Ghost Babel are phenomenal games on their own.
>>
I just finished Metal Gear 1
Any Advice going into Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake? Particularly any overly cryptic stuff. I know this is Kaz's last real appearance, so ima try to see all his dialogue.
These early games deserve more attention around here, they're really fucking good
>>
>>3953994
That's about the most contrarian sounding way to accuse someone else of being contrarian I've ever seen. Typical for the post-moot 4chan zeitergeist.
Some of us are from countries that had MSX, and played the games in order. When MGS came out here it was mostly just Plot stuff that was new to us, and the 3D. Not as nostalgic & groundbreaking to us as it was for Americans, gameplay wise.
>>
>>3956109
It's pretty straight forward. I last played it last year and don't remember anything too confusing. Just know the AI is a lot smarter than in the first one so you'll have to do more crawling to stay silent and hiding when seen.
>>
>>3953994
This. MGS was the best if for no other reason than its excellent voice acting. Before then games had goofy dialogue or had hired no-talent interns to cough up some lines, but MGS took it to the next level and made people realize for the first time there was something to having quality dialogue. Even to this day MGS is probably the best example of voice acting done right. Every character is just so damn good.
>>
>>3953823
The first one on the NES will always have a place in my heart, for it was the very first Metal Gear I played.
Gotta love the music that kicks in when you've been spotted.

With how popular the Metal Gear Solid games are, and with how the story is pretty much finished with the ending of MGS V, do you think they'll do remakes of the very first games just to be able to make more Metal Gear games?
>>
>>3953941
Came here to post this.
>>
Metal Gear 2 from Subsistance is a great game. It's basically MGS in 2D. It was ahead of its time.
>>
>>3956495
Konami is kill. MG is kill with it.
>>
>>3956819
I hear the pachinko is good
>>
>>3956109
the sneaking suit was a mistake
>>
>>3956869
>suit designed to help him sneak
>still gets captured and tortured

Waste of tax dollars
>>
Vr missions
>>
>>3956819
bomberman on switch gives me some hope
>>
>>3956869
Yeah I liked Snake having a green color scheme. Shits too Gray in the varuousPlayStation Gens games w Solid Snake
>>
>>3953941
>>3953965
My nigras
>>
>>3956495
>NES
that's not a Kojima game, or even Canon. The NES games are utter shit. Get MGS3 HD so you can play the Real Metal Gear
>>
>>3956495
>do you think they'll do remakes of the very first games
It's gonna be the Movie, I'll bet. They won't pass up the chance to have Big Boss & Solid Snake together, if they aren't totally stupid anyway
Imagine Kurt Russel as Big Boss...
>>
>>3957646
The question still stands.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.