[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthworm Jim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 86front-5182.jpg (236KB, 1246x445px) Image search: [Google]
86front-5182.jpg
236KB, 1246x445px
Was the first one really the better game? I'm sure I remember enjoying the second one more as a kid.
Are the snes versions acceptable?
>>
>>3953585

They're both good, but the second one too many gimmick levels. The genesis version of the first one is better but the SNES version of 2 is better.
>>
Second one doesn't have THE TUUUUBES so it's automatically better. You know what level I'm talking about.
>>
>>3953601
But you have to play three times the puppy love level. That gets very tiresome.
>>
>>3953654
Yah on second thought neither are very good. Genesis Aladdin is better.
>>
The second one is a terrible joke release. And Tube Race was good, people should stop whining about their own incompetence.
>>
>>3953673
I did beat it eventually, still think it's terrible design.
>>
>>3953684
>what is the entire fucking Villi People stage

it's everything wrong with tube race quadrupled and then sprinkled with more gimmicks
>>
>>3953585
I can't deal with puppy love.

>>3953601
The sub part is fine once you find the secret cave.
>>
>>3953589
>The genesis version of the first one is better but the SNES version of 2 is better.

As a EWJ fanboy I would had to agree that the Genesis version of EWJ1 is the better game, I'm exactly sure why but I feel like the controls are better, A friend of mine had the genesis ver. in the late 90's, and we played it to death. It was a proud moment when I recently obtained my own copy.

The snes ports of both games are okay.
But I got a Sega Saturn and a bunch of games a while ago and I was amazed the the higher quality of EWJ2 for the Saturn over the Snes, The saturn release has got like 3 layer parallax scrolling background layers where the snes does not.. Which although it seems like a minor thing it really improves the visuals.
>>
>>3953818
I didn't liked a lot of the graphical changes of the 32bits versions.The new Puppy Love level looks less cartoony and doesn't blend well with the artstyle. Also Tangerines was better on the Mega Drive with the orange hues. Other levels do look better on Saturn.
>>
>>3953585
>i just came from teh youtubes am i do rite?
FTFY
>>
The Puppy Love game was quite a disgusting remake of the handheld game called "Fire".

I also hate The Flying King, and Villi People was WTF too. The second game had one very good level, the Udderly Abducted one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.