[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer the US version or JAP version? does it really matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: SonicCD_Cover.jpg (34KB, 661x566px) Image search: [Google]
SonicCD_Cover.jpg
34KB, 661x566px
Do you prefer the US version or JAP version?
does it really matter?
>>
>>3950157
I'll say the JP version just sounds better overall (and because they were too lazy to write new PCM+FM tracks, the Past tunes are the same in all versions, making them sound out of place in the US release).
but which one you like more is your own call though

US one's not bad, although I think it fits the loud, colorful art a lot worse.
>>
I highly prefer the level 1 music of the US version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YmDgEmC0KQ

The EU/JPN one isn't bad either but the US one just sounds chill.
Apart from that I don't really care either way.
>>
JP version are better fun powerfull and like theme of that stage
us version have bored and plain music. I Shouted WTF at firsttime I play US version on PC where are my sonicCD music.
>>
Was just playing with US for the first time in a while, and I just can't believe anyone prefers the US soundtrack. I played the game first with it and even I can whole heartedly say that it's shit. JP is way more colorful, matching the game, has way more energy, and is all around better to listen to. US is full of ambience that doesn't match the game at all, the end of level music is just terrible, and everything is just inferior to JP.

Sonic Boom is shit and you know it, it was never good
>>
JP version feels more like actual vidya/sonic music that fits with the game.

US version feels like nice ambience, but doesn't fit with the game, and can really dull the experience.

I remember falling for the whole "Sonic CD is best Sonic game" meme 11 years ago and bought Sonic Gems Collection just to play it, only to be bored nearly to sleep half the time because of the soundtrack... why was Sonic CD even named best Sonic game for so long anyways? The genesis cartridge titles felt more fun, especially 2 and 3 & Knuckles
>>
>>3950247
For the Sonic CD levels just start to get way to fucking messy at a certain point.
Once I get to the part with the floor that constantly bounces you up I normally get too annoyed by the gimmicky shit they are doing and turn it off.
The whole past future thing also just slows shit down...
>>
>>3950157
JP. The only good part of the US ost is how pleasantly cheesy Sonic Boom is.
>>3950247
I like it the most because all the levels are just big and fun to mess with the physics and searching for the generators/projectors give incentive to explore.
>>
I love Sonic 1 and 2. Sonic 3 is probably my favourite game of all time. But man, Sonic CD is a fucking mess. The level design is sooooo confusing and strange
>>
File: metal.jpg (636KB, 1119x1688px) Image search: [Google]
metal.jpg
636KB, 1119x1688px
>Being too pleb to appreciate Sonic CD
3&K > CD > 2 > 1
>>
>>3950247
Sonic GENS games have that pumping FM new jack sountrack. The lo-fi works in its favor. Sonic CD has redbook ambient music which really affects the game experience.

Also the spin dash wasnt perfected yet in Sonic CD so its pretty awful
>>
>>3950157
FUTA
>>
>>3950157
The JP soundtrack is probably my favourite game OST of all time.
>>
>>3950157
i prefer the 2011 remake
>>
>>3950786
That's because you're a weabo who can't appreciate how superior is the US OST.
>>
File: scd.jpg (46KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
scd.jpg
46KB, 400x300px
>>3950369
>being too pleb to appreciate Sonic 1

1>CD>2>3&K

By the way Nilsen's soundtrack is underrated, it's pretty dreamy and otherworldly. The japanese one fits better and all, but the US OST I think also works in its own way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_geCzGYHo

This sounds like 80s King Crimson
>>
I like both about the same, but I play with the US soundtrack because the Past songs are from the JAP release either way.
>>
>>3952442
>but I play with the US soundtrack because the Past songs are from the JAP release either way.
Yeah but they are different for each time period and heavily compressed.
>>
Jap, just love that soundtrack.
From the american version I only enjoyed present Palmtree, present Tidal Tempest, Quartz present(i think) and Stardust act3, everything else didn't enjoy because it doesn't fit to me how the game was. And absolutely hate the boss theme.
>>
Sonic CD is the perfect example of how you can ruin a game for somebody based solely by its soundtrack.

I grew up as a Sega and Sonic kid, had Sonic CD, and hated the game because of its shitty U.S. grimdark soundtrack. I didn't even know growing up that the Jap version had a different soundtrack.

Fast forward to just a few years ago, I replayed the game on PC with the Japanese soundtrack enabled and it was so goddamn good. It was night and day. All of a sudden the game became an absolute joy to play just because the music was good. It really taught me just how important a soundtrack is to a video game.
>>
>>3952643
>Palmtree Panic
>grimdark
>>
>>3952643
If you care that much about shallow bullshit such as music you don't really enjoy games.
>>
>>3952653

Another anon here. As a european I played the Sonic CD with the jap soundtrack, because we got that and loved the game. Later I got Gems, which had the US soundtrack for some silly reason, and barely could play the game.

Anyhow, this shit seems the kinda of debate like the DBZ jap vs us soundtrack, which will always lead to extreme opinions. So, thank god for the Remake and how you can change the soundtrack for the version you like the most.
>>
>>3952647
It's bad

>>3952653
I've learned that video games are a complete package. Let me take your favorite game and replace the soundtrack with the Backstreet Boys, country music, or something you really don't like and let's see how that affects your feeling toward the game.
>>
>>3952684
You're a casual 12 year old. Good games work with any soundtrack.
>>
>>3952686
What are some of your favorite games?

I promise I'm not going to do an ad hominem attack against your taste in games. I just want to internalize your reasoning. Perhaps your favorite games have a glorious soundtrack that you even go as far as to listen to on your mp3 player while out and about and you still have these "soundtracks don't matter" stance.
>>
>>3952701
Mario Bros has basic as fuck ragtime soundtrack but they still work. It's just Sonic that requires buttmetal and weird techno music to make up for lack of depth.
>>
>>3952327
>US OST
>Superior
Maybe for atmosphere, but for a vidya about going fast, it's mostly boring and doesn't fit with the game, outside of maybe fitting with the environment a bit.

That said, it's nice to listen outside the game
>>
>>3952993
>but for a vidya about going fast
>Sanic CD
>going fast
Whatever vidya that is, that can't be Sonic CD, though.
>>
>>3953001
CD is literally the only classic Sonic game that gives you a reason to go fast.
>>
>>3953369
If you go fast you can't explore, can't unlock good future.
>>
>>3953370
If you can't go fast you can't explore the different timelines to unlock good future.
>>
>>3953372
Alright, makes sense, you need to build up speed to time warp. Still better done by finding a loop with two opposing springs than going fast through the level.
>>
>>3950164
Man, that song is so dull and unenergetic. Doesn't fit at all. Never really heard the Burger soundtrack but that track sets my expectations low. As for the Japtrack, it's wonky and has it's moments. It's okay, good at times. Never feels out of place.
>>
>>3953440
Still more energetic than fake Japanese energy
>>
File: 1486960888015.jpg (37KB, 968x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486960888015.jpg
37KB, 968x720px
>Sonic soundtrack debate
JP > US
3D Blast Saturn > Genesis
>>
File: ecf.jpg (175KB, 498x1493px) Image search: [Google]
ecf.jpg
175KB, 498x1493px
>>3953447
Definitely, I can't see how anyone could disagr

>3D Blast
>>
>>3950231
Best version of Sonic Boom coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZXJ6qDB0U
>>
>>3953552
I feel everyone's underappreciating this
>>
>>3953552
>>3955730
It's honestly not that good.
>>
File: santa.jpg (49KB, 651x604px) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
49KB, 651x604px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgThnrxI5nc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nW3W-IqYuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkvBBMn8hZ4
The comfiest Sonic game
>>
>>3952743
Mario hasn't been primarily ragtime since Super Mario World. Also
>implying ragtime isn't patrician
>>
Best overall: JP
Best single track: US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv2Dj19WFic
>>
File: I_also_have_Chaotix.jpg (704KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_also_have_Chaotix.jpg
704KB, 2592x1944px
>>3955975
Yeah, sometimes I would play the game in a CD-player, skip the first data tracks and enjoy the music.

I think JP MegaCD Sonic CD and Saturn Thunderforce 5 spent more time in my CD player than played on the consoles themselves.
>>
>>3955965
Better than the obnoxious J-Pop sound of "You Can do Anything".
>>
>>3950157
PAL / JP
>>
>>3956082
Sonic 3 is the worst of the bunch, really.
>>
Turn on US soundtrack for Sonic Boom, then switch to JP soundtrack.
>>
>>3953372
Just get the time stones.
>>
File: AYY NUKUS.jpg (21KB, 298x304px) Image search: [Google]
AYY NUKUS.jpg
21KB, 298x304px
US's soundtrack sounds more fitting for atmosphere and environment games with genres like adventure and explore, and I don't think there has been a Sonic game that focused on exploring stages, even if CD had weird big level design.

I prefer JP's soundtrack because it's energetic, more joyful and sounds faster, just like how Sonic is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUxrDi5Rws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrnZ3xL9Xk (the beta version is even better)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_EiJnVCacM

It's just soooo upbeat, because that's the type of music that I like.
>>
First thing make me fun when play sonicCD(่jap)
is Music.
Level design are ok but play whit impressive Music(in that time) that mind control me to forget everything and play play play.
but when I play US version there all gone, just a normal platfrom with normal CDsoundtrack.
>>
>>3956082
>hydrocity act 2 music
Good taste, and good level too. Sonic 3 is my least favorite but yeah Hydrocity is good.
Ice Cap is also top-tier.
>>
Somewhat related: This is the singer from Sonic R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOgT2dZ4X9I
>>
I like them both, my favorite songs for each world are as follows.

PalmTree Panic (JP)
Collision Chaos (US)
Tidal Tempest (US, but JP is good too)
Quart Quadrent (JP)
Wacky Workbench (US)
StarDust SpeedWay (Either both are great)
Metallic Madness (JP)
>>
>>3957836
Pretty much, although I like US Stardust better than JP.
I think QQ (JP) and SS(US) are the most memorable tracks in the game.
I also like the US WW by the way, love that ska rhythm
>>
>>3952653
Stupidest post I've seen on here in weeks.
>>
US
>>
>>3956108
Yeah, I get from reading around /vr/ that it is best with Sonic & Knuckles added on. Last time I saw a boxed copy was $20USD at my local Funco Pop! store. I think the price has gone up some more.

>>3957419
Yeah, when the song kicks into gear, I really love it. As much hate Genesis sounds gets on this board, I find it pretty charming when the sound chips are utilized by masters. Also, I enjoy the music in Chaotix as well.
>>
>>3953447
Muh nigguh
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.