[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a paladin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

File: whats_a_paladin.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
whats_a_paladin.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>
File: fuckinggrandmainthemouth.gif (491KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinggrandmainthemouth.gif
491KB, 500x277px
>>3949767
Remember when Spoony was cool?

Me neither.
>>
>>3949781
Remember when Ultima games were good? I do too, which makes Ascension all the more painful.
>>
File: Freyastilllovesyoutho.jpg (769KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Freyastilllovesyoutho.jpg
769KB, 2000x1125px
>>3949803
I don't actually, never played any, but I saw his series on it. I mean, I think every franchise with direct sequels hits a certain point if it lasts too long, where the quality begins to decline, but Ultima seemed to get some kind of super triple dose.

I mean, I can't remember but it seems like they may have been trying to be inclusive to new players but, after a certain point, if you start that far down the line in the series, you should just be expected to know you won't know shit.

Either way, I feel sorry for Ultima fans, rough way to kill the gaem.
>>
>>3949820
Do you know who caused it?

EA
>>
File: mylifebelike.png (41KB, 638x582px) Image search: [Google]
mylifebelike.png
41KB, 638x582px
>>3949823
What? Really? No I wasn't aware of it, I just figured Garriott was slipping further into insanity.
>>
>>3949828
Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.
>>
File: u9_in_ultima-iii.png (12KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
u9_in_ultima-iii.png
12KB, 512x512px
>>3949767
I wonder if there's been an attempt at a remake
>>
>>3949828
thought i was playing vidya but was actually playing depression. besides a few this meme hit me too hard.
>>
>>3949781
He was never cool, but once upon a time he did come across as fun, enjoyable, and something resembling sane.
>>
>>3949912
It's actually really sad now, he butchered himself, all he does now is those stupid let's play style videos that are like...I mean even let's plays add some kinda commentary but watching him play a game is almost like watching just some rando play. He doesn't add anything, he just legit kinda plays the game and mumbles in from time to time.

Wat happened to hem.
>>
File: Metal-Gear-Solid-TRAVIS-8.png (190KB, 446x612px) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear-Solid-TRAVIS-8.png
190KB, 446x612px
>>3949767
Metal Gear?
>>
>>3949823
The Ultima games that EA really ruined were Serpent Isle and Pagan because they pushed them out way before they were ready.
Ascension on the other hand was given too much time with little control which meant a lot of ideas just piled up with no real connection between them.
Despite all that Ascension is actually a fun game once you look past the plot.

>>3949828
Garriott wasn't that involved with the series after 5/6. He was more of a mascot than a programmer or designer.
It was only late in the development of 9 that he took an active role again and shat together a plot to tie things together.
>>
>>3949767
comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_sdmGAloaA
>>
>>3949767
god i miss him
>>
>>3949886
Yes. As a Morrowind mod.
>>
>>3949767
Paladin is a loladin with no lols
>>
>>3949921
In his Fallout and Ultima videos he played like a complete retard, constantly using unsuited weapons and blaming the game for it.
>>
>>3949767
They always given you the option to ask about things that Avatar obviously know simply to inform the player.

But because IX adds voice acting makes it seem stupider.
>>
>>3950504
My favorite is when he treats what little fans he have left like a bunch of pieces of shit. Was it confirmed he was bipolar or something?
>>
>>3949781
guy spent two fucking videos trying to massacre Pagan and calling it the worst Ultima that had no merits whatsoever when shit like Ascension exist. And those were just a total of an hour or two unfunny ramblings that made him sound like a whiny kid that made me drop him straight
>>
>>3950574
Pagan is complete trash aside from the graphics and the most basic idea of what it was supposed to be.
It could have been good if they spend several more years on designing and refining but even the patched state is inexcusable.
Ascension is great aside from the writing.
>>
File: VBuO6UJ[1].png (1B, 486x500px)
VBuO6UJ[1].png
1B, 486x500px
>>3949767
>>
>>3950603
>Ascension is great aside from the writing.
no it's not. That was dead on arrival since it doesn't even work properly even at launch especially when mostly everybody moved on from 3dfx to Direct3D, in which the game is horribly bug-ridden and unplayable. And it's still looks hideous even by its current standards when they got it released in 1999. You could blame the game having such terrible gameplay from Pagan but the lack of companions is just inexcusable since the game throws you back in Britannia where you *can* find your companions to join you again.
>>
>>3950725
do you really want a companion system in a third person action game? does daikatana ring any bells?
>>
>>3950725
Are you also saying Underworld 2 is bad because your companions don't join you?
With all patches it runs fine in D3D.
>>
UO was and still is the best MMORPG there is though.
>>
>>3950801
are you implying even with proper AI and gameplay design, they can never work? and i guess that's another problem with Ascension isn't it? it tried to be something it's not: a third-person action game instead of a rpg and it bloody well failed at it.

>>3951040
come on now, don't try to move the goalposts here. you know that's a spinoff rather than part of the main game, which Underworld is good in its own right. it has nothing to with the main games other than being related to it
>>
File: spoony 5.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spoony 5.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>3949767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nleeAUkws
>>
File: latest[1].png (290KB, 768x568px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
290KB, 768x568px
>>3950801
it could've worked, you never know
>>
>>3949823
EA GAMES!

*whispers* Ruin Everything...
>>
>>3949921
wasn't he having issues with bipolar disorder? What is even left that he could make videos on anymore?
>>
>>3951561
Final Fantasy XIII-3.
Final Fantasy IV plus DLC upcoming
A shit tonne of obscure movies from the 80's to the 00's.
Old vidya that he could just comment over like his oldest reviews
anything D&D related
Food vlogs
current movie vlogs
His audience will watch anything he puts out and still he can't be bothered to make a review once every other month and a bunch of filler in between. how lazy can you get.
>>
>>3951537
>it has nothing to with the main games other than being related to it
It has nothing to do with it other than being a direct link between Black Gate and Serpent Isle.
You could call Ascension Underworld 3, though it may be confusing since it's largely set overworld.
>it tried to be something it's not: a third-person action game instead of a rpg and it bloody well failed at it.
It's a 3rd person action RPG and it does a decent job at that. Better than Ultima 7 does as a point&click adventure.
>>
>>3951571
>A shit tonne of obscure movies from the 80's to the 00's.

oh god no, no more rebruary horseshit or something similar, that was never entertaining
>>
>>3951586
>oh god no, no more rebruary horseshit or something similar, that was never entertaining
True but at least it meant he was making videos. I liked his movie vlogs back in the late 2000's some of those where OK. Not great but good enough for filler.
>>
File: lv38mx6rpe4y.png (271KB, 968x909px) Image search: [Google]
lv38mx6rpe4y.png
271KB, 968x909px
Has anyone noticed how half of Spoony's jokes are stolen straight from Monty Python(and the other half from pop culture)?
>>
File: spoony JUST.jpg (48KB, 391x387px) Image search: [Google]
spoony JUST.jpg
48KB, 391x387px
>>3951935
dallad jelly
>>
Why do cuckolds hate Ultima 8?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>3951935
DON'T. TELL ME. HOW TO MEME.
>>
Are we ever going to have a Spoony-free Ultima thread?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.