[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dynamite Headdy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: dynamiteheaddye.jpg (212KB, 711x1008px) Image search: [Google]
dynamiteheaddye.jpg
212KB, 711x1008px
Probably the most underrated game of all time
>>
>>
It's a bit too style over substance even for Treasure standards
>>
>>3948002

Gameplay is amazing, camon dude
>>
>>3947965
I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT
>>
YOU FOUND ANOTHER SECRET
>>
File: dynamite head lol.png (266KB, 689x435px) Image search: [Google]
dynamite head lol.png
266KB, 689x435px
>>3947965
Bought it the other day since it was about 2bux

it looks like a lot of fun from looking at video clips, but I've made a point not to try it out yet emulated

Does /vr/ really hate it, or have I just come here at bad times? Is it because it's more popular now with all the "undiscovered gem" type youtube videos?

is it because it's treasure?
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
115KB, 500x500px
>>3948023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMGiVkcz6A
POOKS!
>>
>>3948032
I swear he says POOPS
>>
>>3948009
Amazing not really, above average maybe
>>
>>3948046

GTFO
>>
>>3948046
sour contrarian grape
>>
>>3948002
You're the guy who claims people "overrate" Treasure but can't find any examples, right?
>style over substance
Nice meme!
>>
>>3948031
I have it on Cartridge from back in the day, and it is legitimately a gem so play it asap
>>
>>3948182
Ikaruga is a good example of style over substance shit.
>>
Good game. Kind of weird looking though
>>
One of my favorite games of all time, replay every couple of months.

>underrated
Fucking everyone I know who ever played it tell me it's great, but it might not be as known as others yeah.
>>
>>3948182
And you are the guy who sucks Treasure's balls every time he has the chance to? nice to meet you
>>
>>3948083
>contrarian
this game isn't even that popular, and deservedly so.
>>
>>3949013
No, wrong guy.
Are you the guy who always says Treasure has people who suck their balls even though they can't show proof even on archives?
>>
>>3948031
It's a late Genesis game made by Treasure, of course it's good.
>Does /vr/ really hate it, or have I just come here at bad times?
/vr/ isn't a single person, and yeah, it's infested with nasty regulars that spam the same bait.
>Is it because it's more popular now with all the "undiscovered gem" type youtube videos?
Yes, which also means the game is expensive and makes collectors who jumped late into the bandwagon very angry.
>is it because it's treasure?
Yes, it triggers weird people that hate Treasure for "betraying Sega", or that it has "Nintendo fanboys", so it attracts console warriors for some weird reason, even though Treasure is independent.
Also, shmup autists that hate Ikaruga for also being popular in "Hidden gem" lists.
>>
>>3949174
There's no need to, shmupfags already proven Treasure can't design a good shooter if they're life depended on it.
>>
>>3949192
Who was talking about designing shooters?
>shmupfags
The ones that never post their time stamped records and times?
>>
>>3949195
>never post their time stamped records and times?
>times
think you got confused shmups with memerunning
>>
>>3949174
Not even necessary, every time someone remotely dislikes something by treasure a butthurt fanboy appear and spout memes on him, you are the best example.
>>
>>3949219
>remotely dislikes
Such as "Treasure is the most overrated game company ever, their games all suck and everybody overrates them!"?
Because I really still don't see anybody overrating Treasure, on the other hand I do see memesters that jump at anyone who remotely hints at liking something by Treasure with meme opinions and unironic bad taste.
>>
>>3949224
>Because I really still don't see anybody overrating Treasure
Then you're not looking hard enough for it.
>>
wow another thread that dissolves into treasure arguments, you massive faggots

This game is solid 9/10 and should be played
>>
>>3949224
Nobody but you in this thread came out with the "Treasure is overrated" thing, see how you are a paranoid fuck?
>>
I got this game when I was 8 or 9 because I thought it was Rayman. I was pissed when it turned out to be something else, but I got over it and had fun with it
>>
>>3949230
>>3949236
Obvious samefag, hilarious.
It's funny you're calling others paranoid when you're the one that feels like everyone who likes a Treasure game is some Treasure fanboy boogeyman.
Also, I'm sorry I mixed the overrated meme with the style over substance meme.
>>
File: kek.png (5KB, 246x93px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
5KB, 246x93px
>>3949247
yep you are indeed paranoid, thanks for proving my point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fox0KUNpoas
Best track coming through
>>
>>3949260
Look at that, the newfag learned how to doctor screenshots using inspect element.
>>
>>3949247
>the style over substance meme
It's true though.
>It's true though
>wow a shmup stage! a belt-scroll stage!, an auto-scroller!
>except none of them are particularly good designed nor exciting
>>
>>3948992
lol
>>
I appreciate that the game lets you choose heads when you meet the head dispenser rather than forcing you to go with specific heads for specific parts of the game. This is something I wish Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles would've done.

I like the game, but it's a bit too hard for me. Although I haven't played it in years.

Fuck that basketball game.

Also
>Toys in the Hood
>>
>>3949263
t. paranoid-kun
>>
>>3949274
Also
>Terminate Her Too
>>
>>3949239
your dad sells avon
>>
>>3949262
move over son, but top tier taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOWGWAomXg
>>
>>3949239
>if you don't agree with my autistic, subjective and biased opinion, you're a Treasurefag.

This is why nobody takes you seriously, schizo.
>>
>>3948992
It ain't even that stylized. If anything, it's more than a little understated compared to your average Cave STG.
>>
>>3948032

It must be the best digitized voices ever presented on a sega genesis.
>>
>>3947965

> Dynamite Headdy
> hidden gem

Good lord the underage in this thread.
>>
>>3949329
ikr, who the hell didn't have the Sega Channel back in 1995?
>>
>>3949329
I don't think that's fair. If it wasn't a hidden gem (I don't like the phrase), e-celebshit would talk about it.
>>
>>3949331

Was that regional? I remember renting it.
>>
>>3949335
Hell I've seen some of them treat the Super Mario Bros. movie like it was some obscure indy flick.

Not sure what the real measurement should be but any Treasure game on the Genesis is pretty far from obscure. They're some of the most celebrated releases the console has.
>>
File: smbkino.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
smbkino.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>3949360
SMB The Movie is kino.
>>
>>3949379
It really is. Hoskins was the shit.
>>
>>3949360
Over time. Back in the day though, they weren't that widely known unless you were an enthusiast. So, we wo were lucky enough to stumble upon them close to release kept recommending them to people who emulate or were just about to start their retro gaming hobby, resulting in these strange crossroads where those games felt like rare and special gems to us, yet are some of the first games latecomers try out after asking for recommendations, which might make them over time seem like not that big a deal compared to that "totally obscure gem" they discover by themselves when farther into the hobby.
>>
It's one of my all-time favs.

Too bad they cut the dialogues in the western release.
There is a translation of the japanese version luckily.
>>
>>3949424
>Too bad they cut the dialogues in the western release.
It flows better that way, honestly. Not like the story is particularly interesting.
>>
>>3949432
After playing both though, it's neat to see bosses who just seem like automatons in the english version displaying personalities.
>>
Played as kid. Bought the game from a friend. Emulated both west and jpn because some bosses look different. Never played the gg/msystem version yet
One of the best games I played. Loved the theatre theme, the gameplay, those mini-games(played too much basket one) and that sweet soundtrack.
Game can be hell hard at later stages due to Maruyama, like that level 6 where you are surviving every shit they throw at you. Baby face > Adult > Old man was best boss with 2 different outcomes, being the last one funny as fuck. The secret boss at end game through the password was also funny
and
>HEADDY HEADDY HEADDY
>>
>>3947965
junk
>>
>>3950384
Interesting opinion, my contrarian friend. I will write it down in my imaginary "Anon's important opinions" book.
>>
>>3949432
After playing both versions, I prefer the western release: the game flows better without the text, the level puns are fun and more memorable, the spotlight energy bar it's now much clear and the graphical changes were for the best (not a fan of the bad geisha or the giant doll). Shame about the raised difficult level.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.