[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw no transation of this gem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: kowloonsgate.jpg (53KB, 384x327px) Image search: [Google]
kowloonsgate.jpg
53KB, 384x327px
tfw no transation of this gem.
>>
I hope you're prepared for a really shitty thread.
>>
>>3947593
I'm no hacker, but if someone text dumps everytjing, I translate as a hobby and will stalk this thread.
>>
>>3947764
Good luck. No one wanted to help me translate my game so I doubt anyone will for this. Also an anon explained how it's done to me and it sounds like someone has to really be into the game if they want to help.
>>
>>3947772
What game were you wanting to work on? Just curious.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure nothing is going to come of it, but in case someone with experience textdumping from roms pops up, it is what it is. To be honest, I really want to do El Dorado Gate as well. Throwin' it out there, but I also know the text is supposedly compressed in some fashion in the series.
>>
>>3947806
Quiz Nanairo dreams was what I wanted to work on.
>>
>>3948096
If you're a translator, you may have much better luck going to the forums or the classifieds of romhacking dotto netto for the game, especially if you can sample your work somehow. It's how I got in touch with someone to help me text dump stuff I've wanted to do.
>>
>>3948143
Well at this point I'm desperate. But I haven't translated too many things... I might have to work on my resume.
>>
I mean this in the best way possible

but FFS guys, 4chan is NOT the place where you want to start you project

just go to RHDN or the multitude of smaller hubs, any place but 4-fucking-chan
>>
>>3948150
I dont think you should worry about a resume for a fan project. If you could translate a scene or two for it off a youtube video, you might garner more interest in the project itself. Plus, people like the assurance of someone actually putting in some work ahead of time to show a.)a proof.of concept, and b.)some security that you yourself know what you're getting into and won't flake out or something.

There is a mad shortage of capable translators interested in retro games. If only we could kidnap scanlators and fansubbers because they have rock hard work ethic.
>>
>>3948174
I have enough faith in 4chan for something like this, and sure beats any of the unproductive as fuck-all "lol learn Japanese and join the weeb masterrace" shit that pops up.

Still, romhacking is way more complicated, and asm hacking alone could take years of honing and is more vulnerable to hangups than a Japanese translator who can look or listen to something and go from there.
>>
>>3947764
Translating is the easy part.

>>3947593
Isn't there a subtitled walkthrough on YouTube? Like with Dr Slump.
>>
>>3948368
Working on part 8.
>>
>>3948194
Not to shit on you, because I'm in the same predicament as you, but what makes that so unreasonable? Translation is a MUCH different beast than being able to read on your own; it requires being an excellent writer. It's not 1:1 at all. It's like having two brains. That's the main reason people say that.
>>
Been wanting a translation of this for years now, even before the Hard Cuck 101 article that came out recently
>>
>>3948441
>>>3948194
>Not to shit on you, because I'm in the same predicament as you, but what makes that so unreasonable? Translation is a MUCH different beast than being able to read on your own; it requires being an excellent writer. It's not 1:1 at all. It's like having two brains. That's the main reason people say that.

Yeah there's a huge difference between just translating and localising+fitting it in the game
>>
>>3948585
>>3948194
Oh yikes, I should have put more tact into the way I said it. Yes, of course they are two very different things and both super challenging. I have like 5 projects I'm translating and tackling thise problems with too, so I totallt get that.

My point above being, you don't see translation patches come to a halt because someone didn't figure out what the Japanese word for "nanomachine" was. In the meantime, you do get projects that don't go anywhere or get canned way early in the process because a hacker can't hammer out a bug/glitch/checksum/formatting issue(like Sigma Harmonics).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.