[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you frequent any other retro game communities /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: dggd.jpg (88KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
dggd.jpg
88KB, 500x334px
Do you frequent any other retro game communities /vr/?
>>
Your dad's mancave
>>
>>3947356
No they are all shit even compared to /vr/ which is pretty shit.
>>
>>3947358
but I like this place, the discussions are always good and interesting. Just hide shitposting and its all gravy.
>>
File: 0088.jpg (54KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
0088.jpg
54KB, 340x500px
>>3947364
yeah theres some good threads once in a while. but i notice more shitposting since I contribute.
>>
>>3947364
/vr/ "shitposting" is super tame compared to /v/, you guys've got it way too good.
>>
>Reputation based on collection size
No thanks, never again.
>>
>>3947356
Not really. I frequent other places but few places have the autistic "retro" rules like here. And that's one of the reasons I come here. Sometimes I don't feeling like wading through >9000 posts about shit I'm totally uninterested in.
>>
NintendoAge. But mostly for buying stuff.
>>
Nope, other than a couple Facebook groups for which I'm obviously much too cool. Anytime I can't resist replying to something with my signature sardonic insight it gets "liked" too much by too many dumbasses for me to feel comfortable.
>>
I used to go to a forum about older games by a guy that used to write for some website. All I remember was some guy named "Tom" stinking up the joint. Turns out he was one of the localizers for Atlus. His name starts showing up prominently right when Atlus went into the shitter with their "localizing" choices like bringing an eroge game over to the states and removing the eroge, then shaming the fans for being upset. I guess you would call it "treehouse-tier" idiocy.

Now I just watch youtube peeps, that old forum gave me too much insight into the medium and its full of retarded puritan-esque milquetoast faggots (on the US side at least). All I watch gaming related is Gamesack and Ross's Game Dungeon.
>>
I can't be bothered to sign up to anything.
>>
Nope
>>
I barely frequent this one. They're all shit, bar none
>>
This is the only good retro community. Any other is just a bunch of "collectors" that don't actually play games.
>>
No, because imageboards have rendered them obsolete. That, and every retro community I used to frequent either went to shit or died.
>>
File: tumblr_muizowe5Vd1skq5rdo6_1280.png (304KB, 632x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muizowe5Vd1skq5rdo6_1280.png
304KB, 632x480px
>>3947815
I love you too anon. Give me a hug~
>>
File: hoaxbutter2.jpg (17KB, 433x322px) Image search: [Google]
hoaxbutter2.jpg
17KB, 433x322px
Was Retrogaming Roundtable the last great retro game forum?
>>
>>3947830
Oh fuck you just reminded me I had an account and posted some dumb shit on there like 8 years ago. I dont think I could even find my old posts tho.
>>
what other retro communities
>>
>>3947835

I tried to return to posting there a couple years ago. I had an account several years ago (starting around 2001-2003, somewhere in there), or at the very least lurked and bought at least one set of GameBoy stuff.
>>
Does rllmuk count? It spun off from the Edge forums 14 years ago, so it's mostly oldfags on there.
>>
Assembler games but that's been down for like 2 months now
>>
>>3947890
good. that place was a huge shithole.
>>
I tried to get into the neo-geo forums but it's just a giant circlejerk of people who got games for cheap and won't sell them.

I own an MVS and the games I like, but fuck that community is autistic.

I just want to group buy a candy cab and be fucking done with it already.
>>
>>3947890

Oh, right. I go to AssemblerGames as well. I wonder if it is down for good. Assembler says it'll be up and that he is over the apparent legal troubles the site was having, but I don't know.
>>
>>3947392
Where was this at anon?
>>
>>3947821
Keeping up with a conversation for more than a day is a nightmare on imageboards.
>>
I haven't been coming here that long but I just want to say how good /vr/ is compared to what I expected. I expected nostalgia circlejerking and shit talking every new game because it's new, but there's quality discussion here. I already have fond memories of the time spent in that huge Phantasy Star thread
So keep up the good work /vr/
>>
>>3948216
The Cover Project
>>
>>3948629
I've used them a little before, no idea it was so arrogant like that
>>
>>3947356
Gamers With Jobs, but it's not so much retro as just other old farts who do get into retro discussion.
>>
>>3947891
>>>3947890 (You)
>good. that place was a huge shithole.

Well they do need to purge redditfags like digmac and monkey boy Joey. They have never offered anything of value to the site.
>>
>>3948703

I think there are surely some underage and borderline underage posters on there. You'd think that something like AG would attract only people at least in their late 20s and up, but I guess a prototype autist is born every minute
>>
>>3948703
What is it about retro gamers that they can't handle opinions they don't agree with? It's so fucking weird to me. Do you all just want insular hugboxes?
>>
I'm surprised I haven't seem shmups or neo-geo forums posted. I don't frequent them, but I see some quality CRT/Set-up stuff on Shmups.
>>
>>3948713
>Do they all want insular hugboxes
What do you think anon
>>
>>3948713
I would have no issues with them if they didn't act like fucking children.
>>
>>3947356
Nope this is all there is, and this ain't much.
>>
I use forums if I need to, some have experienced users that have pictures of board revisions and certain mod explanations that work better with stickied threads as opposed to an image board that constantly has new threads replace old ones. When I want discussion and fun conversations i use /vr/ but if I have a focused question I'll use google or forums. Overall though the only place I avoid is Reddit because I really just can't get behind the attention seeking.

Also obligatory fuck off tripfag post.
>>3947626
Please remove your trip name when it isn't a needed part of a thread. The only times it is acceptable to use one on /vr/ is when the thread has a need for one like buy, sell, and trade threads or the like. We all understand the crt thread is a circle jerk for tripfags so go ahead and use it there but holy shit you come off like an attention seeking asshat.
>>
>>3951485
post this next time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thfKq71cNZM
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.