[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was doing some tech support for a friend and he offered to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: shiningforce3found.jpg (106KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
shiningforce3found.jpg
106KB, 1440x810px
I was doing some tech support for a friend and he offered to let me browse through an old spindle of CDs he had and take anything I wanted.

Found a loose copy of Shining Force III for the Sega Saturn and decided to take it, it's in pretty good shape and I tested it on an emulator and it seems to be working just fine.

Where should I sell this thing? Do any of you want it? 99.99 seems to be the average for a caseless copy, I'm looking for around $75 shipped.
>>
I'll give you a dollar for it.
>>
I prefer Amazon because it's the fastest way to list. Don't need to add photos or anything, just say it's CD only and describe the condition accurately (assuming you already have a seller account)

Fees are about the same as eBay with the shipping credit.

You could also try some forums like cheapassgamer or neogaf.
>>
>>3946805
Listed it on Amazon, didn't have a seller account but wasn't hard to register.

Can live with the fees and walk away with 72.99 and still significantly undercut similar sellers. Thanks!
>>
>>3946779
>not just taking the whole spindle
>>
>tested it on an emulator
nani?
>>
>>3946779
You should tell your friend that something in the spindle was valuable. This is the right thing to do even if he said "take anything you want".
>>
>>3946779
>Congratulations! Your ANON has evolved into RESELLERSCUM
>>
>>3947884
Yeah, I feel the same. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking scumbag who is probably poor.
>>
>>3947895
>friend using him for free tech support
>got a game actually worth something so anon gets recompense for his tech support time

Oh shit, that might have been more cash equivalent value than he meant to give you, even though he was exploiting you to begin with!
>>
>>3947907
Friends help each other out. That's not using others, that's being friends. What's not being friends is recognizing your friend is unknowingly offering you something valuable and silently taking it. Survival of the fittest, whatever, its scummy.
>>
>>3947870
Put it into the CD drive of your computer, run the image via emulator. Best way to test it if you don't have an actual console to try it on.
>>
>>3947884
>>3947896
Can you not read? Dude did some work for his friend and got paid a Shining Force 3 disc.
>>
>>3947907
>newly spawned reseller scum
>justifies himself with newly acquired super power of jewlogic
>>
you should keep it you spud
>>
>>3947907
>I can only view human relationships as one party exploiting another

You seem like a horrible person.
>>
>>3948527
>Attempting to determine the value of someones character from a few lines of dialogue with them on a mongolian scuba-diving board

You seem like a judgmental person

and I seem like an ironic one
>>
>>3948685
>ironic
That's not how it's spelled moron.
>>
>>3946779
I was sad when no one mentioned selling it for McNuggets TM
>>
>>3946779
reseller trash. Sell it on ebay or something for 20 bucks and make someone's day.
>>
>>3950041
It would just be another reseller.
>>
>>3948349
People like OP are ruining the retro community.
Cancer..
>>
>>3948685
I used the word "seem" for a reason, there's no need to be so defensive.
>>
>OP locates a copy of rare game that was on the verge of being trashed
>Sells it at a significantly lower price point than competing sellers thus slightly lowering its aggregate value
>Still gets shit all over by /vr/
It's like you all think he should have just given it to someone (you) who would "appreciate it" which tells me that you don't have the kind of friends who actually DO give you video game shit.
>>
>>3954016
>faggot implies
>faggot implies
>faggot gets told to fuck of back to whatever shithole it came from
>>
>>3946779
Sell it for whatever price is acceptable to you. I'd photograph it in a case instead of holding it though.
>>
>>3946779
How much time did it actually take you to help him? That will determine how much of an asshole you may or may not be.
>>
>>3947895
He should sell it for a deflated price instead, to another reseller. Good goy.
>>
There's nothing wrong with reselling if you put you put it up on auction, the buyers determine the items worth and at that point the moral dilemma is out of the sellers hands.

I've never listed a game on auction for more or less than $10, it incidentally makes me look like a dumb exploitable seller and it makes people go insane with the bid wars.

op should give his friend half of whatever income he turns in from the disc, if he really feels like he ripped his friend off. I think that's fair.
>>
Grats on a sweet find and helping your friend out!

>>3948349
>>3947895
>>3954584
take all this bm to /v/ or /pol/ jesus
>>
Simple solution - tell your friend you sold it and what you sold it for. If he's cool with that well and good. Not telling him though, who rips off their own friend lol.
>>
File: little baby butthurt.jpg (35KB, 609x406px) Image search: [Google]
little baby butthurt.jpg
35KB, 609x406px
>>3954790
You sound mad faggot

>>3954921
This. Bring him some pizza and beers and I'm sure he'll be cool with it.
>>
>>3954782
>moral dilemma

Come the fuck on. This is fucking video games, not food or medicine. You sell it for as much as you can possibly get for it and not a cent less. Someone wants it but doesn't have the cash? Tough fucking luck, I guess they'll have to live without this particular piece of plastic adorning their bookshelf.
>>
>>3946779
play it
it is one of the best rpg's ever
>>
>>3956569
>it's 1/3 of one of the best rpgs ever
ftfy
>>
>>3956579
thats why you burn the translate the other 2 parts and use pic related or emulator
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.