[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda a Link to the Past Randomizer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Just stumbled upon this. Never heard of it before. Any one heard of it? I don't really know what it does but this is what the official site says:

>This is a simple program that moves around items in the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (ALttP). It is used for racing the game.

https://dessyreqt.github.io/alttprandomizer/

wat? Does that mean when i open a big chest and usually the bow should be inside, there might be any kind of item inside like the pegasus boots?
>>
That sounds awful but I'd watch a race
>>
>>3946771

yes. there's one for super metroid as well and probably other games too
>>
>wat? Does that mean when i open a big chest and usually the bow should be inside, there might be any kind of item inside like the pegasus boots?

Correct. You can find some lets plays of it on youtube. I would link a few, but I'm not sure if that counts as shilling ecelebs, so you can just go look for yourself if you're interested.
>>
File: getting flippers in town.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
getting flippers in town.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>3946846
This is sum entertaining spectacle, mane! I watched my main man Yagamoth run through this. (he has 7 billion subscribers on youtube so everybody knows him anyways. oh wait i misread: just 600)

seems like every chest that isn't compass, map, key or big key has a chance of containing everything (items, ammunition or rupee(s)) and items that just lay around in hard to reach places also get switched around.

For anyone interested i think this scene describes it best what this romhack is all about:

https://youtu.be/Z_qQpYpVNHQ?t=830

There are 4 chests and (i think) there are usually rupees inside.
>>
>all chests in the overworld is randomized including big chests in dungeons
>every item is randomized for each respective dungeon only i.e. every dungeon will have the same boss key, map, compass but is mixed up

It's impossible to get stuck or maybe a 10% chance of encountering an error.
>>
>>3946771
did you play it yet?
>>
>>3950382
Yup! Great fun actually. I never thought so clearly about how almost every item has it's distinct purpose in the game. There are lot's of areas where exactly one special item is needed to advance further. Like you NEED the bow to reach the boss of the first dungeon. No bow? Can't finish the first dungeon! The kind of items you get in the beginning determine the route you are able to take and the more items you get the more the game 'opens up'. I highly recommend giving it a try.

For me it was a bit hard in the beginning because i didn't remember where to go to use which item but after watching the beginning of 2 runs i managed to get further with each try. I remembered where there are lots of chests that are easily reachable in the beginning and then it got easier.

Played about 5 different seeds so far. Also i play with a Speed Up button [pause for cringe] and a Rewind Button [pause for cringe] on my favorite emulator: ZSNES [pause for all the cringes]
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.