[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More games like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

More games like this?
>>
File: the-cave.jpg (477KB, 2200x913px) Image search: [Google]
the-cave.jpg
477KB, 2200x913px
>>3946527

The Cave
>>
Heart of Darkness
>>
Prince of Persia 1 and 2
Blackthorne
Flashback
Nosferatu
>>
Flashback
Blackthorne
Oddworld
>>
>>3946527
Not retro, but Deadlight
>>
My Caruba XD
>>
>>3946527
This kind of game is called a Cinematic Platformer
>>
File: bermuda-syndrome-pc-00a.jpg (59KB, 340x175px) Image search: [Google]
bermuda-syndrome-pc-00a.jpg
59KB, 340x175px
just read about it in a magazine, never played it but it looks quite fun
>>
File: LestertheUnlikely_boxart.png (129KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
LestertheUnlikely_boxart.png
129KB, 300x213px
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989633

And we are done.
>>
File: sos.jpg (20KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
sos.jpg
20KB, 400x263px
>>3946690
>>
>>3946527
Thankfully, not many.
>>
>>3946527
This game is loved for having revolutionary, rotoscopic animation and it was all the work of one programmer. There is nothing like is, aside from Flashback for the Sega and SNES. The programmer's name is Eric Chahi. At the time, this game was a masterpiece. Today it is mostly swept under the rug by know-nothings.
>>
>>3949289
Didn't that guy turned into a tranny?
>>
File: 44406-Blackthorne_(U)(Mode7)-2.jpg (31KB, 418x364px) Image search: [Google]
44406-Blackthorne_(U)(Mode7)-2.jpg
31KB, 418x364px
>>3946581
>>3946585

Blackthorne is an excellent choice.
>>
>>3949289
It's been ported to just about every system known to man, and just about every gamer born before the 00s is likely to have encountered it in some form. I'm sorry, but I don't think constantly shooting how great it is during every new generation is going to do its reputation any favors. Give it time to cool down before a new audience discovers it. Also, pretty sure Prince of Persia and Karateka used Rotoscoping before it, and there were earlier examples in the arcades.
>>
>>3949325
This here.

As an aside, most gamers considered it the same way they considered most Cinematic Platformers. Style over substance. Just about every kid I knew had played Prince of Persia and Another World/Out Of This World at least once, but I didn't know anyone who had played either game for more than 5 minutes. No one considered the game a "masterpiece" outside of French media, merely a flashy if well animated puzzle platformer.

And yeah, hyping it up as such a great game will only work against it, since most modern gamers who give it a shot will probably be pissed at the difficulty and the fact the game doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>3949378

I had no problem with the puzzles, it was the stiff ass controls that turned me off after 15 minutes back in the day, same goes for POP
>>
>>3949301
No. Supricingly many retro video game developers and tech pioneers have (to the point of a study being conducted as of why), but not Éric Chahi.
He did make From Dust though.
>>
File: reviewc1029-8.jpg (202KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
reviewc1029-8.jpg
202KB, 900x506px
>>3946527
The Way (not retro, find on Steam). I played it last week.
It's short, there's only one puzzle that you'd want to be spoon-fed on (the trial-and-error programming one, late game). It's got the atmosphere, satisfying music, and the story has a satisfying ending(s).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.