[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (88KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
88KB, 640x905px
If this was any other game without the Zelda name on it would you have played it?

It just seems like a hipster fetish game but looks just like any other side scroller of the day nothing really special.
>>
>>3946106

>hey I just played this 30 year old game for 5 minutes. Now I'm gonna go on /vr/ and throw some buzzwords together.
>>
8/10 bait. You'll probably manage to piss off both the Zelda fans and the hardcore ARPG fans.
>>
>fetish game

Yeh the furry head monsters in the first palace were kinda ero, but overall what did he mean by this?
>>
Eh, I probably would have played until the third dungeon, at which point the game becomes too hard for me and I'd give up.

Hey, just like how it is with me now! I guess the title really is irrelevant!
>>
>>3946112
It's time to stop namefagging, faggot.
>>
>>3946106
Yes, because I played it when I was a kid, and I played all kinds of games as a kid, because I'm not an underage millennial faggot like you who only plays games when their favorite ecelebs do a youtube about them.

It had a dude who went around and fought shit with a sword. This would have appealed to plenty of kids with or without the Zelda name.
>>
>>3946106
>If this was any other game without the Zelda name on it would you have played it?
It was the first Zelda game I played. I only ever played the rest of the Zelda games because I liked this one so much.
>>
>would anyone have played The Battle of Olympus, except better and released earlier?
Gee, who the fuck would have wanted a game like that?
>>
The truth about Zelda 2:

Zelda 2 is damn good, and unfairly overlooked by many people today. Admittedly, it does have some flaws (mostly the graphics and poor translation/cryptic nature), but besides that it's a fantastic game and has some of the best 2D combat possible.

Zelda 2 has very fluid and responsive controls, which can allow the player to pull off very precise jumps, stabs, and slashes. The combat and controls are the best that could've be implemented in a 2D game like this. Compare the jumping and attacks from Zelda 2 with something like Castlevania, Double Dragon, or just about any 2D sidecroller with emphasis on combat. Almost all of the seem very, slow, clunky and limited in contrast to Zelda, even the ones released much later.

As for the enemies and dungeons, I find them very, very good as well. The game has many types of enemies that attack/must be fought in separate ways, and when added to the unique level designs found in different dungeons/encounters this makes the game constantly entertaining and engaging. The controls are perfect, practice for a bit if you don't get it straight away.

The game also expanded on towns, sidequests, magic, items, and added a whole lot of what can be considered today as "the zelda formula".
>>
>>3946129
Don't forget about the "please come inside" lady.
>>
remember this ?
>>
>>3946106
I really liked "Battle for Olympus" and "Faxanadu", even though they are both worse than Zelda II.
>>
>>3946106
I really like the way Zelda II plays.

No, I'm not an ebin contrarian fuck off.
>>
>It just seems like a hipster fetish game

But hipsters don't like popular games, anon.
You are the gen Z hipster.
>>
Absolutely.

I fucking love that style of game. Battle of Olympus, Faxanadu, etc.
>>
Zelda II is a great game. The controls feel responsive and it has a fairly complex combat and magic system for a 2D sidescroller on the NES. My only real complaint about it is the lives system and how the game starts you at the beginning every time you run out of lives (which makes the game more tedious than it does difficult). And aside from the occasional difficulty spike, I'd say the game is pretty fair. A lot of other games from that time sometimes feel unfair because of gimped controls but Zelda 2 rarely feels like that, usually you die because it's your own fault.
>>
>>3946343
Maybe she was into creampies?
>>
>>3946169
said the other namefag ...
>>
>>3946106
amazing game
>>
>>3946927
There's no way in hell they didn't fuck
>>
>>3946106
Yes, most people here, if not myself at the least, would have gave anything that was on Nintendo Power a chance.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.