[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here was suckered into playing this piece of shit as a dumb kid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Rascal_Coverart.png (147KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Rascal_Coverart.png
147KB, 250x244px
Who here was suckered into playing this piece of shit as a dumb kid?
>>
File: Rascal JP Bubblegun Kid.jpg (50KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rascal JP Bubblegun Kid.jpg
50KB, 510x512px
I didn't.

Played this for the very first time only about 1 month ago and it's awful.
>>
File: rascal.jpg (335KB, 1455x640px) Image search: [Google]
rascal.jpg
335KB, 1455x640px
>Rascal character designed by Jim Henson's Creature Shop
Aaaand he sucks. Shit character design. Rascal is very similar to Heart of Darkness Andy, but Andy looks good while Rascal is shit.
>>
>>3945214
It's like a knock-off of Kid Vid from the old Burger King kids club. Now that cat was cool
>>
File: andy3.png (546KB, 472x515px) Image search: [Google]
andy3.png
546KB, 472x515px
>>3945214
Both characters were designed in the "radical 90s boy" vein of thinking, but right from the getgo this aspect of Andy's design was more reserved, muted, and bearable. Not sure why as red + blue and purple + yellow are both contrasting colors. But I suppose it's got a lot to do with how Rascal pushes the "this stinks like 90s" too much with his plastic shades, hat being backwards, etc. It's too much. Andy's clothes look a lot less like a caricature and more like some sort of flamboyant French boyscout or some shit. I know next to nothing about Callum Clockwork(I think that's Rascal's 'real name' but developers what the fuck?) personality as I never got far in the game, but whilst Andy is motivated by being a phobic loner with selfesteem issues and a desire to save his best friend whilst still being a believable dorky kid, I vaguely remember Rascal either being a grating brat or having literally no personality other than his flashy appearance.

As for the game itself, Rascal is a shit 3D platformer from the 90s. There were a lot of these damn things, and even the good ones from that era have a difficult time holding up by today's standard. I had this game when little and liked Rascal's design and still have a soft spot for the character's design as a result. (I am a sucker for the radial 90s child protagonist trope. sorry) but playing it a couple years ago I wanted to kill myself and didn't get past the first level.
>>
Yep, bought this instead of Driver 2, regretted it forever
>>
I could tell it was a Psygnosis game before I even saw the logo. The character design reeks of Amiga.
>>
>>3945214
>Design Studio
>most generic "backwards 90s hat kid" ever
what the hell
>>
>>3945254
So what are people seriously okay with blog posts on /vr/
>>
>>3945450
>two paragraphs
>blog posts
I assume you'd prefer sentence-long shitposts like in /v/?
>>
>>3945142
I think I ended up getting a copy of this as some sort of punishment from forces beyond my comprehension for lying to my mom that the neighbor got pissed at me for no reason to trick her into getting me something to feel better.
>>
Rented it because I was a dumb 90s kid who liked tude. Main character also looked like a Burger King mascot at the time, so it was a double whammy for a chubby six year old. Probably one of the worst games I've ever actually played. Controls barely functioned.
>>
>>3945142
I remember seeing this promoted in gaming mags but I only had a N64 at the time. That bad, huh?
>>
I believe they used the same engine on Kingsley Adventure.

>>3945254
Callum Clockwise
>>
I remember the concept was okay.
>>
>>3946570
Close.
This thread is making me want to look up the cutscenes of this game so I at least know how it ends.
>>
>>3946897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7xmL2v2F7E

>That fucking villain

Also, having to jump and hold the down button to stomp. What the fuck.
>>
>>3946993
Well I definitely don't remember our protagonist looking... like... that... in the cutscenes. Um... okay.
That villain is pretty damn cool though. Why does he have more polygons than literally anything else?
>>
I remember having a level on a demo disc. I ended up liking it too and had forgotten how frustrating it was until I found a rom of the full game many years later. One level is enough.
>>
>>3945142
What is so bad about it?
>>
>>3950323
primarily the controls.
>>
I bought it used in a shop under the boss's advice because it was like crash.
I played very little 1 hour at best terrible, fortunately shortly after I managed to swap it for GT2 with a schoolmate.
>>
>>3945450
Am I the only person here who actually likes reading blogposts? I mean come on, this is a retrogaming board, people are going to talk about their past experiences, and I think they're interesting to read.
>>
>>3945142
certainly not me dumbass
>>
>>3945142
I had a pirated copy and still felt ripped off. It's seriously one of the worst games I've ever played.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.