[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wii u or Wii for emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wiiuandwii.jpg (11KB, 360x180px) Image search: [Google]
wiiuandwii.jpg
11KB, 360x180px
I want to emulate nintendo 64, SNES, NES (and possibly some PS1 titles), which should I buy; the Wii or Wii U? I want the most power so that emulations go smoothly, but not sure if there is going to be any difference in emulation between Wii and Wii U. I am also worried that it is not possible to get emulators as easily for Wii as it is for the Wii u. Give me some input.
>>
Wii all the way. It supports 240p and they're super cheap. Emulation on the Wii U uses Wii mode anyway.
>>
There's basically no difference. With the exception of one or two pieces of homebrew (namely Loadline to load WiiU ISOs) everything runs through the virtual Wii mode, so everything out there made for the Wii will also run on a Wii U. As far as emulators go they're exactly the same, I'd only really recommend the Wii if you have a CRT or like using Gamecube controllers.
>>
>>3944492
It uses the Wii mode, but will the Emulation be smoother because of the better hardware? For instance, will ps1 titles and n64 titles run better on Wii U?
>>
>>3944501

Nope. It's a PS2/PS1 situation - when it's in Wii mode it legitimately thinks its a Wii and can only access as much hardware as a Wii needs. The Wii U side of the console hasn't been cracked open yet outside of a couple exploits, no emulators exist for it as far as I know.
>>
>>3944498
Is it not possible to use other controllers(GameCube controllers for instance) on the Wii u? Using external controllers is very important for me.
>>
>>3944513

It's possible, I was just referring to the Wii having the controller ports natively. You'd have to buy some kind of adapter to use GC controllers, you could at least use the Classic controller or PS3/PS4 Bluetooth controllers if you have any spare. Basically it's a bit more of a headache for retro games than the Wii.
>>
>>3944525
I see. Just found some Wii's for sale as well. They are dirt cheap compared to the Wii U. Will most likely go for that.
>>
>>3944528
Wiis should be about $20. If you're going to spend $200 on an emulation machine get a PC.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.