/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet Another FFT Rebalance Mod: YARM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I'd love to make an FFT re-balance patch since I'm not totally satisfied with the ones we got. Far as I can tell, giving FFT the 5 races of FFTA is impossible, but separating male and female jobs is by making the "bard" and "dancer" classes requirements for everything else. FFT sprites can largely be re-purposed for the patch. Jobs where the male/female look very different, can be used to create two new jobs. ie Male Ninja = Ninja, Female Ninja = Sniper. Just moving sprites around instead of making new ones. Just at the brainstorming phase and haven't tested anything out.

Basics:

>PSP version as basis
>slowdown removal patch
>Jobs based on FFTA versions
>some ideas from other balance patches
>aiming for balance (some battles harder, some easier)
>has to work on real hardware
>reduce the knight/archer/ dominance in story battles
>KISS
>thematically keep true to the series without going fan fic-y.
>very provisional and subject to change

Some problems:

>some nice units don't have good sprites to use (Templar, Gladiator, Arcanist, Seer, Red Mage)
>have to cut jobs I like due to space (Beast master, Master Monk, Trickster, Seer)
>Not sure what to do with Onion Knights and Dark Knights

What should be done with special units?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12817810

Which job classes would you most like to see?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12817944

Which jobs do you not want to see?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12818382
>>
Jokes on you I already finished the design phase and found all the answers, I'm just too lazy to go and do the work and finish it.

Or maybe not. I can probably motivate myself this summer.
>>
>>3944241

make sure it's better than the "hard for the sake of hard" rebalances.
>>
>>3944241
- make better maps
- increase the number of characters deployed per map
- completely revamp the game mechanics so positioning matters more, it becomes more about using units in combination than about running around OHKOing things

I like TRPGs but FFT is far from my favourite (and FFTA is much worse).
>>
>>3944241
Make all classes accessible from the beginning.
>>
>>3944505
which ones do you like
>>
>>3944505
>- make better maps
>- increase the number of characters deployed per map

Not possible without remaking the game. The game engine has limitations. It's actually barely running as is.

>- completely revamp the game mechanics so positioning matters more,

I wonder if making it so that all attacks are line of sight only, meaning you can't just hide behind shit and cast spells. I wonder if that would allow you to use cover?
>>
>>3944241
>YARM
more like YAWM awww
>>
>>3945567
fuck i meant YAWN
>>
>>3945570

Yawn?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.