[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingpin Life of Crime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Kingpin_-_Box_Front.jpg (46KB, 420x532px) Image search: [Google]
Kingpin_-_Box_Front.jpg
46KB, 420x532px
Anyone play? What's your experience with it?
>>
Someone might enjoy it i grabbed the gog version and found it pretty basic and full of lots of useless wandering through pretty empty/spacious levels.

Didn't get very far uninstalled it, but that was my first impression. I would like to hear from someone that likes the game.
>>
CHECKMATE, FOOL
>>
Weapons and enemies were bland, but I liked the atmosphere, the setting and the level architecture. The last one in particular was really nice and hit a cool middle ground between abstract and depictive.

Read some interviews and it becomes quite clear they planned on so much more than we got when it was rushed out in the end.
>>
Oh and the AI pathfinding was occasionally brilliant.
>>
Fuck trying to get this game's retail version working on anything not ME or backwards. It would absolutely not run on XP and any other modern Windows I tried. When it does work though, it's a great game. When it released it really confused me how open the first level was (at least compared to what I'd played at the time).
>>
i really love the setting of kingpin. a modern city overrun by criminals to the point where police won't even go near it. i'd love to see a more fleshed out take on that idea in a game.

the parts where you're sneaking around, exploring the city, and doing jobs for people are the best, but it's no deus ex. it's compelling at first but eventually you're doing nothing but fighting through corridors of enemies with shitty weapons that have no weight to them.

it pales in comparison to the greats of its time but it's better than quake 2 imo.
>>
>>3944324
>modern city
More like 1930's great depression dieselpunk
>>
>>3943841
FUCKER
>>
what's all the commotion?
>>
File: quake009.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake009.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>3944324
it came out years after quake 2 and has none of the upsides quake 2 had with modding community and multiplayer
good atmosphere though
>>
>>3946098
>>
>>3944502
Hey you got a dollar?
>>
>>3946147
I aint got a dollar
>>
>>3946098
obviously quake 2 had better multiplayer and modding you dip
>>
>>3946381
then it really isn't better than quake 2 is it
>>
I will fucking END you.
>>
>>3946647
DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>3946098
God why are Quakebabbys always so touchy when someone dares claim they prefer a game over their's? Uh hello! It's called an opinion bro! Look it up.
>>
>>3949574
>Quakebabbys
not him but there's no such thing. there's only one type of fps babby on this board desu. you know where to find them.
>>
>>3949574
no such thing as a quakebabby and opinions go both ways you're allowed to have discussions instead of circlejerking
>>
File: Spoony no.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spoony no.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>3944158
I played it back in the day when it was released by sold out or some other budget pc label for a fiver.
I was really disappointed, the interactions with characters where really dumb and shouldn't have been there, and the gunplay was awful, plus the level layout was bland and completing objectives didn't feel like you had actually done anything.
hated it.
>>
>>3949574
>quakebabby's
I believe your thinking of doombaby's.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.