[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for an issue of an old magazine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: jnVVRJJ.jpg (117KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jnVVRJJ.jpg
117KB, 720x960px
Any idea where I can find this. I know it is from around when pokemon gold/silver came out.
>>
>>3943558
I tried and came up with nothing other than the reddit post you got that image from. I'm fairly certain this was a magazine that was only a one shot or didn't last longer than a year because I can find no mention of it on the web. Keep in mind that early 2000's was a nebulous time for gaming magazines, new ones were popping up every fucking month. This very well could have been the only issue of Pocket Gamer.

Have you tried contacting aeropotato and seeing if he has that magazine in his possession?
>>
>>3943583
I found one or two few covers of other issues on a retro magazine site, but what little I could find that you are right about it being short lived. It looks like aeropotato is still active so I could give that a shot. A bit strange, but I'm already going this far on a whim, so why not.
>>
>>3943591
If you get scans or a copy of that issue and there's more pics of that woman on that cover I urge you to post them on this board.

Also, what retro magazine site? I literally couldn't find anything, granted I only searched for like 20 minutes.
>>
>>3943595
https://www.retromags.com/magazines/usa/pocket-games/ looks like I was wrong. It just has a similar name.
>>
>>3943597
If you want to keep searching then I'd suggest looking into "hard core gaming guides" because they wrote the magazine it seems. From them I've found two pokemon guides called "100% unofficial pokemon trainers guide" and a guide for tekken 3.

https://www.amazon.com/percent-Unofficial-Pokemon-Trainers-Gaming/dp/B001F7C5GY?tag=pops02-20

http://video-games.goshoppins.com/video-game-strategy-guides-cheats/100-unofficial-pokemon-trainers-guide-hard-core-gaming-guides/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tekken-3-Sony-PlayStation-1-1998-and-Hard-Core-Gaming-Guides-Strategy-Guide-/122452241040?hash=item1c82b8ea90:g:oUMAAOSww3tY4lvw
>>
>>3943558
I might actually have this. I'll check in about an hour
>>
>>3943597
Oh and Imagine Media is a good lead as well. They published other magazines by the look of it.
>>
I should probably post less and put more into each post but whatever, probably my last post.

The company that published that magazine at the time, Imagine Media, is now known as Future US. They're the genuises behind techradar, pc gamer, and a few other shit websites.
>>
>>3943623
I had no luck. Then again, I somehow missed those ebay links, and did not realize they owned techradar, etc.
>>
IIRC there's a cover with a really badly drawn Solid Snake on it, assuming this is a US magazine. I saw a few issues but never picked it up. Magazine publishers would often do one off issues or a limited run to test the market.
>>
>>3943558
search for the top left corner maybe

hardcore gaming guides presents
>>
The text next to the bar code reads
>Please display until August 9th, 2000
So that gives us a pretty specific time frame.

>>3943657
>assuming this is a US magazine
The bar code shows prices for US and Canada and there's no French in sight, so chances are it is a US magazine.
>>
>>3943679
Definitely Sold in the US, I had a copy as a kid that is long gone.

Someone else said that imagine media is now future US, which is US based. So this being US based seems correct.
>>
I wonder if contacting Future US to find if they have archives would yield any results.
>>
>>3943683

It was a good idea, so I tried it. The magazine is old enough that their online subscription would not have it or something.
>>
>>3943558
I remember seeing this on the stand, but I don't know where you'd find it now.
>>
>>3943839
Figured I'd give it a shot, can't lose anything but more time than I planned.
>>
bump because why not.
>>
There was a great rabbit stew recipe in this mag.

Also, it convinced me to buy a Neogeo Pocket Color.
>>
>>3943558
I literally never saw a girl playing a GB or GBC in my entire childhood.
>>
>>3946928
Allow me to interject. What you're referring to as "mag" is actually mag + zine or as I like to call it "Magazine"
>>
>>3946928
They shit all over the poor thing one issue after.
Fuck these cunts.
>>
>>3946941
I also like to call Playstation a PSX
>>
Wasn't this the guide that claimed that Umbreon's japanese name was YanYan?

I had this and carried it with me everywhere when it came out.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.