[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got myself one of these cheapo scart to HDMI converters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1600[1].jpg (76KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
76KB, 800x800px
Just got myself one of these cheapo scart to HDMI converters since I've been hearing really good things about them considering the price. Sadly I'm having a problem with mine. It's displaying the image in the wrong position, cutting a big chunk from the left and adding in black to the right side.

Anyone have any idea if this can be fixed somehow?
>>
File: IMG_20170424_145125.jpg (524KB, 1239x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_145125.jpg
524KB, 1239x815px
Here's an example, stretched to 16:9 to make it easier to see.

Tested with other consoles too to make sure it's not my SFC acting up somehow.
>>
are using a rgb-cable or is it composhit?

otherwise, no idea.
>>
>>3943574
Using one of these from retrogamingcables.
>>
>>3943563
your lcd doesn't have a 4:3 setting?
>>
>>3943585
It does, I just stretched it to illustrate the point better. The image disappears off the screen on the left and on the right there's empty space.
>>
tried with the normal snes-cable?
maybe that converter-box doesn't like proper rgb.
>>
>>3943590
Yeah. Also tried with my PS1 with composite.
>>
rgb-shifter
see http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?250841-RGB-Shifter

those things are cheap for a reason.
>>
On this topic, are there any upscalers/converters that aren't crazy expensive?

I've understood that the Lenking LKV360, 361 and 362 should be decent (based on this: http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/) but they're not available anywhere anymore.
>>
>>3943563
That looks rubbish.
>>
>>3943554
Write on a piece of paper:
I will not believe everything I read on the Internet

Read it every morning when you wake up and at night before you go to bed. After a few weeks your problem will be fixed.
>>
>playing anything before gen 6 on anything but a crt

What
is wrong
with america
today
>>
>>3943554
>>3943563
I think your TV would probably do a better job of upscaling than one of those boxes to be quite honest. If your TV doesn't have a SCART input, and if you're American it most likely won't, get an RGB SCART to component converter box and let your TV do the upscaling.

Of course there's always the Framemeister, which I wholeheartedly recommend.
>>
>>3946273
Ugh theyre so ugly and heavy
And i can get a bigger screen with hd
>>
File: bait ascii.png (9KB, 1351x643px)
bait ascii.png
9KB, 1351x643px
>>3946416
>>
>>3946273
Because not everyone has space for a large HDTV, computer monitors and a CRT on top of that. If I could find a PVM for cheap I'd get one in a heartbeat.

>>3946401
The problem is that my TV is PAL and it can't handle the NTSC signal of the SFC properly. Also, a Framemeister is way out of my budget, otherwise I'd already have one.
>>
>>3947064
>buying your tv in the brazilian version of kmart
>>
>>3947064
>no space for a CRT!
This is the dumbest fucking thing that normies say. Not even 15 years ago literally everyone still had CRTs. Did houses shrink all of a sudden at some point?
>>
>>3947175
>houses
Babies can't afford these. They either live in the same room they have since they were born or a flat the size of a portapotty
>>
>>3947175

They're just limp twisted faggots that can't even lift a 19" CRT that would be better than any LCD and upscaler combo.
>>
>>3943554
You get what you pay for with upscalers. Should've ponied up for an OSSC or Framemeister.

>>3946273
I hated CRTs even when they were the only realistic option. The whine annoyed the shit out of me even back in the '90s, not to mention the flicker-induced eyestrain. Once LCD technology got good enough I jumped ship and never looked back. For old consoles this sometimes means having to put in a bit of extra work to make them look good, but the end result is more than worth it. Even input lag is no longer an issue as long as you do your research, so there's really no reason to have to put up with a CRT anymore unless you're poor.
>>
>>3947450
you can't pretend to be rich on /vr/ without buying everyone expensive upscalers in this thread to prove your point.
>>
>>3943554
crt's have become a meme at this point. they really aren't necessary anymore, thankfully
>>
>>3947465
I'm not rich at all. I'm just not literally below the poverty line. A $300 one-time expense isn't that big a deal if you actually care about these old systems. Or you can do some reading and choose a TV that doesn't require an upscaler for good results.
>>
>>3947472
No
>>
>>3943554
>Anyone have any idea if this can be fixed somehow?

Cannot be.
>>
>>3947481
Yep.
>>
>>3947472
They are if you have any self respect. Or if you want to play fast paced 240p video games.
>>
>>3947974
>They are if you have any self respect.
lol
>Or if you want to play fast paced 240p video games.
You can get IPS displays with half a frame of lag nowadays. TN displays can get down to 3-4ms. Combine that with an OSSC and you're not going to notice the difference no matter how superhuman you think you are.
>>
>>3947974
>if you have any self respect, you'll obsess over playing things "correctly" on ancient hardware
>ancient hardware that people from the actual era ran away from as quickly as possible because it was fucking awful
>>
>>3947175
Reading comprehension much? Anon clearly said "a large HDTV, computer monitors and a CRT on top of that" and not "just a CRT".
>>
>>3947472
>people believe this
>>
>>3943719
I'm interested in this too, anyone have one of these cheaper things that actually work? Paying hundreds of dollars for a Framemeister is simply ridiculous if you're not hardcore about this. My entire collection isn't worth that much probably.
>>
>>3949089
"Works" is a much lower bar than "doesn't look terrible and cause tons of lag". Maybe the people working on custom firmware for the GBS-8200 boards will be able to come up with something worth using, but until then the OSSC and Framemeister are really the only upscalers you should be considering.

Funny thing is, when the Framemeister came out, it WAS the cheap alternative to expensive upscalers that usually cost at least twice as much. The VP50 Pro was what, $2500 new?
>>
>>3949312
>but until then the OSSC and Framemeister are really the only upscalers you should be considering.

>OSSC
>scaler
pick one
>>
>>3950208
Well, it's still a scaler. It's taking a 240p input signal and spitting out a signal with double/triple/quadruple the resolution. It's just a simpler, more limited sort of scaler than something like a Framemeister.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.