[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got these for dirt cheap at the flea market today, Goldeneye,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20170423_231341.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_231341.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Got these for dirt cheap at the flea market today, Goldeneye, Fzero X, Star Fox and a game without label which i hope will be Banagi-O or Paper Mario.

Anyways, Goldeneeye and Fzero are working fine now after i cleaned them with alcohol and brasso.

However, Star Fox and the mystery game refuse to work, ive cleaned them autistically and yet no luck, do you guys see anything that i dont?

Also, does the game boot without the shielding inside the cart?
>>
File: 20170423_231323.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_231323.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
All four casrts had corrosion oj the inside and the pins, they look clean to me so im starting to believe its actually something else.
>>
Some of the traces coming off the pins are corroded away. you need to solder little wires where into the breaks are.
>>
>>3943106
so i need a tester to check for continuity then...

Could you point to me just one of the traces you see as corroded? ive never seen carts like this so im not sure what to look for.
>>
>>3943110

Safest bet would be to check every trace with a multimeter for continuity. Sometimes, just because it looks connected doesn't mean it's making contact
>>
>>3943084
What would be good is to get a few trash games with the same board and transfer the chips off these onto donor boards
>>
>>3943114
than ks anon, ill borrow a tester today, do you happen to know where to find a diagram with all the traces and their corresponding contatcs so i dont test every solder point and every chip like a retard? tried a simple Google search and no luck.

>>3943213
I have a few crappy games but, how would i know if they are compatible? is there like a database of N64 games with all the data sheeet so i can find a compatible game? ive done that for Snes.
>>
>>3944520
Best thing I could fine with a minute of googling.
http://n64.icequake.net/mirror/tcsr2001.tripod.com/
>>
>>3943084
>which i hope will be chocolate bunnies
Hope away. If you weren't taking your pictures with your grandmas feature phone someone could probably tell you what game it is from the ROM.
>>
Use more Brasso and q-tips. I had a Conker's that took three attempts to make work. Those go for crazy money now.
>>
>>3947632
brasso should be a last resort, that shit eats away at everything.
>>
>>3948112
Yeah, rubbing alcohol and elbow grease should take care of anything that wasn't stored in a shed.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>3948258
Scrubbing a board with a nail brush like this wouldn't be too bad, would it?
>>
>>3948261
Most tail brushes I've seen have quite large bristles and probably wouldn't soak up your cleaning fluid of choice like a swab or q-tip would. I can't imagine they'd be as effective at scrubbing the contacts as a swab unless you're trying to scrub actual mud and dirt off of them.
>>
>>3948263
>tail brushes
*nail brushes
>>
>>3943084
why not buy the game
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.