[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Duke3D favourite levels and stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

File: golden-carnage-sub.jpg (570KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
golden-carnage-sub.jpg
570KB, 1920x1080px
I've played through the 5th episode and fell in love with the Golden Gate map. That look epic and retro at the same time. It surpassed Derelict (the oil tanker level from E4) as my favourite level of the game. The Egypt one was also cool, loved it for the puzzles and the nonlinear gameplay. What are your favourite levels for the game?

Mine are 1. Golden Gate level, 2. Derelict, 3. Dark Side of the Moon, 4. LA Rumble, 5. Egypt level, 6. The Abyss, 7. The Indiana Jones level from Duke Caribbean, 8. Las Vegas from the DNF Build remake.
>>
The fifth episode as a whole was pretty well done. It looks like something actually from 1998 (if there's a way to express that in the best possible way). Also the Fifth Element etc parodies were fitting.
>>
>>3942306
First level is iconic, rdl in L2 is iconic, abyss is awesome, and I really love flood zone, probably flood zone overall.
>>
Is there an easy way to play episode 5 with Eduke yet?
>>
>>3942306

>opengl renderer

100% disgusting, play software renderer like god intended.
>>
There are some really excellent maps from the Duke community. My favorites:
>RCPD
Multi-level, interconnect police station with lots of alternate routes and a rooftop boss battle.
>WGcity
Massive, detailed city map with lots of sub-areas to explore.
>Desert Complex
Mostly indoor tech facility with good layout, subgoals, and progression.
>>
Unsure about that, does Polymer support the lighting effects the same way? Or normal maps?
>>
Duke3D does not have 5 episodes...
>>
User levels suck for Duke and all Build games. They can look good, but usually don't have any new ideas just weak reimagining of existing levels, random progression, random enemy placement. If they use extra art or new ideas, they look like a shitty fangame with no respect to the originals. Doom had good userlevels though, it's an easier engine.
>>
>>3942495
>I've never played Death Wish
>>
>>3942495
Nothing wrong with reimaginings of existing levels since I think Duke 3D has some of the best levels in FPS games. Flood Zone is just excellent and gives a true sense of depth.
>>
I loved the hell level from duke nukem dukezone 500 levels.

top quality level
>>
>>3942495
You're clearly talking out of your ass. Stay in your doom general.
>>
File: duke it out in dc.jpg (92KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
duke it out in dc.jpg
92KB, 640x742px
I loved the Duke It Out In D.C. expansion pack when I was a kid. I liked it because the levels were set in real life locations, the contrast between aliens and real life was really comfy. I've always enjoyed games like this, the office complex part in Half-Life was also my favorite part of the game because of the real life environments.

Of course playing this as grown up I realize how cheap and frustrating these D.C. levels are. They're still alright, but they have lots of that "what the fuck were they thinking?!" -moments, like that huge ass Smithsonian level. I never could figure out what to do in that level when I was a kid. Took me good 2-3 hours to beat because it was so huge and non-linear. Even in co-op I didn't see my co-op mates for good 10-20 minutes when they went wandering down the hallways.
>>
Derelict, Dark Side and generally all Blum maps are my favourite. Golden Carnage from the new addon was also cool. Too bad it had some lacklustre city levels, and a terrible final level.
>>
>>3942506

Deathwish was wasted potential.

Asshole never finished the final revision either.
>>
>>3943239
Lol. You're wasted potential you hopeless faggot.
>>
>>3943432
Why'd you say that
>>
>>3943438
#truthnukes
>>
DNF2013 worth a mention. I really think that matched the original levels in terms of story, atmosphere and design.

The mine level should have used some new tricks, and the sounds ripped from the trailer weren't done very well, but the rest of the thing was stellar.
>>
>>3943438

Because he's a shithead, and someone has disagreed with him.

Shitheads don't handle that well.
>>
>>3943613
DNF2013 is great, but in terms of pure level design, it comes off as very linear and streamlined. Its level design mentality is closer to the actual DNF as to DN3D.
>>
>>3943513

Not retro.
>>
I don't know, the original Duke had some streamlined levels too. Red Ligh District, Toxic Dump, The Abyss, Critical Mass are just some of them. The new 5th episode is also a linear adventure for most parts.
>>
>Golden Gate level
>Episode 5
w...wut? (I guess I'm late)
>>
Duke Nukem 3d 20th Anniversary World Tour by Gearbox and Nerve had an official 5th episode created by the original developers Allen H Blum III and Richard Levelord Gray, also music from original composer Lee Jackson.

Golden Gate and Giza Pyramids are featured in very good looking levels, the rest are above average city levels. Amsterdam and marijuana ride in a coffee shop included.
>>
>>3944304
No music from Prince? FUck that!
>>
>>3942440

I remember this super detailed Lunar base map I think was done by William Gee.

Also this Mars base map with a long linear train section with a stunning view of the Martian landscape, though it was just regular rock textures with the red palette. Custom textures would have been nice.

Then there was this map that was entirely underwater in a massive ocean you could fully explore, with 3-4 underwater bases you could go inside of to do various missions. It slowed my modern PC down noticeably but was great fun, and an original concept for a map.

I think the all time classic has to be Pascal Rouad's 'Roch' series though. The one where there's a crashed alien mothership outside with a rotating guard tower thing always stuck with me for some reason.
>>
Am I the only one who has trouble finding the end of levels? This is the challenge with Duke Nukem 3D, figuring out where you're supposed to go. I've been playing through Life's A Beach or whatever it's called and I always have to resort to watching a youtube video in order to find my way out.
>>
>>3943626
He's right though. Anyone that doesn't like Death Wish is obviously an objective faggot. There's simply no other way around it.
>>
>>3944385
>Also this Mars base map with a long linear train section with a stunning view of the Martian landscape, though it was just regular rock textures with the red palette. Custom textures would have been nice.

Fuck I've lost the name of that one

>Then there was this map that was entirely underwater in a massive ocean you could fully explore, with 3-4 underwater bases you could go inside of to do various missions. It slowed my modern PC down noticeably but was great fun, and an original concept for a map.

That'd be http://msdn.duke4.net/hotbobsp4.php
>>
>>3944463
*and as for the 'final revision' not being completed, who cares? All he was gonna do was casulise it a bit and add a couple of bonus levels here and there. The bonus levels would be nice, but the addon already has 30+ highly detailed, fully fleshed out large maps. There's literally nothing to cry about unless you're a big babby looking for faults in the game because it kicked your ass.
>>
>>3944473

Are there any good Mars texture sets for Duke? I kinda want to make a good looking Mars map now.
>>
>>3944473
>>3944385
Got it, the Mars map is this one:
http://msdn.duke4.net/hotmarsbase.php

It got a sequel
http://msdn.duke4.net/hotdelta.php

>>3944481
>Are there any good Mars texture sets for Duke?
Not that I know, Dukers tend to make do with the original textures since the engine and the textures themselves are so versatile

>>3942430
It's "playable" but not fully compatible. The new weapon, enemy and boss won't work, a couple of things will be off, but otherwise it's playable.
>>
>>3945691
>It's "playable" but not fully compatible. The new weapon, enemy and boss won't work, a couple of things will be off, but otherwise it's playable.

How?
>>
>>3944338

Lee Jackson was just as good, asshole.

>>3944304

Are they compatible with anything but fucking EDuke?
>>
>>3945992
Because noone cares enough to make it compatible. Apparently the coding is a wreck in World Tour.
>>
>>3944463

>samefagging this hard

>>3944476

Anon, you may think saving every 30 seconds or so is somehow fun and engaging. You may think the purpose of playing is to "prove your real worth as a gamer" rather than simply to have a good time. You may even think Deathwish is a great add-on and just fine the way it is.

These are called "having shit opinions", and (as you may have guessed) they are wrong.
>>
>>3946035
Why bother when there's plenty of good mods already out? I remember the AMC TC guys doing really impressive stuff with the engine so I'm sure it could be done if they cared enough.

>>3946047
stop posting
>>
File: 1419092356419-3.gif (107KB, 227x199px) Image search: [Google]
1419092356419-3.gif
107KB, 227x199px
>>3946051

No.
>>
>>3946051
>I remember the AMC TC guys doing really impressive stuff with the engine so I'm sure it could be done if they cared enough.

Creating a mod for EDuke32 is one thing, but creating a sourceport that faithfully supports whatever butchering World Tour did is on a whole other level.

Besides, ever since World Tour's last update, all the major issues and complains about been fixed. Now there is true widescreen support, you can turn off autoaim, and IIRC even the shit sound quality was fixed.

So as it is now, the new episode plays absolutely fine in World Tour.

So the result is if you don't want to pay an add-on price for a brand new add-on for a 20 years old game made by some of the legends who made the original game, then you're stuck with a pirate version which doesn't support the new weapons and enemies.
>>
>>3946047
>Anon, you may think saving every 30 seconds or so is somehow fun and engaging
confirmed cant play the game. gg let me help you home >>3945765.
>>
>>3946051

The 5th episode is done by original developers, and it's faithful to the original game just made it better. The user made total conversions can be fun and all, but they don't have the same spirit and more often than not the same quality.

Just look at the Egypt and the Golden Gate maps. Even if you didn't know they were done by the original team and play them randomly, it would be obvious immediately after a minute or two gameplay who designed them.

Unfortunately some maps don't have this spirit, like London, that level looks like a random user level (albeit good quality).
>>
>>3946338
Actually every level in the new episode, except from Mirrage Barrage and Golden Gate, feel like usermaps.
>>
This is one of the best user maps I've ever played:

http://dnr.duke4.net/maps/Bizarre.html
>>
>>3946354
I like Amsterdam for example.
>>
So how much harder is it to map in Build as opposed to Doom?
>>
When is this coming back to GOG?
>>
>>3946642
Build let you edit stuff ingame and was more powerful. It might be too complicated for doombabies now with all the modern mapping tools but back in the day it was pretty good. Same goes for Worldcraft.
>>
>>3946035
I mean how do you play them on Eduke, Frenchman.
>>
>>3946354
What about The Birth? That had some weird leveldesign as well that not even close to the first 3 episodes.
>>
>>3947428
1) Buy World Tour
2) Download the latest version of EDuke32 and drop it in the World Tour folder
3) Download the latest version of this compatibility stopgap and drop it into that same folder https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8966-wip-world-tour-eduke32-compatibility-stopgap/

Here are some videos of me playing it in EDuke32 when this was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyDxlsITJQ

You can see the non working new enemies in this one
>>
>>3942448
There's a new version of 3D out since October last year called 20th Anniversary: World Tour. It includes a complete remaster of the game in two engines (one is the old Build one, while the other one is a more modern version of it) as well as a fifth new episode called Alien World Order, made by Allen Blum and Levelord, the original level designers of the original Duke 3D. Jon. St. John is back for more ass kicking quotes as well!
>>
My favourite levels of each episode:

LA Meltdown: Hollywood Holocaust
Lunar Apocalypse: Fusion Station
Shrapnel City: Freeway
The Birth: Derelict
Alien World Order: Mirage Barrage
>>
File: 1321819552645.jpg (63KB, 218x237px) Image search: [Google]
1321819552645.jpg
63KB, 218x237px
>>3948079
>Buy World Tour
>>
>>3952937
Why not? It's a good deal, especially if you buy at a sale.
>>
Any Linux port of World Tour?
>>
>>3952937
>20 years old game get an official new add-on made by some of the original devs of the game
>laugh off people who support the idea

Funny how piratefags will come up with any excuse as far as retro games are concerned, "paying for ROMs" , etc, but in this case there is no excuse, this is exactly the kind of iniatives we should be praising and buying tenfolds, and I'm not a fan of Gearbox.
Maybe you're too busy complaining about the bad re-releases to have time to care about the good ones?
>>
>>3953475
Never liked Gearbox, never have and never will. I don't want to give them money in any circumstances.
>>
File: playFuckingDuke.jpg (843KB, 1543x2581px) Image search: [Google]
playFuckingDuke.jpg
843KB, 1543x2581px
>>3942306
>and stuff
>>
>>3953475
Agreed.
>>
Duke Nukem fans are like battered wives, I swear. Do you not remember what happened with Gearbox getting the rights to Duke Nukem? Do you not remember how everything Duke related since has been pure shit? How Gearbox will jam him into anything just to weasel some money out of the fanbase?

The only reason the fifth episode exists is so Gearbox could try to get some money after releasing Battleborn. They won't do anything else with it or an actual Duke Nukem game again.

I refuse to add to anything that may help that company survive.
>>
File: k47dzdr20tiy[1].png (342KB, 645x446px)
k47dzdr20tiy[1].png
342KB, 645x446px
>>3953743
Pic related.
>>
>>3953743
Stupid opinion. The fifth episode exists because the original devs had a nostalgia kick, and reunited, like a band after a hiatus. Those who bash them are not fans, but worthless bitches.
>>
>>3953973
>The fifth episode exists because the original devs had a nostalgia kick, and reunited, like a band after a hiatus.

Then why didn't they release it for free like John Romero did for his levels?
>>
>>3953743
>Do you not remember how everything Duke related since has been pure shit?

Everything except a brand new classic episode by the original devs for the 20th anniversary.

>>3953981
We're talking an entire episode with new levels, new enemies, a new weapon, new Duke quotes, new musics, new textures...

John Romero's stuff is just 2 new maps released one after the other. It does not compare.
>>
>>3953981
Because bitchford, >>3953973 is right tho, if anything the only dude that should be bashed to hell and back for this is randy pitchford and gearbox.

>cancelled the HTTK collection, denying the world of a proper android/mobile duke3d port
>took out the gog release, the megaton pc edition and erased the 3drealms anthology just so he can sell his really shitty ports.
>by cancelling the HTTK collection, he almost eliminated terminx income, dude had a wife with an illness, he was forced to work for randy, for a lesser payment.
>he ruined his announcement event with the bigot song
>All the dated references and bazinga? His idea!
>>
>>3953475
Gearbox are lying scum.

They also removed Megaton Edition from steam which was a much better deal.
>>
>>3946134

>a worthless shit-eating phoneposter telling me to go anywhere

I don't know where you get your delusions, but I need you to take 'em, and cram 'em up your asshole real nice and tight.
>>
>>3946642
Its harder, but only because the tools are more antiquated and the community is not as active. All tutorials that are worth your time are in text, but you get used to it and its fun.
>>
Lots of BS here. Randy might be an asshole, but the creators of Duke Nukem 3D (the same people who created the 5th episode) are great guys, deserve all the credits and bucks they got. Egypt and San Francisco alone worth my $20 even if everything else is shit.
>>
>>3953993
>>3954000
I 'know' all this, except

1) this is /vr/, not /pol/, I'm talking about the game itself, the product itself, and you can't deny that a brand new add-on 20 years later by some of the original devs is, or should be, every /vr/ poster dream come true.

2) You talk like you know all the story as fact, but it's just the impression you got from whatever piece of information given to you. You didn't get the other of the story, nor the end of it.
The fact is he didn't "cancel HTTK" because in reality, TerminX never really had the rights for it, as he was given the rights by Scott Miller as payment for some work, except Scott Miller gave what wasn't his. It's Miller which screwed up on this, not Pitchford.
TerminX himself said Pitchford was kind to him and offered him jobs when he didn't have to.
>>
>>3953973
Yup.
>>
>>3954005
Cringiest post I've read in a long time
>>
>>3954141
It's a late '90s born doom babby fresh from reddit.
>>
So is that new Episode 5 of Duke actually gud?
>>
>>3954170
Two great maps, the rest is "only" good
>>
>>3954119
>you can't deny that a brand new add-on 20 years later by some of the original devs is, or should be, every /vr/ poster dream come true.
>every /vr/ poster
Nah m8, kids here are mostly memers here for that 'gamer cred'. They've caught onto this fad and feel special for it. They don't have any real jubilation for these classic games; indeed, they'd rather be playing Halo, the real game they hold nostalgia for, although they'd never admit this out loud. /vr/ FPS community is largely AIDS. Literally a community of clueless shitters that has no idea what it's talking about. The piratefags itt are the average entitled bottomfeeders you'd find on /v/.
>>
The other maps are very good too. Prima Arena for example is really enjoyable if you glue the broken parts of the level via Mapster32. Amsterdam has a very nice theme, classic Duke style, and Paris map has some great visuals as well. The only stinker was the boss map.
>>
File: arnold duke.jpg (69KB, 337x425px)
arnold duke.jpg
69KB, 337x425px
>>3953743
This. I already fell for the Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines memes, and I'm never ever going to support GearBox and Randy Pitchfork again.

Thank god I managed to get the classic Douk games and Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition to my collection before they got removed from steam store. I even have the regular DN3D in my steam and gog collections. The shittiest part is that new players have no legal way to obtain the classic regular version of DN3D without supporting Randy and his goons and getting the butchered nu-Duke. They can always pirate the original gog version and the megaton edition, and that's just sad.

One of the greatest things about modern digital copies is that you can buy the old classics and still support the devs years after the physical release has been out of print, and you can't even do that anymore without giving money to Randy and gearbox.
>>
>>3955080
This useless Randy hate is just ridiculous and pathetic.
>>
>>3955080
I bought Atomic Edition off of Amazon after it was removed from digital distributors and before World Tour came out. There's still alternatives.
>>
I thought people are buying games for their values not because of personal feeling. Gearbox owns the IP, they have all the rights to release their own version of 3D. Besides, they actually cared for it, created a new episode and a polymer type renderer. Megaton didn't have any of it.
>>
>>3954160
>>3954141

>Assumptions from assholes.

Deathwish will never be the Blood II you want it to be.
>>
>>3955231

Honestly, I don't blame them. Having to chose between loving the LL and benefiting Bitchford in any way is just agony.

I can't say there is a right and a wrong choice there, because no matter what something bad happens.
>>
>>3954119
Wow.

You really are a fag.
>>
>>3955465
Your post being cringe has nothing to do with assumptions dumbass.
>>
>>3955457
wow. just wow...

theres people on the Internet actually trying to defend that scumbag.

dude, gearbox dont care about douk.

>the episode 5 was a rushed job, while a decent job, it certainly felt that the team wasnt really up to the task, its impossible to think that they would do a job the same quality as in 1996. Hell, jon st john didnt really want to do this!
>the advance renderer is an unoptimized hackjob, theres reports of massive performance dumps when using it, and theres really no point on the renderer quickswitch ability.
>world tour was designed ON PURPOSE, to not have mod support, NOT EVEN THE PC VERSION!, let that sink in for a moment.
>the megaton edition, while not based on eduke32 either, had still mod support, was online ready, and steam workshop ready, allowing to share custom content with ease and actually allows for multiplayer, also the megaton edition came with the 3 official expansions, something that will probably cost the same price as the game, and thats IF he decides to sell them:
-'why we didnt put the expansions in world tour? Well, they werent 20 years old yet!'
>bitchford wanted to maximize profits, so he eliminated every 'competition', the 3dr anthology? The gog release? The megaton edition? All dead so he could shill this shit!

Look, randy is scum, he doesnt deserve any sort of defense or praise, and anyone who actually tries to defend that bastard, should be treated as a retard, period.
>>
>>3955762

>he can't tell the difference between assumptions and facts

Oh boy.
>>
>>3956038
Lots of bitter hatred in those lines.

Episode 5 doesn't look like a rushed job. Some levels (particularly the Golden Gate level) actually felt like they were made in 1997 right after The Birth. They look a bit different, because they are more detailed, since there are no performance issues now. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

I had no problems with the renderer, and it looked good, despite my computer which is not a monster. The gameplay videos on YT also looked good. If you want to criticise something, why not point out that they haven't replaced the sprites, despite they are there in the library since 1997.

I hated Megaton with passion, because it was a pointless release. Sourceports like EDuke32 allow the players to play mods and user maps from the internet, that Steam Workshop bullshit was an outrage. Of course, this hackjob carried onto World Tour.

The expansions weren't there, because Gearbox don't own their rights ATM. And even if they own them, they must have added light resources, dev. commentary and new Duke talk to them, but that couldn't be done without the authors' permission.

I don't care about Jon St. John. He is just as big douche, as Randy. The rest won't matter. You buy the game for their content and their values, not for the owner. This whole rant of you shows how classless most Duke "fans" are.
>>
>>3956038
World Tour is a better port than Megaton, and that's without even mentionning the new episode.

Megaton was good for what it was, that it to say for clueless people who just didn't care for quality or authenticity and just wanted to be able to "click & play". However:
- it was a glitchfest. Not only existing glitches were MUCH more likely to happen or to be pulled off (wow, I sure love being teleported to the room below because I dared crouch when jumping to the next sector) but it also introduced new glitches. There is a reason why speedrunners used, and still use, Megaton over the original version and that is the reason. They exploit that glitches, and things they do which have a 80% pass would have a 10% pass on the original. On top of that after those speedrunners participated to famous events it ruined the game's reputation, everyone claiming "DN3D is glitchy as fuck" when no, Megaton is.
- the online had incredible latency. Like 1 second delay when playing with people from your own country. In comparison I had to delay whatsoever using other means to play DN3D online
- no true widescreen support. The "widescreen" is a zoom-in. World Tour has true widescreen.
- no classic renderer, only their opengl renderer which is still very inferior to EDuke32's or World Tour's despite having been updated, shading and visibility in particular are fucked. It's not even really Build. World Tour has the original renderer.
- as for the add-ons, they kind of fucked them. Originally their multiplayer support was limited, so they hired someone to improve it, but he did a lot of things which were wrong and which even impacted single player in a negative way. The NDA I signed is no longer valid and Megaton is buried, so now I can say this: YEARS ago I was hired to make a better version, map fixes which fix multiplayer but don't break singleplayer, but AFAIK they never used them despite paying me to do it.
>>
>>3956125
I have to admit the Workshop was Megaton's greatest strength. It gave THOUSANDS of new players to plenty of maps, including mine, but it was "still" only limited to Jonof compatible single player maps (no EDuke32 stuff) and if they dared used custom code or textures, it was a mess because there was no official support for that.

Like I said Megaton was great for what it was, a re-entry in the series for 'casuals' who don't really care, but all things considered World Tour is a much better port.
>>
oh and I forgot

>>3956038
>world tour was designed ON PURPOSE, to not have mod support, NOT EVEN THE PC VERSION!, let that sink in for a moment.

World Tour's workshop supports just as much as Megaton's, but with better conditions. Yes, its activity is dead, but that's because nobody felt like moving on to another workshop.

Stop kidding yourself, NOBODY was going to use Megaton to play mods, and nobody would use WT for mods either. If you're intro DN3D mods, you use EDuke32.

It doesn't matter the slightlest and they knew it, and they were right not to try and compete with EDuke32 because it was useless, and because we don't need several different sourceports for mods like how messy things can get in the Doom community (one mod requiring a particular sourceport, and another mod another one, etc)
>>
>>3956125
>>3956128
>>3956139

Dammit...

Is that all true about WT?

I was led to believe the WT didnt support mods, i never thought that megaton was that hated actually...

Guess you got me right there, but still, im not gonna forgive bitchford for its existence, especially since WT killed this.

https://youtu.be/PbwclH3TQrc

>actually based on eduke32
>the game, the 3 expansions and the extra content from the psx and n64 versions of the game
>mobile devices /android support.

I love doom and all, but it irks me the fact that you can only play well doom in mobiles and douk is left behind, i tried to set up dosbox with duke3d in my galaxy a7 and its a freaking slideshow!
The only known port of douk for mobile devices is the machinehead port, and everyone knows it sucks, i tried to play it, and it was impossible, according to terminx he was planing to release the port in a clean state for free, but he never did it, and its clear that he never will...

World tour might be a better port than megaton and all, but still, bitchfords practices, and alternative killing are simply unforgivable, and hope he burns in hell!
>>
>>3956158
>especially since WT killed this.

Like I said.... Even without World Tour, HTTK would probably not have been released. Gearbox had the rights all along, and Scott Miller gave what wasn't his. Whether it was an intentional screw up, or a misunderstanding, we don't know. In any case, even without WT, Gearbox would have stepped up against HTTK because they had the rights.
>>
>>3955465
You're right its better. Stay in your containment general.
>>
Duke Nukem 64 sucks. Those levels are just clueless bastardizations of the original maps. Why they wanted to include this shit in that collection? Also, Nuclear winter was just as bad. 3DRealms shouldn't have greenlighted it.
>>
>>3957595
The grenade launcher alone makes the game worth it.

The changed level design is very "hit or miss" though indeed...
>>
>>3950259
>Jon. St. John is back for more ass kicking quotes as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04V1Yvz86Pg
>>
>>3958190
Well, hit in the parts that were made by the original devs, miss in the parts that were screwed by those clueless japs. Honestly,the bastardization of Red Light District is literally the worst part of the stuff. And I don't care how cool it was to look back at the level later on.
>>
NESFag are you Hendricks or someone else on Duke4?
>>
>>3956312

Stay delusional, Bloatoid.
>>
>>3950259
Yeah no don't get that version. Fuck the World Tour and fuck Gearbox in the ass. Get the Megaton Edition instead.
>>
>>3959394
Stay hopeless at FPS doom cuck.
>>
>>3959429

Frames Per Second?

I have plenty, /pol/ak.
>>
>>3959457
and yet you still suck at first person shooters :(
>>
>>3959423
Fuck you, and your fucking Megaton.
>>
Bump.

Anyone thinks that Hotel Hell is overrated? Everyone is picking this map as a favourite, but I think it's quite badly designed boring map. Hollywood Holocaust is also overrated, just because it's the first map. Good, but there are many ones that are better.
>>
>>3959509

I wasn't aware I was required to care what you thought.

In fact....Yup, I'm pretty sure I remember now: not a single fuck is given about you, your opinion, your parents, or your little dog too.
>>
>>3961957
>Hotel Hell
I'm biased against any level that uses multiple battlelords, because I find them pretty annoying. But, Hotel Hell still deserves high praise for being such a cool multi-level structure. Any map with verticality like that, especially at the same, is pretty cool. I don't think the map flows that well, but it's not boring.

Are you playing the maps from a pistol start? Just like in Doom, it can really give you a new appreciation for the mapper's item/enemy placement.
>>
>>3962568
>especially at the same
especially at the time, I meant.
>>
>>3961957
City levels are overrated in general. They are easy to make with Build, and get boring pretty fast. Maps like Derelict or Fusion Station are much more interesting and challenging.
>>
>>3942306
Spin cycle in Episode 2 was a lot of fun in singleplayer and as a multiplayer map

Also lots of good memories playing the final Arena football stadium map over 28k modem with my mate in highschool.
>>
>>3946642
for it's time it was great, but it was pretty easy to permanently fuck up a map and it used to crash sometimes too. make backups while mapping so you dont lose hours of progress and you're good.
>>
>>3963183
It's lame when people make a big blocky "realistic" city map with the standard (boring) strip club, movie theater, etc., but like any theme you can make great ones too. WGCity and Border Town are examples that are both excellent city maps that are much more than lazy imitations of E1/E3.
>>
>>3965215
I remember a map called Doomcity. That was very good actually, with nonlinear, but intuitive design, relatively close to what the original devs created.
>>
Hotel Hell

Someone even ported the map to Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>3965912
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.