[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a game offers you to save your game whenever, outside safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ns.jpg (228KB, 795x795px) Image search: [Google]
ns.jpg
228KB, 795x795px
If a game offers you to save your game whenever, outside safe zones, even mid-combat, do you save all the time? Or do you limit yourself, like only saving at the start of a chapter or in towns?

Pic sort of related, if you will you can save after every clean hit, every defused trap.
>>
>>3942259
For me, it goes like this.
I play and play and play and then die and get started from the very beginning because I forgot saving even existed.
From that point I try to save frequently so even If I die I wont have to play more than a minute or two to get back to where I was.
Save abuse is present if load times are near instantaneous. Im not going to wait half a minute just because some random mob hit me once.
>>
>>3942259
MMVI is "supposed" to be played autosave-only; your party never really dies and money can be banked so it isn't lost. :) Doing it otherwise lacks the adrenaline.

In general, I save like a madman while playing stealth games or anything similar that requires obscene precision. I roll with the punches on everything else, saving at appropriate intervals. Some games I do autosave only.
>>
>>3942259
I save in the beginning of a quest or by entering a new area.

If I die, I reload and then save before the moment I die so I dont have to replay same section 3d time - 2 times is enough.
>>
>>3942259
I save all the time since I don't want to lose progress due to a bug or crash to desktop.

But I only load if I get a game over, savescumming ruins games
>>
>>3942259
We talking RPGs? If the ability is present, I save when I plan on turning off the game to take a pee break or something, or right before any obvious boss fight/plot decision. If I die at any point between those saves, it's my fault for letting it happen and I deal with the do-over. It's a chance to do it more efficiently anyway.

When I emulate, I tend to save state after every successful full screen load, but only so I have a backup to go to in case of a crash or save data corruption (it happens often enough with fan translations and romhacks to warrant the need.)

I try to only load actual game saves when I turn on an emulator unless I need to turn it off immediately for a real life reason (I have a wife and kids; real life comes first.) Save scumming is mad cheese, though.
>>
>>3942259
I forgot where, but there's an island somewhere with a small shrine in it. You can get to that shrine fairly early in the game, but inside it houses a minotaur, a pretty powerful enemy that early in the game.

BUT, there's a special way to kill the minotaur without even getting hit. You use the fucking table.

There's a table up against the wall. If you can get the minotaur on one side and your crew on the other, you can attack it with range weapons while it spends an eternity humping that table's edge like that girl from Code Geass. And you can be sure it will take an eternity. What's worse is there there was always a slight chance that the Minotaur will straighten up and slip away, OHKOing your entire squad.

So I would sit there, shooting arrows for like an hour, saving each time a successful round went through until it finally died and I had more levels than I could afford to train on.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.