[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of these worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: mmmmmm.jpg (168KB, 1577x437px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmm.jpg
168KB, 1577x437px
Are any of these worth playing?
>>
Play them once.
>>
>>3941959
No.
>>
>>3941959
Oh, and I could give you an explanation of why, but it would take a while, but I recommend finding out the weaknesses to all the bosses before you play.
>>
Yes, all of them. Despite what contrarian /vr/ will tell you, they're all solid platformers.
>>
4 is the overall best of the series. It's the overall most balanced and polished of the NES series.

5 is generally considered the worst of the NES series, it's painfully average and overall boring, but it's still a good game.

6, even if it's too easy and has too simple enemies and bosses patterns, is great in its own way. The Jetpack and Power armor suits are tons of fun to mess around with and while the game is less "kick ass" than the others, it's very moody in its way.

My recommendation is to play using lag-reduction patches. All 3 of these games have quite a lot of lag in some places, but some romhacks have optimized the games to reduce as much as possible.

Lag reduction patch for Rockman 4 (use the standard "std" patch) :
http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/zip/Rock4Optimization_v3.zip

For Rockman 5, but this one also works for Mega Man V as far as I could tell:
http://rock5easily.sakura.ne.jp/archive/rock5_lite.zip

For Rockman 6, lag reduction and speed up of other things too:
http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/zip/Rock6Optimization101.zip
and for Rockman 6 I also highly recommend you use this sliding patch. They fucked the sliding in 6 as you can't jump during a slide (which was possible since 3), plus there is a split second delay at the end of a slide. This fixes it.
http://www.geocities.jp/borokobo/zip/Rock6FixSlide2.zip

These lag reduction patches are rather unknown and deserve more recognition, and they all work on real hardware. Using both patches of RM6 at the same time on real hardware makes the game 100% better.

And if you're interested I did a complete romhack of MM5, a personal take on "what the game could have been"
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3343/
>>
Classic Megaman all the same shit, played one played them all.
>>
They're all worth playing, but that said 4 is bad, 5 is okayish, 6 is very good.
>>
5 is shit
>>
>>3941959
Actually listen to the namefag >>3941995

4 is a great game and honestly what I consider the best of the NES game, definitely play it.
>>
>>3941959
>Mega Man games
>Worth playing in general
>>
>>3941959
I'm a weirdo who thinks 5 is the best of these three, but they're all good.

5 has the best music and aesthetic of any megaman game IMO. The robot masters are all cool as hell even if most of their weapons are fuckin' useless.
>>
>>3941959
If you've played one of 3-6, you've played them all.
>>
4 yes, 5-6 only if you're a fan of Mega Man, especially since they add nothing new and losing your charge when hit gets annoying.
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 204x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 204x179px
Pic related is the definitive version of 4, but the actual game is also very good. I prefer 5 to 6, but both are pretty lackluster compared to the earlier games
>>
>>3941995
>And if you're interested I did a complete romhack of MM5
Quit shilling your hack in every Mega Man thread, faggot. Save it for the Romhacking general.
>>
File: rockman4minusinfinity.jpg (470KB, 700x651px) Image search: [Google]
rockman4minusinfinity.jpg
470KB, 700x651px
>>3942378
This
>>
I have biases because I grew up with it, but I enjoyed 6 quite a bit, the idea of megaman getting new suits of armor in addition to powers was novel and they felt nice to use, and the music was pretty great.

If you like 1, 2 and 3, there's no reason not to try them all at this point. None of the classic megaman games deviate from quality so bad they are unplayable.
>>
But MM1 is worse than any of those three
>>
9 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 1 > 6
>>
>>3941959
i dont get this.

This isn't some 40 hour JRPG.

They're like an hour and a half tops.
>>
If you liked megaman's 1-3, go for it
if you didn't, go play something you liked better
>>
>>3942789
What the fuck is that?
>>
Hell yeah, I love the NES mega man games
>>
>>3943931
Its a Repro of this >>3942378

Using an MMC5 Cart, likely a famicom version of one of the Koei games.

Wasnt there a MMC3 version of MI? that can run on a flashcart?
>>
>>3942378
R4MI is awful.
>>
File: my face when.jpg (159KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
my face when.jpg
159KB, 1300x957px
6 is the best in the series
>>
>>3942378
>kaizo shit
>definitive version
>>
File: rockman4minusinfinity.jpg (409KB, 700x636px) Image search: [Google]
rockman4minusinfinity.jpg
409KB, 700x636px
>>3944130
Yes, it's a repro I've made
There is an MMC3 version which does lack some stuff the MMC5 version has though.
Still shouldn't be playable on flashcarts i think though unless it's smaller in filesize than the MMC5 one (which i don't think it is).
The flashchips for chr rom and prg rom of both the powerpak and everdrive are too small for it from what I know.
>>
>>3941959
Four.
>>
>>3941959
I don't like 4 very much, but it's still very solid. I think I just find the charge buster awfully underwhelming visually and this makes me a lot more upset than it has any right to.

5 is average and some levels are somewhat frustrating, but I still consider it to be better than 1.

6 is my favorite for sure. It's a lot of fun and the armor is great, but it might be a bit easy as said above.
>>
File: battle_blue_by_imson-datzzwq.png (653KB, 690x882px) Image search: [Google]
battle_blue_by_imson-datzzwq.png
653KB, 690x882px
>>3941995
This guy hit the nail on the head pretty much.

4 is the most refined, 5 is forgettable but fine, 6 is the most interesting.

6 also has some of the greatest tracks (Wily stage, Tomahawk Man, Plant Man, Flame Man) and the Rush adaptors are fun.
I've seen many people shit on the Rush adaptors in MM6 but then say MM7 is the best of the lot. Go figure.
>>
File: received_1636591196370729.png (566KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
received_1636591196370729.png
566KB, 720x1280px
>>3941959
More like is any of this worth PAYING.
>>
>>3946447
Sorry wrong pic. Didn't even mean to post a picture.
>>
>>3941959
you're not missing anything

after playing 3 you can skip straight to X if you feel like it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.