[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let us cling together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2[1].jpg (20KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
2[1].jpg
20KB, 260x226px
I recently started playing this game. How can i manually control a unit? I only have the control to the main protag.
>>
>>3939257
Just keep playing, you'll control more units in about 2 minutes
>>
you can't control guest units, you'll get your own units soon enough
>>
>>3939257
You're extremely early, you get a party soon enough
Fantastic game I suck at it and I'm only on chapter 2 though
>>
This brings back memories. I remember being blown away as a kid by the major decision at the end of chapter one that changed the whole course of the game.
>>
>>3939285
I started playing this a month ago and I was floored by that decision
>>
>>3939285
Don't spoil the fun to me, but does the game branches off at some point?
>>
>>3939291
Yes, a key feature is the branching paths
>>
>>3939291
Yes multiple times.
This sucker really is a game that if you want to experience it, it will take multiple plays. 3 minimum.

Without spoilers you have a decision to make which will set you on a chaotic or lawful path. after that you can make a decision to change your mind and it sets you on a neutral path.

My advice is when you are asked to go to Baramus. MAKE A SECOND SAVE!
>>
>>3939257
I thought this was Knight of Lodoss at first from the graphics. Has anyone played both? Do they compare? I wasn't a huge fan of KoL, but it was kinda interesting, just sloooooow.
>>
>>3939372
I think Tactics Ogre is better pretty much hands down, and its much more of a classic as well.
>>
>>3939372
I played both, although I stopped at the beginning of the third section on LUCT. Damn Blademaster keeps running at the enemy party and getting himself murdered before I can do anything, and it finally frustrated me to the point where I said fuck it.

I played KoL on an actual GBA, I really liked it and completed it three times. It feels like a simpler game compared to LUCT, and a little more refined in spots, but the story wasn't as great, though still good, and some of the depth from LUCT's combat was missing. I think it's easier to break lategame though due to snapdragons. Or at least more obvious on how to do so.

LUCT's story felt a lot more interesting to me and genuinely made me feel like the choices I made were impactful and ones that I felt like really were presented well. They usually gave me pause before I made a decision because there wasn't really any way to get everything you want. And although the battle system had more depth, a few times it just feels clunky. And as I mentioned before, there's some missions where saving the recruitable NPC is pretty frustrating because they're AI controlled and tend to make incredibly bad decisions, coupled with the fact most of the enemies in the game are pretty deadly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.