[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ganbare Goemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 37807_front.jpg (222KB, 640x1140px) Image search: [Google]
37807_front.jpg
222KB, 640x1140px
I'm surprised this series isnt talked about on vr since the games have good and original platforming designs.

The second game on the super famicom finally got a translation and its just down to graphics hacking now, currently being done by DDSTranslations: https://twitter.com/DDSTrans. 3 and 4 are in the works too.

Whats your favorite game in the series? GG4 is one of the most impressive games graphics and gameplay wise on the sufami library, full of beautifully crafted backgrounds that put some next gen games to shame.
>>
It's hard picking a favorite because my first one was Mystical Ninja 64 and it remains my favorite, it got Goemon's wacky style and humor just right, the characters and story are hilarious and the ending is genius. The game also happens to be one of the best 3D adventure games of 5th gen, despite some people thinking it has "aged" because of no camera control, but I think it works fine, never had trouble with this game.
From the 2D ones, It's a hard choice between GG4 and GGA
>>
I liked the one of the SNES for the coop play, and it was generally a pretty fun platformer. Had some good dungeons such as the one that would rotate the whole room.

The first one on the N64 was a solid adventure game with a frustrating camera. Not enough to ruin it since at least the it always refocuses behind the character.
>>
>>3939231
/vr/ is full of trend whores, and wannabes who pretend not to be. So any discussion of a game that's not a "classic" isn't going to happen here.

Unless a fad starts, an e-celeb makes a video, or the price gets too high...
Then contrarian mode will kick in and the wannabes will jump down your throat for mentioning anything remotely popular at all.

Oh. And NEVER have an original thought, or admit to even playing a newer game, because yoi'll get called a fad 'gamer' and get generalized at..

Hope your thread turns out good thoigh.
>>
>>3939298
Your metapost that added nothing to this and doesnt help anything, my man. Just three anons talking about Goemon.
>>
we need a uncensored patch for part one!! US and international all censored.
>>
I love how they use traditional japanese instruments to make some jamming tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxwXZEsMEg&index=7&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcLCLx-P3k-EKiA0NxRAbcyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyCpI5JNkI&index=15&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcLCLx-P3k-EKiA0NxRAbcyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48rWFxrfYA&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcLCLx-P3k-EKiA0NxRAbcyn&index=14
>>
>>3939341
I didn't know 1 was censored. Are you just talking about the name changes or things like dialogue censorship?
>>
>>3939231
Goemon Adventures for N64. I loved the world they created, the music, the atmosphere. Everything.

Amazing game with amazing times. I'm actually pissed this series never went further because it's a hidden gem. But hey maybe one day.

Honestly it's gems like these that give me hope. Hope for a brighter future and showing that life is full of potential, even if it seems bleak and meaningless sometimes. I guess this game just thrives with life for some reason, it's a weird feeling hard to describe. Rant over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCrGFa213Dw
>>
>>3939397
They removed one of the strip clubs in one of the later stages and replaced with a minigame house. It's nothing revealing though.
>>
>>3939231
This new is so Good. I have all games séries on SFC.
>>
>>3939298
Go fuck yourself.
>>3939231
Need to get on it, they look good but i just never got around to buying em. Its talked about but not to many people hate it so it's generally a short thread.
>>
File: C87ztviXUAIdjU3.jpg (20KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
C87ztviXUAIdjU3.jpg
20KB, 256x224px
https://twitter.com/DDSTrans
It's finally happening
>>
File: MARCO2 ms4.png (5KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
MARCO2 ms4.png
5KB, 256x384px
>>3939479
Nice.
>>
>>3939231
Thanks for the translation heads up, anon. Really excited about that. I finally got into this series and plowed through all of the ones available in English. I gotta say that I really love Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I couldn't stop playing it once I started. The music and atmosphere was so perfect. The gameplay was great too. It was a little on the easy side, but I don't think that's a knock against it.
>>
File: goemon-team.jpg (928KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goemon-team.jpg
928KB, 855x1200px
Quick! Post your top 5 Goemon games.

>Ganbare Goemon: Space Pirate Akogingu
>Goemon 3: Thanks for all the hardships
>Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
>NES Goemon 2
>Goemon DS
>>
If you guys use twitter, follow @DDSTrans and flood it with all the likes and retweets and thank yous. They're doing a hell of a work no one else has bothered to do all these years
>>
1 Goemon's Great Adventure
2 Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
3 Ganbare Goemon 2 (SFC)
4 Ganbare Goemon 4 (SFC)
5 Ganbare Goemon Ooedo Daikaiten (PS1)

Also

* The first PS1 Ganbare Goemon, the one with GG3's play style and weird sidekicks
* Goemon Shinsedai Shuumei (PS1) (Fuck you I liked it, fun 1 player game)
* Ganbare Goemon 2 (NES)
* Ganbare Goemon 3 (SNES) --> Probaby would rank higher if I knew jap and didn't need guides to even reach the dungeons.
>>
File: ggac.jpg (272KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ggac.jpg
272KB, 1600x1200px
>>3939554
1. Goemon's Great Adventure
2. Ganbare Goemon 4
3. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
4. Ganbare Goemon 2
5. Goemon 2 Famicom.

The DS one is pretty nice, but my file got corrupted halfway through on my acekard, haven't played again since.
Need to play Goemon 3 and the PS1 ones.
>>
Who's the other guy/group working on Goemon 3 and 4?
>>
>>3939570
Have you played the GBC and DS Goemons yet? They are really good.
>>
>>3939231
30fps trash. Ganbare Goemon 2 at least.
>>
>>3939586
A bit of the DS one, I like it but haven't played enough to have a formed opinion on it
... I actually bought it even though I pirated most DS games just because the art is so beautiful (and because I already had all SNES/N64 and wanted to add to that collection Goemon games). I'm kind of saving it as japanese study practice material, which I plan to get back to later this year.

The GBC games haven't really caught my attention. I know there's a GBC game super similar to GG2 on SNES but I guess I rather replay the SNES games than playing that. I don't have much of a GB/GBC culture.

Btw, I'll add Konami Krazy Racers to this. Lots of Goemon love in there.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>3939519
4 Is great and easy to understand because it returns to being platform oriented unlike 3 which took a zelda like approach. There's also GG uchuu kaizoku on psx that's a real shame we didn't get because the game is downright amazing and a guaranteed good time.
>>
>>3939615
4 has the best title ever.
>>
>>3939284
Is only the first SNES game coop?
>>
>>3939241
>It's hard picking a favorite because my first one was Mystical Ninja 64 and it remains my favorite,
Uhhh then it's not hard to pick a favorite for you...
>>
>>3939231
there's way too many games to talk about on vr
>>
>>3940603
Right? Sweet jesus, I never knew there were so many good retro games out there.
>>
>>3939298
ты либo дayн
>>
Still bums me out the fact you can't replay any castle levels once you beat them on Great Adventure. They are the best, most challenging stages from the game
>>
>>3941821
I wish there was a secret way to reenter them.
Also you can only unlock the 4-player mode when you 100% the game, so you can't play the castles in 4player mayhem mode.
GGA is still the only Goemon game where it's possible to control all the gang at once with 4 players, right?
Other than the japan-only tabletop board game on N64.
>>
>>3941821
It's a damn shame. Last time I played it I emulated it and kept separate savefiles before each castle stage
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.