[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw not Asian or Latino so I suck at KoF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

>>
watch?v=r75Lz1Drp8g

combos require no timing. just execute then as fast as you can and search for shortcuts at executing them.

Example: if a combo is down+forward kick followed by a QCF kick you make it like this

Start the QCF motion, when its at DF position press kick and when it goes to F position press kick again. I hope you understood.
>>
Why even live: the thread
>>
How can one git gud in this day and age?
>>
>live in Brazil
>mom and father still kicking my ass in kof97
>>
>>3938839
By playing video juegos ?
>>
File: kimckick.gif (21KB, 217x144px) Image search: [Google]
kimckick.gif
21KB, 217x144px
>>3938681
I'm white and KoF is my favorite game. And there's nothing special about Brazilians and Koreans, people are just people. Don't be an idiot who thinks race is a thing. Just don't give up.
>>
>>3938919
>posts a Korean
>>
>being self-defeating with memes
There are plenty of knowledgable KOF players you can talk to or ask for advice in English and you can find players through the usual channels (IRC, forums, etc., even /vr/) unless you're on some remote island
>>
File: HeavyD98_stance.gif (31KB, 170x238px) Image search: [Google]
HeavyD98_stance.gif
31KB, 170x238px
>>3938921
It's a Korean character, but that doesn't really matter. Come on, anon.
>>
File: persodarabe.jpg (28KB, 338x299px) Image search: [Google]
persodarabe.jpg
28KB, 338x299px
>>3938681
Don't forget maghrebians. I know it's kinda surprising, but SNK and the Neo Geo were really popular in the maghreb, and now it's like every good KOF player in France is algerian or moroccan.
I'm white and I suck at KOF so much I'm ashamed of it.
>>
>>3938681
if you aren't asian or black then street fighter isn't for you either
>>
why is KOF so big in South america
90% of the playerbase is from there somehow
>>
>>3938980
>Racists are stupid: the post

Stop blaming others for your sucking, anon. :)

>>3938982
Because it's an excellent series which is what the people there are interested in as opposed to chasing the new hot thing.
>>
>>3938982
Latin america is a big weeaboo territory. Of all the fighting games the weeaboo levels of KOF are pretty high.
>>
>>3938982

Think about this. Having a Super Nintendo plus 2 controllers, a TV and Street Fighter 2 cartridge. All that shit in 1995 for example would have been an entire wage of your parents at the time. Maybe even 2 months of salary.

Meanwhile i could go to my local arcade and each coin for KOF or Metal Slug was 10 cents. That means with a dollar i could go and play 10 times. An entire afternoon.
>>
File: 1484674662304.jpg (169KB, 732x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1484674662304.jpg
169KB, 732x1092px
I know that feel OP. Maybe we should start playing the whitest fighting game of all, vampire Saviour?
>>
>>3938938
>Neo Geo
>in Maghreb

How could they afford it? Because it was already out of reach for many people in Yurop.
>>
>>3939016
I get your point, but you could play Street Fighter 2 at the arcade too. Why KOF rather than SF2?

(Here in Europe the arcades were so expensive it made no sense to play: each coin did cost the equivalent of $1, or even $2 for the hottest games, so the "scene" was completely dead from the start.)
>>
>>3939016
When KOF was popular, it was already the times of Playstation, you could even find pirate bootleg CDs of KOF for PS1.
But speaking strictly arcades, KOF became really popular at the end of the 90s, before that it was SFII and Mortal Kombat, in the mid to late 90s it was divided by SNK and Capcom, it was the time when this kind of games dominated the most in arcades. SFA2, KOF, Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown, and many others were popular, this was also the time MK was popular in arcades for the last time with Ultimate, also Killer Instinct, and the first steps of 3D fighting with VF and Tekken.
In the late 90s, Capcom fucked up with SFIII and its weird style and roster, people weren't satisfied with the game and would rather play a Marvel game, but by the time, at least in SA, KOF had already taken over. Releasing the same sequels each year, each time with more characters made the series very appealing, and yes it was also the time where SA got an anime boom.
>>
>>3939016
but nowadays they can play any retro fighting game in any PC made in the past 20 years
and they CHOOSE to play KOF in places like Fightcade
i wonder if arcades are still alive there.
>>
>>3938681
Spain fags also are huge fans of SNK in general for some reason.
>>
>>3938982
Because of easy piracy, cps1 and i think cps2 games were also pirated and easily found but cps3 was not hacked, basically in countries like Pakistan and Brazil authentic things dont arrive and are super expensive even for vendors, neogeo, sega and nes i have never seen actual machines all were replicas. Thats why they are popular in lower level countries. Ofcource i am talking about before emulation being taken in arcades
>>
File: patriotic brazilian.jpg (110KB, 409x658px) Image search: [Google]
patriotic brazilian.jpg
110KB, 409x658px
>>3939016
>each coin for KOF or Metal Slug was 10 cents.
What the fuck how cheap arcades were in your city
>>
>>3939153
>i wonder if arcades are still alive there.
They're not.
>>
File: 1483302760096.jpg (32KB, 460x596px) Image search: [Google]
1483302760096.jpg
32KB, 460x596px
>Planet of the Apes: The Thread
>>
Got my ass kicked in KoF 98 on Fightcade by some Brazilian guy playing my main a few weeks ago. Gave up lol
>>
>>3939121
for arcade operators, the Neo-Geo was one of the best deals around, being both reasonably priced by arcade standards and offering multi-slot cabs, saving floor space

also, see below
piracy really helped, it wasn't until like KOF2002 that they actually started to add protection to Neo-Geo games, bootleg carts are common as shit
if there's one thing I'm surprised at, it's the lack of KOF hacks compared to all the CPS1 SF2 bootleg hacks

>>3939332
CPS2 didn't get hacked until the 2000s.
>>
>>3940246
>if there's one thing I'm surprised at, it's the lack of KOF hacks compared to all the CPS1 SF2 bootleg hacks
Huh I remember that Magic Plus hacks that gave you infinite super bars and shrunk your character when you pressed start being common, as well as playable Boss hacks.
>>
Does using a fight stick make any difference on how you play compared to using a controller? I use a dualshock 2 on fightcade and I get schooled all the time.
>>
>>3940261
Not really, some o the best players in the world use a joypad.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.