[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hooking this up to a US HDTV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FAMICOM.png (945KB, 1600x826px) Image search: [Google]
FAMICOM.png
945KB, 1600x826px
Have wanted to get a famicom for a while but I'm confused when it comes to what I actually need to buy. I know I need a new RF switch, which would be this I'm pretty sure

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-NES-RF-Adapter/dp/B00475ABRQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492847068&sr=8-5&keywords=rf+switch

with nothing else that connects into that.

But then I see mixed shit on power, whether I replace the ac adapter that comes with it, or that I have to buy something that converts jap power so it doesn't run hot.

The other thing I'm wondering is if the everdrive can play romhacks(translations) or if I should just not even bother because most loose famicom games are cheap.

Sorry for being retarded, appreciate any help
>>
Get a sony crt free on craigslist, it will save you some hassle
>>
>>3938529
That adapter (whatever the fuck it's supposed to do) won't even plug into a famicom. You need something that has an RCA male plug on one end and whatever connector the analog tuner in your TV takes on the other.

You see mixed shit on power because the internet is full of underage fucks with no experience who parrot what other underage fucks with no experience say. You can plug your jap AC adapter into your US mains and it will work fine. I have shit I've been using like this for 30 years.

The ED can play any properly done romhack. But you can get a buttload of famicom games for the price of the ED. Personally I didn't bother with the ED but I do have other things. Multicarts, old copiers, etc.
>>
>>3938574
>You need something that has an RCA male plug on one end and whatever connector the analog tuner in your TV takes on the other.
Also something to deal with the issue that the Famicom's RF is tuned to "around" channel 95, meaning you're liable to run into issues getting it to actually tune to the proper channel.

More bothersome, but you might want to look into modding it for composite(assuming your HDTV still has composite) and just skip the RF adapter all together.
>>
>>3938529
Amusingly, it's getting somewhat uncommon to find an original Famicom in decent shape that HASN'T already been modified for composite output. Just get one of the trillions of modded ones out there and plug it in. And then weep when you discover that your HDTV doesn't know the difference between 240p and 480i.
>>
>>3938529
>Hooking this up to a US HDTV
Don't even bother.
>>
>>3938596
>Also something
That'd be the tuner in the TV. It will scan the whole frequency range for a signal and as it finds something assign it a number.
>>
>>3939708
Assuming the tuner will properly tune to it. I have no experience with how HDTVs or the like would handle something like that. I would hope better than older TVs, but who knows.
>>
>>3939958
It's possible his TV doesn't even have an analog tuner. But if it does it will tune it just like CRTs with channel scan.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.