[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked this up at a thrift store for $2. Is it worth a go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Just picked this up at a thrift store for $2. Is it worth a go?
>>
>>3938437
Any game with a cover where three ppl share a single space suit helmet buried on Mars with that kind of expression is definitely worth a go.
>>
I liked it. Played the PC version though. The enemies never die permanently (minus a couple exceptions) and they start getting back up after "killing" them ridiculously fast towards the end of the game. The black guy can actually mash fast enough to not be hurt by normal "zombies" when they grab you so it's best to do your dirty work with him unless you're forced to use someone else.
>>
I heard it's pretty good
>>
>buys a game
>asks after the fact if it's worth playing

Why don't you just play and find out retard
>>
>>3938480
That was an unnecessarily hurtful thing to say.
>>
>>3938482
That was an unnecessarily dumb thing to do.
>>
>>3938441

This.
The artwork is fucking stupid.
>>
It's one of those "could have been" games, like a lot of RE clones. The issue with this one is that it feels unfinished, hit detection is particularly awful.

You know Rule of Rose on PS2? Same thing here. Great atmosphere, story, mechanics... broken gameplay due to the hit detection.

Still one of the survival horror with the most backstory, most and longest files to read etc and also puzzles that don't assume players are retards.

I believe the PC version is a bit better.
>>
It's a rough diamond game. mikennemonic did a great playthrough of it almost 10 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKILYcpsOyE&list=PL1A06A6FC3A83CB4D&index=1

It's a very challenging survival horror title with a rich and very fleshed-out atmosphere.
>>
Its pretty good, it's like resident evil but you get to control three different characters simultaneously and there's a lot more emphasis on the puzzles too. Not bad at all
>>
File: life-poster.jpg (363KB, 1200x1778px) Image search: [Google]
life-poster.jpg
363KB, 1200x1778px
>>3938441
>>3938506
It's supposed to be deeply symbolic and unsettling in concept, but the end result is just hilarious.

Like "3 astronauts get super drunk and end up in the same space suit" hilarious.

It's not fair to mock the attempt, though; most of that period's game covers are cheesy character renders with explosions and whatnot
>>
>>3938437
You already fucking bought it? What the fuck. Just fucking play it.
>>
>>3938437
>>
So what's the game about? Do martians like stuff like Bauhaus and Alien Sex Fiend?
>>
>>3938804
space ghosts, I think

I think the tank controls are terrible even for survival horror they're pretty rough but the game seems fine so far
>>
>>3938804
3 astronauts go up to mars to investigate what happens with the colony since they went cold. What happened was (it's not spoilers it's the first hour of the game I think) is a disease infected the colony. anyone infected with the disease can not see another person. If they do they both go batshit insane and hunt a third person. They then morph together into some collage of body parts. That's the main mechanic of the game is to solve puzzles and such without 2 characters seeing each other.
>>
>>3939549
What about the dead bodies and floating zombies?
>>
>>3938437
watched a lets play of this because I couldn't be bothered to play it even though I bought the game. Absolute kino. Loved the atmosphere and the AI voice actress was nice. The enemies were genuinely unsettling and the main game mechanic was quite interesting. Fixed camera like resi. Regret not playing this one.
>>
>>3939913
space magic or something. It's been a while.
>>
>>3940274
>watched a lets play of this because I couldn't be bothered to play it even though I bought the game.

Holy shit OP you're a fucking idiot.

Holy fucking shit, what a retard

KEKEK
>>
>>3938437
Interesting and terrible game.

Gameplay wise its awful, but it has some novel mechanics.
>>
>>3938437
Poor man's RE in space. Worth a shot, but definitely far from perfect
>>
>>3938437
fucking space tax cuts, all our engineers need to share space suits plus we went back to gothic architecture we didn't terraform mars its still red n shit; damn the future sucks
>>
Thread got me interested in playing this but I'm wondering, thoughts on which is the supperior version? I've read that obviously the PC version has better texturrs and sound but I also found that apparently some of the puzzles were redone for the PS1 version to make them more logical.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.