[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Played Alundra, it was good. Worth making a thread about.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: Alundra.jpg (163KB, 352x349px) Image search: [Google]
Alundra.jpg
163KB, 352x349px
Played Alundra, it was good. Worth making a thread about.
>>
>>3938138
it's just poor man's lttp
>>
>>3938160
In what ways other then being a top-down action-adventure game and both protagonists having pointy ears?
>>
>>3938138
Fuck the puzzles. Fuck Miming in particular.
>>
>>3938138

>By former Quintet employees

No thank you, come again.
>>
It looks great, but I was never sold on the actual gameplay.
>>
This is my favorite game that's about an Elf and I always kinda wondered what the rest of the world he lived in was like.
>>
>>3938138

I was going to play it until i saw some videos of it. Is the entire game the same muddy color?
>>
>>3938160
>>3938487
>>3938497
>>3938626
Kys. God this board is full of underage faggots
>>
>>3938372
thats enough for it to be
>>
>>3938138
I wish I could find this and its sequel for affordable prices. Maybe there are still some copies in circulation that are not in reseller's hands but I don't feel like paying over 50 bucks for a few Playstation games.
>>
Loved it when it came out. I worry that playing it again I'll be disappointed. maybe after I find a PSX controller that works in Linux.
>>
>>3938868
I downloaded mine from the PS3's digital store. Not sure if it is still there, or if the sequel is. Good luck on finding a physical copy though.
>>
>>3938847
Then 2D Zelda in itself is a poor man's Hydlide by that logic :^)
>>
>>3938487
Nahh miming, or Nirude as a whole isn't that hard.
If you're going to fuck any of the puzzles fuck Kline's Dream and Ice Manor.
>>
File: IMG_20170423_003757.jpg (524KB, 3181x1123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_003757.jpg
524KB, 3181x1123px
My kind of thread
>>
>>3939810
>Alundra 2
No.
>>
>>3938138
god damn was this game overrated or what?
>>
>>3940542
Not as much as some other games of its genre.
>>
>>3938697

Learn how to type properly or leave, phone-poster.
>>
>>3939810

That's some weapons-grade cancer there, Anon.
>>
>>3938487
is that the one with a switch opening a door on the other side?
spent a while on that one since i kept trying to find an object or something to hold the switch like you normally would on puzzle games, not realising you just have to brute force run to the other side.
>>
Alunda is miles above Zelda in literally every way.
>>
>>3938138

Ahh Alundra.

>Ugly
check
>Cryptic Puzzles
check
>Bad Platforming
check

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>3941120
>fugly
check

>dungeons the same color swapped garbage over and over
check

>purposeless "exploration" ending in garbage "rewards" like rupees and bombs
check

>3rd grader storytelling
check

>brony hair protagonist
check

Zelda is literally Rᵉddit: the game.
>>
>>3941180

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, Anon. I'm very disappointed in you.
>>
>>3941180
>can't even argue
fucking lol
>>
>>3941187
>>3941237
He's right though dipshits
>>
>>3938497
*Climax
the guys that made shining force I, Shining in the darkness, and Landstalkers
fixed that for you, friend
>>
>great PSone game
>shitposting faggots
is this /v/?
>>
>>3939810
I'm not too big on Alundra 2, but damn dude, nice collection
>>
>>3943258
Sometimes.

>>3938138
I've always wanted to try it. It's on my STD list.
(shit to do)

The butthurt ITT is making me more curious.
>>
>>3943271
It's pretty damn solid, nice presentation, good soundtrack, a few tough puzzles and nice simplistic Zelda combat.
The story is pretty engaging too
>>
I went here to talk about Alundra I took one look at thread, oh that's right everyone on 4chan is an asshole
>>
Goddamn Alundra 2 looks like ass. Does it play like ass?
>>
>>3943295
I'm not, anon. What's your favorite track in the game?
>>
Alundra was an improvement upon the classic zelda formula and then they went 3D.........
>>
>>3940160
>Alundra 2
>No.

I get your point anon, Alundra 2 was a total let down but since Alundra is my favourite game I thought I should at least have a decent copy of it.

>>3941080
Don't care,

>>3943260
Thanks anon, I'm not overally keen on it either, I've finished it a couple of times and left it there. I've primarily got it because it bears the Alundra name and that's it. It's also why I don't have the strategy guides or posters either.
>>
>>3943301
>What's your favorite track in the game?
not him, but I'll just post mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdNJ5gPKNw
probably because I'm stuck there for the longest time
>>
>>3943296
It's not exactly stellar but I found it quite interesting that the huge sword actually feels heavy.

>>3941237
Of course you can't argue because all of that is 100% right.
>>
File: LS-cover.jpg (136KB, 640x921px) Image search: [Google]
LS-cover.jpg
136KB, 640x921px
>>3943892
Play Landstalker
>>
>>3943892
At least 2 still felt a bit like 2D Zelda (albeit w/ some hints of Ys this time).
>>
>>3943894
They bought the name Alundra and shat out a big turd that had nothing to do with LS nor Alundra.
>>
>>3938160
You're retarded they don't play similar. It's more like Beyond Oasis if anything.
>>
>>3941120
Alundra had really nice spritework desu senpai.
>>
>>3944184
Is anlandstalker worth it?

I always had trouble getting into it compared to alundra
>>
>>3943301
Can I say the music that plays during the opening fmv unfortunately it never appears in the game itself
>>
>>3945548
if you didnt grow up gaming in the 80s and early 90s the difficulty/outright hardness of it will probably frustrate you to death.
>>
Alundra gets a shitload easier once you learn some of the tricks.

>beans can be used to activate switches
Holy shit this changed the game. The execution heavy jumping puzzles suddenly aren't so execution heavy anymore.
>>
>>
>>3943295
lots of people are really pissed off about puzzles that make them feel dumb
>>
>>3944303
>They bought the name Alundra

You do know Matrix Software developed both games? My question is whether SCEI or Matrix own the IP because I'd love it to be continued despite I utterly doubt it ever will
>>
>>3943296
compared to the first alundra it's very smelly ass indeed
even if alundra 1 did not exist it'd still be a 4/10 game at best
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBB2bmBVGdI
>>
>>3938138
How new.ru
>just marathoned this
>was it good?
>>
File: alundrasaviorstalker.png (63KB, 231x106px) Image search: [Google]
alundrasaviorstalker.png
63KB, 231x106px
Garian was here. Alundra and Nigel are losers.

Also,
Dark Savior > Alundra > Landstalker
>>
>>3946360
Good choice but too depressing man

Let's make it a bit more comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZAgOZLQlss
>>
>>3945773
It ain't that hard. It mostly looks harder than it is. All those impossible looking jumps are actually straight lines.
>>
File: 3Hl1.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
3Hl1.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
>>3938138

landstalker was my favourite 16 bit action rpg. Out of the 2 spiritual sequels from most of the same team, I much prefer Dark Savior to Alundra. Hell, I bought a saturn at launch just for that game.

also RIP the 3d landstalker remake that was almost done for PSP.
>>
>>3946494

dark savior was ALMOST better than landstalker. But fuck that 4th parallel, bullshit isometric jump puzzles against a timer for the whole run? seriously fuck that shit, it was infuriating. Rest of the game was great.
>>
>>3948185

to be fair theres one rage inducing jump in the second to last dungeon, you fall 3 floors if you miss the jump. Thats the worst one. Apart from that its not too bad.
>>
>>3948214
git gud

i would concede had you mentioned the minecart, but the silver castle run is dope
>>
>>3948456

the minecarts were fine for me. just that fucking castle racing your clone.I hate that bit so much.
>>
>>3948808
it's meant to be the climax and since you've already played through those areas in previous parallels it makes sense to up the challenge
>>
>>3948208
>also RIP the 3d landstalker remake that was almost done for PSP.
I don't care for remakes. Why would they get the band back together again and say 'let's make the same game again with nothing new!'? If they would have made it a Landstalker 2 I would deeply mourn it's loss.
>>
>>3948214
> But fuck that 4th parallel, bullshit isometric jump puzzles against a timer for the whole run?
I liked that. I mean, they're the same areas you'd just done in the previous paraells so you ought to be decent enough at them by now, plus you start at the hardest area first. It's tough but fair, and quite the rush. I rarely get such satisfaction from beating a game, but this game felt real good to beat.
>>
>>3949885
cept you only truly finish the game after beating parallel V
>>
>>3945775
This.

When I was a kid it would take me 40+ hours to complete. Now I can do it in under 12, probably even faster if I can be bothered to speedrun it, but to me that takes the enjoyment out of playing it
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.