[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been browsing the CD-ROM section of the Internet Archive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: KtZdTpc.jpg (143KB, 800x945px) Image search: [Google]
KtZdTpc.jpg
143KB, 800x945px
I've been browsing the CD-ROM section of the Internet Archive a lot recently and have never seen so much weird, fucked up shit. Pic related caught me so off guard.
>>
dude I love devo
I'll have to check this out
>>
File: 250px-PrinceInteractive.jpg (24KB, 250x388px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PrinceInteractive.jpg
24KB, 250x388px
>>3937209
I've got just the thing for you
>>
File: Bad_Day_on_the_Midway_Coverart.png (161KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Day_on_the_Midway_Coverart.png
161KB, 256x256px
It's weird how many musicians made shit like this for the computer.
>>
>>3937565
Peter Gabriel made two called "Eve" and "Xplora1"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
RIP Lemmy
>>
File: ohno_proof.jpg (58KB, 504x380px) Image search: [Google]
ohno_proof.jpg
58KB, 504x380px
>>3937209
is there a dl link for this game?
>>
>>3937784
OP here. Here you go anon https://archive.org/details/adventures-of-the-smart-patrol
>>
>>3937571
OP again. You have links to downloads?
>>
>>3937209
One of my favorite genres is those awkward 90s adventure games, usually FMV. Here's some that are worth looking into

-Sanitarium
-Hervester (My favorite)
-Darkseed
-Phantasmagoria
-Hell: A cyberpunk Thriller
-Bloodnet
-I have no mouth and I must scream

Ed Hunter is in a similar vein to those music tie in games but it's just a rail shooter. I think it's just a modified version of the old VR game "Zone Hunter" for virtuality systems. They play pretty similarly.
>>
>>3937565

That reminds me of how one time my mom bought me a goofy "interactive music" CD-ROM by Todd Rundgren. It turned out to be kind of silly and clunky, and the music was not in any style that my mom was familiar with from his previous work. I had the vague impression that she was disappointed by this failure to share some bit of her youth.

I can't easily find information about that CD-ROM but here's Rundgren showing a similar thing at an aulden-tyme CES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DRZwjcMhU
>>
>>3939404

Also I remember David Bowie getting into this sort of thing. He had a whole online "portal" site that you had to pay to subscribe to, I think? It sounded kind of weird and out-of-touch to me at the time, but it was cool that he was trying, I guess. (And of course he did that thing with Omikron or whatever.)
>>
>>3939409

Ah it was an entire ISP apparently: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/11/david-bowie-bowienet-isp-internet

I dunno, maybe it was cooler than it sounded, then. I mean everybody needs an ISP.
>>
>>3937215
The game isn't great, but the original songs they recorded for it are rad as hell. I think they're on the Recombo DNA Rhino box set, which is how I was introduced to them, and the game.
>>
>>3939170
>Darkseed
That game is forever ruined for me.
>>
>>3939404
>0:54
the thing he's demoing is for 3DO?
>>
>>3938935
Search for them on the site Adventure Legends.
>>
>>3937209
what the heck is that?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.