[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded MAME for the first time to play Super Street

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Ryu default color.png (3MB, 1392x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu default color.png
3MB, 1392x1045px
Just downloaded MAME for the first time to play Super Street Fighter II Turbo, it's a very fun game and all but the fact that the original palettes aren't the default color triggers my autism. What were they thinking, was there a legitimate reason for this?
>>
>>3936956
you can pick the characters from SSF2 by putting in a code, some are actually better [old sagat is better than new sagat]
>>
>>3936956
Just to separate it from the original a bit I guess. You can still select the original character colours.
>>
>>3936956
You can select older versions of the characters and they have the same old colors. Like, Championship Edition Sagat, or any championship edition character, which don't even have super meters, different damage. Stuff like that.
>>
>>3936973
that's hyper sf2
>>
>>3936965
>>3936967

I know this, I just find it weird that you can't select just the original color by pressing LP. I mean, Street Fighter characters are iconic, you see the old regular Ryu and Chun in the intro and as you can see, in the portraits of the character selection screen. I just wondered if there was some particular reason for this weird choice at that time.
>>
Just to change the presentation up a little (and help mask the fact that you're getting SF2 revision 5). Same reason they changed the announcer into an effeminate male.
>>
>>3936956
This triggers me as well desu.

It's disgusting that SSF2T now is the "canon" game while not even displaying the canon colours for the characters...

It's like a Sonic game where you choose a lot of new colours for Sonic... except blue. Completely dumb choice.
>>
>itt people confuse selecting classic color pallets in Super with selecting classic move sets in hyper.
>>
But FYI, there's an autistic glitch that makes it possible to have the original colours while playing the SSF2T version of any character (with the super attacks, etc.).

>use the code to get original colours in SSF2 mode
>lose the match
>then select any character not by pressing a button, but by waiting for the time to be over
>>
>>3936982
Probably specifically to get away from "ryu is always white, ken is always red, etc"
>>
>>3937112
Actually I'm not sure you can "select any character" during the last step, you may be forced to select the one you lost with by waiting for time over

Pls try it at home
>>
>not enjoying Goku/Ryu...nor desert storm guile.

what are you thinking? is there a legitimate reason you don't appreciate awesome colors?
>>
>>3937148
I'd appreciate even more the possibility of selecting the original colours by pressing jab.
>>
>>3937251
like you said, it's just your autism. people were fucking tired already of the same old colors. maybe you didn't play the older games enough to be bothered by it.
>>
>>3936956
>playing fighting games on MAME instead of FBA
>>
>>3936956
Is that your screencap OP? Please tell me you know how to enable scanlines, I can't figure it out.
>>
>>3937275
No, you don't understand that we're actually tired of playing these dubious, fake colours for 20+ years. They could have avoided the REMOVAL of the iconic original colours in what was supposed to be the definitive version of the game. It's utterly stupid.

I did play the original games a lot, and a Ken that isn't red, or a blue-skinned Dhalsim (is he ill?), make no sense to me.
>>
>>3936956
>>3937091
>>3937605
>>3937407
>was there a legitimate reason for this

Yes, to trigger you guys.
>>
fucking autismos, I swear
>>
>>3936956
None of this affects gameplay in any way whatsoever. This is the problem with scrubs playing fighting games.
>>
>>3936956
I'm more annoyed by some of the sound changes. Guile sounds like a massive wimp whenever he uses his sonic boog now.
>>
>>3937796
why have sprites at all and not just wireframe hitboxes mr. esports
>>
>>3937797
>Guile sounds like a massive wimp whenever he uses his sonic boog now.

Guile's voice in SSFII onward is definitely the worst. Don't know what the fuck they were thinking there, his original voice was fine.
>>
>>3937796
>this is a visual medium
>graphics are not important though!!!!

>>3937797
This too, desu.
>>
It's a capcom meme, Darkstalkers 2 also had all the characters color-swapped by default.
>>
>>3936956
>legitimate reason for this

In SF2's heyday arcades were packed with sf2 machines of all variations. I think SSF2 turbo did this so you could tell from 10 feet away that this was a "new" version of street fighter 2, and also to advertise the costume variety feature right off the bat - to force people to take notice.
>>
>>3936982
You're playing Super SF2, not regular.
>>
>>3936982
Iconic now. SF was popular back then but not iconic as of yet. The ideas that characters should be specific colors wasn't as ingrained as say Mario was (even he had some color flops in the early years).
>>
It was a thing Capcom did a few times in order to create an immediate visual indicator that this was a "new" version. Hyper Fighting, Night Warriors and Second Impact also did it.
>>
>>3936965
okay thats interesting
>>
>>3937897

Probably this, it made it seem "special."

They did the same thing for SFII Turbo which was apparently intended as an official bootleg of sorts.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.