[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunset Riders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2139.jpg (29KB, 196x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.jpg
29KB, 196x144px
Anybody remember this classic? I recently redownloaded SNES9X with a huge game pack, and this was not in it. How is this not a mandatory addition to any "must play" SNES list?
>>
Never heard of it OP. but did you know? Mario 2 in the US was actually a game called doki doki panic in Japan, featuring an entirely different cast!
>>
>>3936917
That's fucked up.
>Mario 2 in the US was actually a game called doki doki panic in Japan, featuring an entirely different cast!
Holy fuck!

Know what else blew my mind? I recently found out the guy with green clothes and pink hair isn't called Zelda. His name is link
>>
>>3936919
>Mario 2 in the US was actually a game called doki doki panic in Japan, featuring an entirely different cast!
This is fucking nonsense and only gullible faggots would believe it.
>>
>>3936917
The SNES version is gay. They remove all of the Indian enemies from a level and replace them with white cowboys (only the boss of the level is still an injun). Play the Sega or arcade version and fill those redskins with lead.
>>
>>3936935
Wow!

Did you also know Metroid is a girl? Crazy.
>>
>>3936936
I remember the arcade version, but I never clued in to any discrepancies between it and th SNES version. Of course I was only 8 soo.....
>>
>>3936942
The SNES is a very good port but the original version blows it away
>>
>>3936942
They also remove prostitutes and drinking from the SNES version. Those doors you go into for power-ups are saloons and whorehouses in the arcade version.
>>
>>3936917
SNES version is the worst, it's an inferior version of arcade. Get MAME and play it there.

Also, Sega version has godlike music, even better than arcade for me.
>>
Came here to post that Sunset Riders is one of the best arcade games to ever exist. With arcades dead, it's a lost pleasure that future generations may never know.
>>
>rememba this?
One of my favs on Genesis man. Godlike game.
>>
God Tier:
Arcade Sunset

High Tier:
Mega Drive Sunset

Why Bother Tier:
SNES Sunset
>>
>>3937319
This is the truth.
>>
I wonder if the SNES version has a SFC release. NoJ isn't very conservative with japanese games (western games are other things, though).
>>
>>3937515
It doesn't, Sunset Riders was a North American exclusive for whatever reason.
>>
Probably because the arcade version is better.
>>
YOU ALL RIGHT MA'M?
>>
>>3936917
>How is this not a mandatory addition to any "must play" SNES list?
Because the Arcade version is better.
>>
>>3936917
Because the game goes for an absurd amount of money and if you're going to emulate instead then you're just better off emulating the arcade version.
>>
Hey that's a wicked good hidden gem you got there, OP. Did you guys know that Metroid is really a girl?????
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
BURY ME WITH MAH MONEY
>>
>>3937804
>Marry me
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>3937804
http://burymewithmymoney.com
>>
>>3937517
It has been released in Europe too.

>inb4 "no one cares about Yurop"
>>
>>3937793
>Mario is Italian
>but he's actually Japanese!!!! since a Jap company created it

I N S A N E
>>
>>3938234
I saw in the cartoon Mario is actually from Brooklyn.
>>
>>3938238
>he uses the warp zone to commute between three continents daily

Mario is just too good.
>>
>>3936917
I was just about to fire it up and start working on the 1CC.
Amazing game.

How do you deal with the indian boss as a pistol user? It's my roadblock. I can take him down quickly with a shotgun, but it just frustrates me to think he's sooo much harder with a different character
>>
>>3937718
MAAAAM
>>
>>3938220
I sold my boxed PAL copy for £50 on eBay a few years ago. I don't miss it terribly - it was a fun game but a bit boring. It was no Super Probotector, put it that way.
>>
>>3938841
arcade version, if it matters
>>
>>3938846
ALRIGHT MA'AM. WE *WON'T* SHOODIM!
>>
>>3938852
ME READY FOR POW-WOW
>>
The arcade version is a blast, but I find the home console versions a bit boring compared to it.

But then again, I dodnt really understand why games like this or beat em ups command such high prices in the market. seem kinda redundant after a playthrough or 2. Unlike the strike series or rpgs where you can modify your playthroughs for different experiences.
>>
File: Richard-harrison.png (451KB, 414x451px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-harrison.png
451KB, 414x451px
>tfw there is no sunrise riders a sequel with glorious nippon ninja.

Why even bother with life.
>>
>>3939457
>Cowboys, Ninjas and Samurai fighting bandits, injuns and robots
This is my fetish
>>
File: black ninja.png (753KB, 900x460px) Image search: [Google]
black ninja.png
753KB, 900x460px
>>3939462
Samurai Ninja and monks (one of them need to be black) fighting Dr No's like Cyber evil organization robots in neo japan.

Imagine also the same thing but with 80's 90"s rad characters.
Something like TMNT battletoads or Street sharks.

Like Cowboys but they are actual cow boys mutants. A buffalo or a black bull or shit like that.

Those would be so awesome.
>>
>>3939462
Rising Zan? Johnny No More!
>>
>>3939527
>Rising Zan
Looks like I've got a new game to play.
>>
>>3939398
People wanna impress their friends
"Dude you wanna play an awesome retro co op game?"
"Idk boss sounds kinda gay"
"Ill smoke you out if you do"
"Ok then"
>>
File: 5af955c38d65a6d6133a8e80064c94c8.jpg (806KB, 1697x1101px) Image search: [Google]
5af955c38d65a6d6133a8e80064c94c8.jpg
806KB, 1697x1101px
>>3939539
>>3939462
If you didn't understand what I implied in >>3939507
>>3939457

I will leave you this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6UxFl2Z3g
and This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgogiJ2VrCc
>>
>>3936917
>i recently downloaded some shitty rom set with an emulator and a game was missing. y?
Because you recently downloaded a shitty rom set instead of a good one
>>
>>3936917
There is actually a game store near me that has a CIB copy of that game. Don't see that too often. I can't afford it though. Too much for my taste.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1300x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1300x800px
Sucks a variation of this game didn't make it to home console. I don't know how they ended up with the Sega version in the end. I spent a good amount of time on this game in the arcades.
>>
File: IMG_20170422_215238.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_215238.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3936942
>>3936958
>>3937319
With the price of a home port, I found it less expensive to just buy the arcade PCB.
>>
>>3940447
Show me were you can find PCB of sunset rider as cheap as the megadrive port ?

Or you were lying just to show off with that PCB
>>
>>3940549
>er as cheap as the megadrive port ?
The Genesis version sucks. It's garbage.

Sunset Riders is pushing 75+ on the SNES, you can find an arcade PCB for 150-200 depending.

It is absolutely reaching a point of ridiculousness. When you can get a superior arcade version for just over double the price of the SNES version.

It's sad because these people don't give a shit. I sold my copy of the SNES version to get the Arcade version and nothing of value was lost.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.