[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So...I know the PAL Dreamcast has a 75Hz refresh rate, compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1492747130189.png (39KB, 145x136px) Image search: [Google]
1492747130189.png
39KB, 145x136px
So...I know the PAL Dreamcast has a 75Hz refresh rate, compared to the NTSC's 60. But does that mean the games actually run at 75FPS or it doesn't make a difference?

ps: there should really be a stupid questions threads in this board
>>
>>3936549
nibba, u stoned. Totally out of your mind.
>>
>>3936556
I'm asking because back in like 2010 I used to hear a lot of people say I should make sure I get a PAL Dreamcast instead of a NTSC one, and now i'm wondering if that was retarded or not.
>>
>>3936549
oi it 50hz m8 crikey!
>>
File: 1492738766812.png (478KB, 716x639px) Image search: [Google]
1492738766812.png
478KB, 716x639px
>>3936575
I knew the Genesis was 50Hz but I was led to believe that somehow had changed.

Guess I have some people to punch. Thank god I never pulled the trigger.
>>
>>3936584
most modern games dont even run 24hz
>>
>>3936575
It can run 50 or 60
>>
>>3936587
There's quite a few of Dreamcast games that do tho.
>>
>>3936584
50hz is the standard PAL refresh rate. The DC wasn't any different.
>>
>>3936606
Yeah, I have no issues believing it. I was starting to think it was very weird that the refresh rate would suddenly go up.
>>
>>3936606
Most of the games had PAL 60 selectors.
>>
>>3936691
It was starting to become the standard, but the key word there is starting. Because it wasn't standard yet.

A lot of TVs struggled to do 60, with Sony having the weirdest conversion in cases where it let you causing the entire screen to get greyscaled on a lot of TVs. Even if those TVs could handle other systems running at 60 with no issues.
>>
>>3936740
Sure, but Sega was pretty good at conversions, I only had those problems later on with my PS2.
>>
>>3936549
Most humans can't even see in 60fps, the typical person is around 40-50. 60 is the upper limit, anything beyond that is imperceptible.

There is a similar situation with 4K tvs. Unless they're massive or you're within a few feet of the screen, the difference isn't detectable by humans.
>>
>>3936781
Then how do people fly fighter jets going faster than the speed of fucking sound

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

Your argument makes no sense when you remove video games and replace it with a real world situation.
>>
>>3936549
>>3936606
>50hz is the standard PAL refresh rate. The DC wasn't any different.

Are people ITT out of their minds?!

The Dreamcast PUSHED for 60hz in PAL regions. Sega cared for this stuff and forced devs to include mandatory 50hz AND 60hz options all Dreamcast games.

The Dreamcast set the standard to 60hz for PAL. A lot of early PS2 titles were still 50hz only, but since the Dreamcast had set a new standard, every single PS2 game that came out without a 60hz option was BASHED by both critics and players (think Final Fantasy X...).

Soon after, pretty much every PAL PS2 game came with a 60hz option. All thanks to the Dreamcast.
>>
>>3936869
>Then how do people fly fighter jets going faster than the speed of fucking sound

They rely on a hell of a lot more than just their eyes looking out the window. You couldn't have picked a worse example.
>>
File: 5bc.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
5bc.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>3936781
Go to an electronics store and just look at their 120htz television displays. You have some kind of physical disability if you cannot notice the difference.
>>
>>3936880
That's true, but they do have to take what's outside the window into account

>>3936881
This
>>
>>3936875

Heres your answer,btw stop using a name on an anonymous forum you attention nigger
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.