[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you like that everyone hates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: snes66.png (119KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
snes66.png
119KB, 400x300px
>Played ActRaiser 2
>Expected a very shitty game with pretty sprites
>Ended up loving it

Imo, Actraiser 2 has its problems (the main character is very slow and the jump controls can be a bit tricky to master) but isn't a bad game. Also, the bosses aren't even hard. Pic related, for example, is just:
>Jump, Slash, Jump, Slash, Jump, Slash
>Walk to the left when the cloud begins to suck air
>Use the shield to block blades
>Repeat

I didn't change the difficulty or anything. I expected a nightmare and got a nice game that isn't even very hard.
>>
>>3935025
>isn't a bad game
You lie
>>
I only had Actraiser 2 growing up so when I finally went back to play the first one I could see why people didn't like 2 as much. I think the action stages in 2 are better than 1 but the lack of simulation mode makes it overall not as good.
>>
>>3935025
Sims portion in the first game was never good in the first place, you literally cannot lose and all you do is grind away little imps and solve obvious puzzles.
>>
File: Sparkster_(USA).jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sparkster_(USA).jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>Sparkster genesis the thread

So it's not cool as RKA, /vr/ say? Totally worth the time you spend playing it. Besides, it have enjoyable graphics and music.
>>
>>3935025
Most of Telenet's games (that aren't Valis, Exile and the like)
>>
>>3935025
Why would you use the first boss as an example that the bosses aren't difficult?
>>
>>3935181

I loved it as a kid. It has great atmosphere. It's good... for kids.

But yeah the whole game is mechanically weak. It's great for an easy game, but too easy to be any good for a skilled gamer except as fuel for nostalgia or as a source of good music.

ActRaiser 2 is pretty awesome and people are dumb.
>>
>>3935246
That guy is so laughable. Normally, for some unexplained reason touching enemies hurts you, but not them. This guy is literally on fire and touching him doesn't hurt you.
I think the first boss is a better example, because I bet /vr/ babies thought he was hard.
>>
File: act.jpg (198KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
act.jpg
198KB, 768x672px
>>3935173
I don't, my dear anon. AR2 is totally enjoyable.

>>3935181
>>3935274
>>3935178
Personally, I don't see what makes that simulation mode so good. Imo, it was creative but boring and totally pointless for a action platformer.

>>3935246
See:
>>3935274
Yes, someone actually bitched about that boss on /vr/ and other sites.

>>3935209
My nigga. I prefer the simple level design of SNES Sparkster but Genesis Sparkster is pretty good as well.
>>
>>3935395

I can grant you that the sim portions were easy, and if you had trouble figuring out what to do(which could happen at first), it was boring and annoying.

Pointless? That's where you start treading into shitposting territory, friend. The sim portions helped to cultivate the story that YOU ARE A GOD. You guide your people along, you help cover them as they seal monster lairs, they pray to you for deliverance and bring offerings, etc.

In that spirit, no wonder it was easy...you're in your divine form(effectively). Unlike other wannabes, you ARE invincible.

While Actraiser 2 isn't the shitfest people claim it is, losing the sim portion was a poor move IMO.
>>
>>3935410
The story is cultivated in AR2 through flavor text.
It's not a big loss.
>>
>>3935416
And for some that's fine. For others...not so much. I guess it's a matter of preferring 'hands on approach' to 'hands off'.
>>
>>3935410

You're invincible but your people are not. There's no reason why you shouldn't have a difficult time growing their settlements, with some danger that they will be completely destroyed. Sure you're a god, but you're clearly not an absolutely all-powerful one, and also, there seems to be another god-level entity opposing you.

The town sections are pretty great for a player with low standards for mechanical challenge. But for anybody else they're just a sketch of something great, and they mainly amount to busywork.

Removing them could be better or worse than keeping them, depending on the player. But refining them would have been the best option.
>>
>>3935209
Unironically my favourite game in the series.
This claim makes many a RKA fan seething with rage for some reason.
>>
>>3935553
>>3935268
The western version's difficulty was nerfed both in the sim and action segments. Check out the Japanese release (I think Aeon Genesis did a translation) for the true game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.