[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

So, I bought this PS1 almost two years ago. It was working just perfectly (I was playing Pandemonium! when this happened) when all of a sudden the graphics start to bug harshly and everything flickered. The 3D models remained almost the same (for some odd reason) but the letters and other sprites were ruined. Thinking it was just a minor glitch, I restarted the game. When it turns on again, the entire "Sony Interactive" screen and PS1 screens are ruined, as well as the games themselves. What happened? I tried everything (like changing TVs, swapping the AV cable for the PS2 one) but it remains like this. Any help? I dis-assembled the PS1 with my father (who was the one who repeteadly repaired my original PS1 back when I was little) but this time it was impossible. Everything seems perfect and there is not a welding problem in the AV input plug in the back. It is not the BIOS or else only the pre-game section would be fucked up. Any help? Pic is what happened.
>>
>>
>>
It's just an Australian PSX. Region locking and all that.
>>
>>3933650
? I tried removing the modchip, but it keeps giving me the same video error. Could it be a problem with the graphic chip?
>>
>>3933579
bIgASfgf!ou

"big as fug FOR YOU" but as a tripcode
>>
>>3933578
What does it say?
>>
>>3933579
>>3933661
lol it's fucked - you could try reflowing the gpu if you know how to do that sort of thing but you should probably just get another one and put the chip in that one.
>>
>>3933970
Okay, good to know that there is no fix. Could you at least tell me what broke? Like...what happened? I have had TONS of errors before with Playstation, however I had never encountered this before.
>>
File: 1447726727928.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447726727928.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>3934058
your modchip broke your ps1 genius
>>
File: 1452952227991.jpg (3KB, 84x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452952227991.jpg
3KB, 84x125px
>>3934247

I am not a mister know-it-all as this is the first time I have ever encountered this error. Hell, if the bios had corrupted itself I would have known.
>>
File: jazzclub_nice.gif (1MB, 287x206px) Image search: [Google]
jazzclub_nice.gif
1MB, 287x206px
>>3933578
>>3933579
>>3933584
I think you should sell it for big bucks to some circuit-bending trustfund hipster douchebag.
>>
Which modchip does it have?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.