[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to play BLOOD OMEN? PC or PS1? Is the PSN release good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BLOOD OMEN.jpg (383KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD OMEN.jpg
383KB, 666x666px
>>
>>3933464
PC
4 times bigger field of view, better everything

You need this to get it running on Win7 tho.
http://www.thelostworlds.net/HowTo/Running_Blood_Omen_on_Windows_XP_and_Vista.html
>>
Not playing it.

Seriously, if you want to play one game you'll have to play the entire series.
I hope you have time and will for that.
>>
>>3933536
Not OP, but I've played the whole series. I quit after Defiance though. I haven't bothered getting my hopes up for anything else to come with it. They should've released Dead Son under a different series title, but whatever.
>>
>>3933564
you dont quit after defiance, defiance is the last game.
>>
>>3933564

>Dead Son
When the typo is actually accurate. Kek

OP, the only thing bad about the PS1 version to me, is the audio which sucks ASS. It's so muffled that some of Simon Templeman's subtle volume variations make the words a total mistery to decipher. That shit needed better sound and subtitles.
>>
>>3934867
i've used pro logic to improve games with poor stereo mixing, you could try it.
>>
>>3933536
>if you want to play one game you'll have to play the entire series.

where on the spectrum is your autism?
>>
>>3933536
If he's never played it before, it would be a positive experience.

BO is janky, but acceptable.
SR1 is amazing. Jank early 3D and slowdowns nonwithstanding. Bosses are all interesting and fun.
SR2 is pretty great, but lacks some gameplay refinement, having only one long series real boss battles that all happen at the end of the game (and they are not great).
Defiance is approaching excellent, and has a few fantastic moments that save it from the lesser moments.
BO2 is a shitheap, but it has some fun boss battles.

It's a damn shame the series is not only dead, but the corpse has been raped at a few times too.
>>
>>3934986
>BO is janky, but acceptable.
>SR1 is amazing, Bosses are all interesting and fun.
>>
Blood Omen feels like poor man's Link to Past
SR1 is great
>>
>>3934996
It's true.
SR1 was amazing for its time. It still had the problem of being a full 3D world on PS1 tier hardware, which means it will be jank.

BO was jankier. Loading times out the ass, bugs, shit combat, boring bosses, and horrible equipment management.
It's still worth playing, but it's not that great as a game. It's acceptable. The story and Simon Templeton & Tony Jay's voice acting make it better than it should be.
>>
PC in this case.
>is the PSN version good?
PSN PS1 Classics are just emulation and you can get a more accurate experience with a free program and your own backup, such as mednafen.
>>
>>3934986
Nosgoth was alright if you like that sort of game. It's dead now though.
>>
>>3935086
>playing the PS1 versions
>BO has shit combat and bosses but not SR1
>>
>>3934986

SR as a series is literal garbage. It's the ultimate in style over substance games.
>>
>>3935461
Is there particular part of the game you want /v/ to recite to you b4 bed?
>>
File: bloodomnicide04.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px)
bloodomnicide04.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>3933464

Blood Omnicide is the best HD port that works on modern windows. All you need is the CD-Rom or the ISO file and the Blood Omnicide installer (Just follow the install instructions). Its not 100% complete but definitely worth playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW4m1QOWOY0

http://omnicide.razorwind.ru/en/game/dl/release.html
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.