[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell should I play EarthBound?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Mr Saturn.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Saturn.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Why the hell should I play EarthBound?
>>
File: dosei_thumb.gif (10KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
dosei_thumb.gif
10KB, 200x240px
Because of Mr. Saturn, isn't it obvious?
>>
File: 1490129665824.png (884KB, 1214x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1490129665824.png
884KB, 1214x1074px
>>3933164
It's quirky, and it takes place in America. That's pretty much all it has and ever had. That's why it has such a big fanbase, even though the games are total feces.

Because it's quirky and takes place in America.
>>
>>3933164
why not
>>
Because everyone has already played it at this point and you're not in the know.

It's similar to the effects of being home-schooled or having religious parents.
>>
>>3933173
I like Mother series because the music was made by Keiichi Suzuki, I was a big fan of him since long before knowing about Mother.
Also, I like Dragon Quest, so I like Mother's gameplay.

Why do you think the games are "total feces"? I mean with actual arguments, I don't care about your personal opinion.
>>
File: right.png (41KB, 272x299px)
right.png
41KB, 272x299px
>>3933186
>Why do you think
>I don't care about your personal opinion.
Well gosh anon, I don't have a whole lot to tell you if you want me to meet those requirements.
>>
>>3933179
This. I've gotta play it too. I was close to finishing Earthbound awhile back but I dropped it and lost my save file.
>>
>>3933164

Because it is a great game despite being loved by hipsters who drove up the price of the game to beyond insanity.
>>
>>3933192
You can explain why you think a game is a "fece" with objective arguments (if there's any).
Asking why do you think something is bad, but making clear that you don't care about their personal (subjective) opinion is fine.
>>
>>3933164
It's a nice jrpg that is simple but deviates from others in its writing and plot. The first two games focus less on story then the third game does, I recommend looking into them.

>>3933676
He hasn't played it. I don't trust anyone here who shits on it without explaining what they didn't like, probably just a parrot.
>>
>>3933771
I've played it. I hate boring Dragon Quest style combat.
>>
because when you expect nothing of it, it is quite an oddball little game but since you have ruined your perception with some sort of expectation then you will only be unimpressed when you eventually play it
>>
>>3933942
I actually think about this sometimes and wonder if I got lucky. I discovered the game from seeing Ness in Smash Bros when I was like 10, and I had a chance to play the game before its fanbase was anywhere near the size it is now, and I was never even aware of it until years later. I really had no expectations, so when I found it and genuinely loved it, I thought, naively, that I had stumbled upon a gem that nobody knew about.

Honestly, it's a pretty overrated game, but I only say that because of how many people there are who act like it's a fucking masterpiece. It's an interesting and charming game and I love it. But it's really not that deep, and I think its significance is ridiculously overstated.
>>
If you like DQ and want similar gameplay with a different tone, and a warped glimpse at what a japanese memester thinks America is like.

It doesn't have much substance, don't listen to redditors, but it's still very good.
>>
>>3933976
>>3933942
I kept hearing on and on about Earthbound for way too many years now. I heard all the fan theories years before I even actually played the game, the shit started to get annoying. For the longest while I didn't even want to give the game a chance out of spite, but I'm so glad I caved in.

Then I played the game and instantly got hooked, the quirky shit is just perfect, the sound and graphical design are just top notch, I love surreal shit so I was super excited for the Saturn Village and Moonside. Half the fun were also the psychedelic backgrounds and enemy sprites. However despite knowing this game is pretty light on the grind for a jRPG, it still has more grind than i enjoy. Not even an american, yet the starting town reminded me of my own town. Eagleland will have a special place in my heart even if I played the game recently.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.