[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honestly, i think sega had the right idea with the saturn. 5th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: saturnjapan.jpg (110KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
saturnjapan.jpg
110KB, 1024x682px
honestly, i think sega had the right idea with the saturn. 5th gen as a whole should have been 2.5D and then 6th gen should have been the first full 3D gen. if that had happened the transition between 2D to 3D would have been a lot smoother and you would have less games that didnt control well and/or games that graphically looked bad at the time it came out. it also would have been a less of a confusing time for companies who were making consoles, because if you think about all of the 5th gen consoles ( and theres a lot more than you think) have made a major fuck up with their respective console except for sony and even then the ps1 still has its issues.
>>
>except for sony
Sony's fifth gen fuck up was using incredibly bad lasers in their disc drives.
>>
>>3933140
>still had its issues

and yeah it was bad but that wasnt a permanent problem, they later fixed it.
>>
Granted I was a kid when I played Saturn I thought it was amazing. Best memory was beating the game D with my mom. Great times I'll never forget it.
>>
But Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on N64 was infinitely better than the PS2 Goemon.

I dunno, I think everything happened for a reason. By 1995 people wanted 3D and were sick of 2D. Games like Sega arcades in the early 90s like virtua fighter, virtua racing and daytona USA helped the hype.
Some games did 3D better than others, but 5th gen and that stage of 3D gaming has its place in history.

I don't necessarily prefer 6th gen 3D to 5th gen, it greatly depends on the developers, like the Goemon example I gave.
Obviously technology was a bit better later, but you know what? Kids today (who started gaming with 6th or 7th gen) find going back to 6th gen as awful as you find it going back to 5th.

It's a matter of being able to appreciate individual games, instead of putting them all in the same bag per generation.
>>
File: Msfs1.00_000.png (13KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Msfs1.00_000.png
13KB, 640x400px
>>3933136
>Console gaming
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.