[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Any recommendations on where to start with this series? Should I start with the TG16CD version of I+II, the PSP version of I+II, or one of the later entries?
>>
File: 1404942719808.jpg (607KB, 2158x1961px) Image search: [Google]
1404942719808.jpg
607KB, 2158x1961px
Steam version is good
>>
>>3929385
thanks mate
>>
Maybe try both the PCE and the Eternal/Complete/Chronicle version and decide which style you prefer.
>>
>>3929338
Play the PC Engine version, it has better music.
>>
File: wp2-1920x1200 (2).jpg (441KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wp2-1920x1200 (2).jpg
441KB, 1920x1200px
>>3929338
Check out Ys I & II Chronicles+ on GOG/Steam. It's arguable the best release of Ys I & II to date, combining elements from both 2001's Complete (such as the classic frame with greater viewing area) and Chronicles PSP. There's also different artwork/soundtrack options too, so you can play around with these and stick with the one you prefer.

After that, play the rest of the games in release order.

>>3929385
Man, this picture is outdated as hell (e.g. Ys V is already fan-translated). Why you guys don't bother to investigate before posting this is beyond me.

>>3929460
It's interesting, but lacks tracks like Protectors and all the unused PC-88 music that got used in Eternal/Complete/Chronicles. Funny story: Koshiro thought that Yonemitsu's PC Engine CD renditions of his tracks ruined his original intention.
>>
I've only ever played the Ark engine trilogy and Seven, and loved every second of them. Absolutely fantastic games, for what it's worth practically nothing considering this is the retro board.
>>
>>3929385
YS 1 & 2 on Steam is so amazing.

I haven't played the TG-16 version of it though so I can't be entirely qualified.
>>
It's hard to pick because I played them when they first came out, so my retro feels keep me from giving great advice, but gameplay on the first 3 games is pretty basic so I'm sure it doesn't suffer much in modern versions. TG 16 music is pretty rad + cutscenes compared to famicom. But since the gameplay is so basic you should probably just start with whatever you can get your hands on easiest.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.