[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Retro Jrpgs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

I am currently in a mood for some comfy old games, im thinking about getting Breath of fire 4, or Skies of Arcadia. Are these Games as good as they look? Are they fun at all?
And what other PSX games are gems i missed?
>>
Never played BoF4 for more than an hour but it does seem cozy, I'm probably going back to it at some point.

SoA is in a way, although I don't really find sunny skies all that cozy in general. Doesn't mean it's not an amazing game.
>>
SOA is awesome but the high encounter rate kills the comfy somewhat

BOF4 is far comfier
>>
>>3925402
ok thanks, i will look if its in the PS Store
>>
File: 51-Breath_of_Fire_IV_02465.jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
51-Breath_of_Fire_IV_02465.jpg
109KB, 640x480px
>>3925348
>>3925372
>>3925402
>BoFIV
>"comfy"
Maybe the first chapter but after that it's anything but.
>>
>>3925501
i just realy want to play some games that get me the feeling like i had when playing FF 6.
I never experienced something similar again, there was so much love that went into that game, soundtrack, characters. I just dont see much "soul" in other games.
>>
Dragon Quest 5 is the comfiest
>>
>>3925521
>Dragon Quest 5
PS 2 Version?
>>
>>3925530
Whatever version. Personally I dislike playing DQ remakes since they always casualize them. After DQ2 there is really no reason to increase exp gain or whatever.
>>
>>3925520

BOF4 will rip out your heart, feed it to a dog and then shoot the dog
>>
File: 250px-ArcadiaDC.png (147KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
250px-ArcadiaDC.png
147KB, 250x255px
I find Skies of Arcadia to be quite comfy despite its somewhat forced linear play.

Currently playing it now
>>
File: CQj9rhUU8AEDjtk.jpg orig.jpg (56KB, 499x706px) Image search: [Google]
CQj9rhUU8AEDjtk.jpg orig.jpg
56KB, 499x706px
Hanging out at your headquarters and talking to your allies is always maximum comfy in Suikoden games.

Also that music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GioZtomHWes
>>
>>3925938
I'll second this anon. The pace is great and you never linger in one area for too long, the dialogue and cutscenes are quick and too the point, leveling system is genius as it gives you the ability to use different characters as you can level up to being useful in no time, and side quest are rewarding as you either obtain new playable characters, vendors, or other conveniences that make them worthwhile inclusions that provide plenty of short term goals preventing player fatigue
>>
breath of fire 3 is much more comfy.
>>
>>3925969
>>3925938
you need a missable walkthrough tho, but yes max comfy.
>>
>>3925348
SoA is great and sailing around is super comfy, although there's a lot of random battles. It's not a PlayStation game though.

I liked Grandia, it was pretty relaxing to play.
>>
>>3925520
Seriously this >>3925730

Maybe the first chapter but the game is never ending gut punch from about chapter 2 to the very end. The good ending to this day has left fans outraged, so much so the game is quite infamous for how ruthless it is. Its good, but not comfy.
>>
>>3925348
>comfy

Can't really go wrong with Skies of Arcadia, Grandia and Lunar.
I always think about those three when people mention feel-good games.
>>
>>3925348
SOA is great. Don't bother with the BOF/Suikoden series unless you've exhausted your options.
>>
File: CQj9rlZU8AA8GR1.jpg orig.jpg (60KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
CQj9rlZU8AA8GR1.jpg orig.jpg
60KB, 496x700px
>>3926003
I think character recruiting guide is fair game, considering how ridiculous some of the requirements.
>>
>>3925752
This. The flavor text on almost every background object is really amusing and makes the world feel very real. Easily my favorite JRPG.

>>3925938
That music is anything but comfy...
>>
File: CXKP2b3UMAA4Ewg.jpg orig.jpg (41KB, 567x265px) Image search: [Google]
CXKP2b3UMAA4Ewg.jpg orig.jpg
41KB, 567x265px
>>3926385
>That music is anything but comfy...
What, is it too loud? I thought it was comfy enough to accompany your character exploring the castle and hanging out with your fishermen, giving new recipes to your cook, leering at your runemaster or visiting the tavern.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.