[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: goldn.jpg (67KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
goldn.jpg
67KB, 500x324px
Daily reminder if you nostalgizm all over the place over N64, you may never again criticize any game over bad framerate.
>>
>>3924752
I always wished the guards wouldn't disappear. The pile of bodies would have reached the ceiling in no time.
>>
>>3924781
>I always wished the guards wouldn't disappear. The N64 would have crashed from running out of memory in no time.
>>
>FPS
>console

not worth the talk
>>
>>3924905
FPS games developed specifically for console work fine
>>
I was playing GoldenEye for the first time and the framerate was so bad it made me wonder if my N64 was defective

Fuck this game, Syphon Filter beats it to a pulp
>>
man n64 sux
>>
>It's another N64 hate thread

Digital Foundry proved that Goldeneye runs between 15 to 20 FPS on average, which is actually better than a lot of other 3D games in that generation.
>>
>retro games should be judged the same as modern games
i see. kys
>>
>>3924928
>autoaim
>oddjob being soooo IMBA because autoaim works worse on him
No, they do not.
>>
>>3925054
It's a 3D FPS with free movement, it's a modern game, nigga. What game are you going to call retro next, Far Cry?
>>
>>3925018
Maybe other console games. Dark Forces II had no problems with framerate even on lackluster hardware.
>>
>>3925083
>Dark Forces II had no problems with framerate even on lackluster hardware.
lol

http://vintage3d.org/rgraph/jedi320ave.php
>>
>>3925078
> complains about console's autoaim
> pc fps like doom and blood all have autoaim

Sure. Now go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>3925081
GoldenEye's gameplay is a hybrid of modern FPS with mouselook and Wolfenstein style classic FPS. It has more in common with DOOM than any modern shooter.
>>
This game has aged pretty badly visually. But the game play is fun, they really took the time to put in all those different animations for shooting the Russians in different body parts. I had fun shooting everyone in the dick.
>>
Last night I thought the ATI Rage in my new retro gaming laptop would be able to run Deus Ex at the screen's native 1024x768 without dropping TOO many frames but when shit drops below 15fps even I start getting uncomfortable.
>>
>>3925184
Deus Ex is gonna run a lot worse than 15 FPS at 1024x768 on a fucking ATI Rage dude
>>
What's the consensus on the PS1 Medal of Honors?
>>
I imagine if we all still gamed on CRTs with 640x480 being the max resolution we'd have reached the singularity of gaming graphics by now
>>
>>3925184
You got the wrong gpu, the unreal engine that deus ex uses has always favored 3dfx, glide renderer is fastest.
>>
>>3925214
unreal engine always favored fast cpu's. It was meant as a software renderer only at the beginning before they hacked some glide support. Even a top dog cpu in 2000 could not run the starting level smooth
>>
>>3925223
deus ex makes it even worse though since its probably the most complex use of the engine.
>>
>>3925223
Glide still runs better than the directx/opengl in it, benchmarks don't lie.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia,87-10.html
>>
>>3925081
>1997 console game
>modern
you aren't even trying to be subtle.
>>
>>3925194
I like them a lot
>>
>>3925189
Yeah it ran at like 3fps but it runs acceptably in 800x600 for some reason.

>>3925214
Well my retro desktop has a 3DFX in it so I'm enjoying messing with a retro ATI card. I could never afford to get into this stuff back in the day and even now this is just some $10 laptop I picked up at a thrift store that was from the appropriate era and seemed complete and functional.

>>3925223
It's from 2002 but it's just a P2, 800mhz I think. My desktop is a P4. I suppose I should be happy it runs nicely at all (I chose Deus Ex to really stress it).
>>
>>3926284
Me too.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.