[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

toploader vs toaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: nes.jpg (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nes.jpg
108KB, 800x600px
which one do you think is better /vr/
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
AV Famicom.

I like the "toaster's" pad better though. Never liked the dogbone.
>>
>>3924659
If you aren't too retarded to composite or RGB mod your toploader or can get someone to do it
then the Toploader wins by miles if you ask me.
The Frontloader is pretty much an unfixable piece of shit thanks to the cartridge port and the only reason people still want them is nostalgia.
Sure you could get one of those blinking light wins nowadays but then you'll have to deal with the fact that these grip cartridges like the devil and the plastic housing of the Frontloader leaves you like 1cm of cartridge to actually pull on.
Even so, the objectively best console variation to get still is the AV Famicom with an adapter if you wanna play NES stuff.
>>
>>3924659
The toaster NES.

Given that it has been modded with the region free mod, ENIO Expansion Board and most importantly, the Blinking Light Win.

NESRGB mod is optional depending on whether you want the clearest picture or not.

You can be happy with just composite and most people think that NESRGB is a meme.

It is still the prettiest looking NES unless you count any of the Famicom.

The Famicom is still superior and I recommend an original Famicom with the very simple composite mod or the NESRGB and you may also want an NES controller to Famicom expansion port adapter.
>>
>>3924685
>The Frontloader is pretty much an unfixable piece of shit thanks to the cartridge port

I fixed mine when I first got it over a decade ago and it still works flawlessly. Nice overexaggeration to justify your choice to yourself.
>>
>>3924704
You can say what you want but even if it's still working for you it all depends on how much use the 72-pin connector gets.
Sooner or later it will begin to wear out and why would I feel the need to justify it for myself when I prefer neither of the two?
>>
>>3924659
AV Famicom, my friend.
>>
>>3924685
How fat are your fingers that you can't get them in the cartridge slot?
>>
>toaster
>not VCR
ITT: youngfags
>>
>>3925340
>not growing up with a front loading single slice toaster
>>
>>3925340
Toasters are way older than VCRs
>>
>>3925902
But both are older than the NES - and the front loading NES was designed to resemble a VCR (and not like an Atari)
>>
>>3924659
I still like the front loader.
>>
>>3925965
I still find it strange the rest of the world got the front loader NES instead of the famicom, when the NES designed just for america. Maybe it would have sold well in Europe etc if we got the famicom.
>>
>>3925340
>loads from front, unlike toasters
>is called a toaster
>loads from top, like all toasters
>is not called the toaster
>>
>>3928015
It's just the underages getting confused by the term "NES on a toaster", which refers to electronics/appliances that use chips originally designed for bootleg consoles. Unfortunately, the misuse has slowly gotten more and more commonplace.
>>
>>3928000
Could be why we ended up getting the Japanese design for the SNES.
>>
classic mini
>>
>>3928053
what? Are you talking about Famiclones? Which are commonly called NOACs, for Nintendo On A Chip. I've never heard of a NOAT.
>>
>>3924685
Blinking Light Win exists tough.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.