[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this part in Super Mario 64 stress anyone else the fuck out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: e433.png (425KB, 637x448px) Image search: [Google]
e433.png
425KB, 637x448px
Did this part in Super Mario 64 stress anyone else the fuck out?
>>
Not that part. The poison cave really got to me as a kid though.

And the boo house actually scared the bejeesus out of me. I refused to go there after getting the first star of the place.

I was kind of a pussy when I was a kid.
>>
>>3923908
No but the Tick Tock Clock level pisses me off, the camera is at is worst on that level
>>
>>3923908
Yeah, when I was a kid those jumps scared me
>>
>>3923957
Yeah, Big Boo's Haunt scared me as a kid. What was worse was that one ghost that that stays in the hallway leading to the courtyard, you'd have to pass by that scary thing every time while going to the castle basement.
>>
>>3924306
He disappears once you get the first star from bbh.

I always tried to catch the fucker on a new file. Eventually reached him but nothing happens when you touch him.
>>
>>3923908
I think that's one of the hardest jumps in the game.
>>
The jumps aren't difficult, but I always try to long jump twice in succession and I fuck it up like 5 times before just jumping across normally.
>>
>>3923971
There's absolutely nothing that bad about the camera unless you attempt to play SM64 as if it were a modern game.
>>
>>3924935
What you mean actually trying to move?
>>
File: what-was-his-endgame.jpg (59KB, 573x360px) Image search: [Google]
what-was-his-endgame.jpg
59KB, 573x360px
>>3924943
Trying to move the camera, sure. It was designed to tweak the viewport, not to control it.

Could it have been implemented better on hindsight? yup; but they were breaking new ground back then, and they believed that trumping tank controls with view-relative analog controls would be more than enough.
>>
File: sm64coin.jpg (86KB, 1260x928px) Image search: [Google]
sm64coin.jpg
86KB, 1260x928px
>>3923908
Getting the full coin count in HMC is a fucking nightmare overall, and all those damned holes don't make it any less annoying.

Tall Tall Mountain is probably worse though
>>
File: ttm.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ttm.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>3924854
oh hai
>>
>>3925091
Fuck those mushrooms. The last time I played SM64, I was going to get all the stars. Once I got to that particular one, I said fuck it and beat Bowser. I didn't even bother with Rainbow Ride or the clock because fuck levels that have no floor.
>>
This game has a shit camera and there is no way around it.

The whole difficulty of Mario 64 comes from the camera doing whatever it wants.
The Bowser stages with fixed camera were a breeze because Mario can be controlled really well.
>>
>>3924984
why would you even care about getting the full coin count?
>>
>>3924984
it's actually possible to get 255 coins in every level with glitches,
>>
>>3923908
Long jump, nigga.
>>
>>3923971
Tick Tock clock is borderline game-breaking, but that island level is truly the turd sandwich of the game. Those two are the reason I know for a fact that the game was rushed.
>>
>>3925346
It's something to do.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.