[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better fighter on any 16bit console?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

Is there a better fighter on any 16bit console?
>>
Gundam Wing Endless Duel
>>
File: british-bathrooms-irl.gif (1MB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
british-bathrooms-irl.gif
1MB, 500x690px
>>3922845
Street Fighter Alpha 2 is way more fun
>>
>>3922845
Street Fighter II Turbo is the superior SNES version
>>
File: camham.gif (22KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
camham.gif
22KB, 190x200px
>>3922862
>>3922886

No Cammy-- No Deal
>>
Mortal Kombat II
>>
The one on the genesis because you can actually play with a proper controller
>>
>>3922850
I love the game but fuck me if Epyon and Mercurious wasn't overclocked with horseshit
>>
>>3922886
Correct. I could never put my finger on it but I now know that Super had compressed audio. Turbo sounds so much more satisfying.
Looking forward to USFII on Switch
>>
>>3922845
That Yuu Yuu HAkusho game on the genesis. You can do aerial raves in that...
>>
>>3924160

Not to mention after playing Turbo it's hard to go back to the slowness of vanilla SF2 speed, why was Capcom so retarded not to make SSF2 Turbo the first time?
>>
>>3922845
Plenty on neogeo.
>>3922850
mah nigga
>>
File: 1480202367511.png (618KB, 831x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1480202367511.png
618KB, 831x1177px
>>
>>3924256
super sf2 turbo wasn't on 16 bit iirc.

sf2 turbo had less slowdown. but yeah, the extra characters in super versus a smoother game. hmm...
>>
>>3925121
>>
Street Fighter II Turbo was better than Super Street Fighter II.

When SSFII came out I traded my copy SFIIT for it. I rebought SFIIT the next week and barely played SSFII again.

Fucking Big Bird announcer and Guile voice.
>>
>>3922862
Alpha 2 is a technically impressive port on SNES but it is a terrible version of the game.
>>
>>3925218
At least there's an msu-1 patch that fixes music, but nothing's going to fix those jarring pauses before and after a match.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qypKG7MEqPI
>>
>>3925230

I remember the first time I tried it I was like WTF is this, loading time on a cartridge?!
>>
>>3925210
read my post again.

street fighter 2 turbo WAS on 16 bit systems

SUPER street fighter 2 turbo WAS NOT.
>>
>>3925263
Why did Crapcom's US subsidiary decided to give the fifth SF2 game a confusing title? They should've left it Super SF2X.
>>
>>3925298
yes!

16 bit?
SF2 yes
SF Alpha 2 yes
SF2 Turbo yes
Super SF2 yes
Super SF2 Turbo no
>>
Super Street Fighter II Turbo wasn't on any 16bit console, you fags. Obviously it's better than SSF2.
>>
>>3923725
Don't tell me the music in that game wasn't absolutely atrocious. Ken's stage really took it on the chin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VV90oHZ1Sk
>>
>>3922850
Someone should smuggle this into EVO this year. Make a side tournament.
>>
>>3925636
I'm a Mega Drive fanboy, but this is really bad, indeed.

What's surprising is that Ken had a rather solid version in the Mega Drive version of SF2' SCE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-bgVdPj3og
>>
>>3925640
It won't be part of the tournament, but lots of people there play it on the side like they do other fighters.
>>
File: Shaq Fu-Super Nintendo.jpg (26KB, 275x195px) Image search: [Google]
Shaq Fu-Super Nintendo.jpg
26KB, 275x195px
>>3922845
Of course there is.

Behold, the best fighting game of any console.
>>
File: 1181242173137.png (8KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
1181242173137.png
8KB, 384x224px
>>3925298
Pragmatism.

Adding "Turbo" to the title had previously been successful in taking your quarters.

They also did add hyper fighting.
>>
File: Just_emulate.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Just_emulate.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
>>3922845
For 16-bit consoles, I would agree with >>3924229 either Garou or Last Blade 2 on the NeoGeo would better. Sorry about the pic, I cannot afford a NeoGeo.

SSF2 on SNES/Gen had Cammy which I always approve of (but I main charge characters) but I spent more time on base Turbo on SNES. I think the sounds and overall feel of SF2T on SNES is a bit more "solid" than SSF2 on SNES.

>>3925636
>>3925650
I think Capcom put their C-team (not even B-team) on the Genesis ports. Even when Sega has the rights to reprogram Capcom games for their own Genesis port, they tend to mess up something. I am impressed with Pyron's recoloring of some of the games, and the voice driver patch for SF2T:
https://youtu.be/M68RcXjiFNI
Sadly no one has redone the music for the Genesis SSF2 yet to my knowledge, but once that happens, I'd probably want one of those Chinese bootlegs to be made with all those ROM hacks combined for the Genesis.

>>3925640
>>3925817
I swear I saw the stream of the side tournament of Endless Duel a couple EVOs back on the anime fighters side streams or salty suite stream.
>>
Yeah, they're called SNK games.
>>
>>3926742
>I swear I saw the stream of the side tournament of Endless Duel a couple EVOs back on the anime fighters side streams or salty suite stream.

Highly likely, yes. Sometimes the side stuff is even more fun than the main event at these tourneys.
>>
>>3925636
>>3925650
Oh, what could have been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgopUbZ3BH8
>>
>>3925218
i really wanted the pal copy of this game, finally got but payed way to much
>>
>>3926804
Thanks to you I'm now listening to rearranged music for Mega Drive, and there is amazing stuff out there.

This Star Fox theme is literally better than the original SNES one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBVtfqGU9ig
>>
>>3924203

I thought SSF2 was an American made version, whereas Turbo and Super Turbo were Japanese.
>>
File: mame64_2017_04_16_15_32_32_175.png (29KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
mame64_2017_04_16_15_32_32_175.png
29KB, 920x690px
>>3927430
Nah, Super Turbo was called Super Street Fighter 2x: Grand Master Challenge for the japs.

For that version they actually toned down the input reading and it's easier.

Either that, or it's a bug in the World/USA version that changing the difficulty doesn't do shit.
>>
No love for the PC Engine/Turbografx version of Champion Edition? For a machine that was technically 8-bit that's a heck of a port. Up there with the SNES port of Alpha 2. I still have my Megadrive version of Super and it's a good one. The music is a bit choppy and the colours are washed out, but it plays well.
>>
>>3927692

I know they were released worldwide but I am saying that SSF2 was American -made- and that's why it was worse.

I know people at Capcom's American subsidiary made characters like Deejay for sure.
>>
>>3927787
It was Turbo/Hyper Fighting (the third version, the one that first sped things up and the last version on the original CPS1 hardware) that was made by the American division. It was made VERY quickly as a spur of the moment reaction to the bootlegs of Champion Edition that were flooding the market. Super was actually already in development, but they wanted to put something out quickly before that to help get customers back from all those pirates.
>>
>>3924203
SSF2 started development not long after Champion Edition was released. So at that point there was no speed up. But then bootlegged versions of Champion Edition started flooding the market and destroying Capcom's market share. Super wouldn't be ready for a while yet, since it was going to be on next gen hardware, and had 4 new characters to be made. So in the meantime, they threw together Turbo in a couple months to act as a stopgap measure, throwing in some rebalancing and a few gimmicks nicked from the bootlegs themselves, like faster speed and the ability to do some moves midair.
>>
>>3927853
But by the time SSF2 came out, reactions to it were lukewarm, not only because players had accepted the higher speed of Turbo, but because the SF2 formula was gettign stale, and other good fighters from other companies were coming out (in particular SSF2 lost a lot of business to Fatal Fury Special). It was only after that that Capcom decided to go ahead and release yet another version, this time restoring the turbo speed, as well as adding several new mechanics to change up the gameplay a bit.

One more thing to note is that while all this was going on, back as far as shortly after Champion Edition's release, Darkstalkers and X-Men Children of the Atom were already in development. The SF2 updates were basically side projects while those two big new projects were being made.
>>
>>3927867
Speaking of Darkstalkers and 16 bit consoles, I read somewhere that there were early plans for an SNES port of Darkstalkers. I can't imagine it having worked out, though. It only barely managed to run SFA2, which didn't have quite as much animation.
>>
>>3927024
Yeah, it's a pretty great scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6gpNOuRaTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaczFXmd7I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5TQB-hyTw
>>
>>3927882
As soon as yesterday (before stumbling upon these videos), I was wondering how I could "hack" my old Mega Drive to make music with the FM synth inside.

So how do they do?
>>
>>3927918
They probably just use VSTs, there are VSTs that emulate FM chips and it's possible to extract instrument data from games and feed them to those VSTs.
>>
>>3927918
There are a variety of ways, and there was even an official one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlbKdzgF_3k
>>
>>3927787
Capcom of America created DeeJay otherwise there was going to be a Fei Long palette swap there instead.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.