[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front Mission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Front_Mission_3_Coverart[1].png (138KB, 256x254px) Image search: [Google]
Front_Mission_3_Coverart[1].png
138KB, 256x254px
Can we have a FM thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLIoVhSRguk
>>
As far as I know, this is the best game in the series. Anyone disagree?
>>
>>3921460
Lots of customization, but overall I found it too easy. I would spend a lot of time min-maxing my shit and tweaking the mechs just right, only to feel that it wasn't necessary at all to beat the game. Never really felt threatened once in a whole playthrough. So the gameplay is great, I just wish it challenged you more. Hows the SNES FM? I want to get a copy but it's pretty expensive. Could always emulate though
>>
>>3921460
except for the crash bugs and the fact that it takes such a huge amount of time to play
>>
>>3921460
I've heard a lot of complaints about 3 due to changes in the battle system. Only played 1 though.
>>
>>3920924
Anyone else dislike MC? I remember him as being super whiny, but haven't played since it came out
>>
File: ROFLUPMAO.jpg (5KB, 80x100px) Image search: [Google]
ROFLUPMAO.jpg
5KB, 80x100px
>>3921526
He just has autism

Ryoga makes up for it
>>
>>3921460
I prefer 2 and 5 over 3. 3 is too easy and lacks large scale battles. Still a pretty good game though.

>>3921480
>Hows the SNES FM?
It's decent, but being the first in the series, it's pretty basic. It does setup a lot of stuff story-wise. In terms of difficulty, it starts off challenging but immediately nosedives when your pilots start learning skills. There is a DS port that adds a lot of stuff.

>>3921481
>crash bugs
Use a different emulator? I had a lot of crashes during battles when I used pSX.

>it takes such a huge amount of time to play
Turn on battle skip.
>>
>>3921553
Is the DS port preferable to the SNES original?

Which would be better for a first-timer?
>>
>>3921480
I emulated the snes game not too long ago, the game is ok at best, the music was pretty good though. Anyways, the game can be a little rough at the start since combat is entirely based around rng, you don't get to choose which Wanzer parts you want to attack untill your characters learn certain skills (Duel for short range, Guide for Long range and Missilers), however, the game only gets easier and easier as it goes on.
>>
>>3921556
>DS port

I am also super interested. Just found the charger to my fat DS recently so I'm back in the loop.

...But does discussion of a post 2000 remake of a SNES game count as retro?
>>
>>3921460
>too easy
>scale of battles is minimal (4 vs 8)
>MC is fucking dumb
>simplified customization
>>
>>3921564
It's pretty decent from what I remember, they added in some extra content as well so that's always nice
>>
>>3921564
>>3921556
The DS port was retranslated (the SNES is a fan-translation), so they removed some references to Royd's suicidal tendencies. Anyway, onto the differences:

SNES:
- you sell items for 75% of their buying price

DS:
- you sell items for 25% of their buying price
- you can play the USN campaign (comes from the PSX port), which features another separate party
- the USN campaign has repair packs, like FM3
- there's some cameos of characters from 2,4 and 5
- you can control the weapon platforms... what's their name? It's those bosses that take up more than 1 square
- the final boss' attack is 3 squares instead of 1
>>
>>3921460
5>4>2>>1>>>>>3
>>
>>3921573
Did they remove all of the drug signs from the cities as well? This is an important factor whether I get it or not
>>
>>3921460
I like anime. Pham is a bitch tbqh, senpai. Flips need to go back.
>>
>>3921610
4 has really bad graphics and color. It suffers from de-saturation and overall bad art direction. The battles late in the game get too long and too hard, but I guess that's how it is. Never picked up other FM games. I thought it was cheesy.
>>
FM3, anything I should know in terms of PAL vs NTSC?
>>
>>3921526
Hates his Dad, has some highly suspect feelings for his adopted sister, complains constantly and is hostile to everyone. Without a doubt a stereotypical 90's Japanese MC.
>>
>>3921526
>Kazuki: WHO DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS
>Ryogo: he thinks he's the captain
>Kazuki: ...
>>
>>3922359
Interesting, I thought the biggest problem with FM4 was the lack of difficulty.
>>
>>3924673
PAL sucks.It suffers the same problem with any PAL port. It plays at 50fps without any increase in resolution. Doesn't matter with emulation and frameskip though.
>>
>>3925759
>his adopted sister,
Fakecest is great, anon. I love SAO!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.