[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever receive a truly AWFUL game as a kid? How did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Slaughter Sport.png (7KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter Sport.png
7KB, 320x224px
Did you ever receive a truly AWFUL game as a kid? How did you deal with it? Did you feel forced to play it because it was your new game, and your parents worked hard to buy it for you, or what?

I was born late enough that my only contact with these was through ROM sets, so I always wondered what about that one poor soul that waited every Christmas for his new game of the year, and it was just garbage.
>>
>>3920410
Back then u were just happy to have any game
>>
My parents only bought me the games I asked for, so if one was bad it was my own damn fault. The few bad ones I had got unloaded onto Funcoland when I first discovered them.
>>
>>3920410
Like any sane child, I just didn't play them after I found out they were meh.

Eventually I'd go back to them, because bored as fuck with the rest of your collection. Some ended up being hidden gems. Others, just confirmed for trash... Like that Hulk game on the SNES. Five hard as nails levels. Boss just stands still while you pummel him... You win by uppercutting him. Such a weak ending... No satisfaction for the player whatsoever....
>>
File: 852.jpg (22KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
852.jpg
22KB, 400x540px
Yes, a bootleg GBC cartridge with Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal as a birthday gift. I shit you not.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2325/

I forced myself to play it but the game was a hilarious buggy mess and the battery died after some uses.
>>
>>3920410
I rented some incredibly awful games, but surprisingly I don't recall being gifted any. Chuck Rock is the worst one I can think of: it's not a good game, but it isn't an unplayable mess either. I eventually played it through to completion.
>>
this is probably the worst game ive ever owned, i tried to play it again today and i almost puked.

fuck this shit game
>>
>>3920470
oh btw kys mowgli
>>
>>3920458
That's pretty sad man, shit.
>>
>>3920410
>at day care after school
>some kid is playing Tetris on one of those Tiger Electronic-style handhelds
>asked him where he got it
>"Vons"
>that year for Christmas ask my uncle for a "handheld game from Vons"
He never questioned such an autistic request and bought me something similar to pic related. It wasn't bad
>>
File: super battleship.webm (956KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
super battleship.webm
956KB, 512x444px
Super Battleship. A SNES turn-based strategy that was too shallow to be a realistic simulation and too slow-paced to be otherwise fun. The actual ship-to-ship fights boiled down to disabling the engines and guns and wailing on a stationary target until it sunk. Also came with the OG Battleship, but I was never a fan of that game.

At least the deaths looked cool.
>>
File: it-bugs-me.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
it-bugs-me.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>3920730
Sort of similar story
>ask for SNES game for Christmas, Megaman or something
>my brother likes basketball irl
>family member buys NCAA for SNES to satisfy both of us
>>
>>3920458
fuck man, that sucks. are you from a third world country? at least it probably didn't cost much to whoever bought it
>>
>>3920753
I kind of liked Battleship. You are right about it being slow, though. Also you didn't get a password until you cleared two or three missions which I don't understand.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.