[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: NES Silver Surfer.jpg (193KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
NES Silver Surfer.jpg
193KB, 736x1011px
Is this game bad?
>>
No, it's super hard by design but on a technical level it's very solid.
>>
>>3913280
>Your music skills are impressive.

Follin again.
>>
>>3913280
In my opinion, yes it is bad, BUT...

It could have been good if only it had autofire and more forgiving hitboxes.

I recommend playing it on an emulator using turbo button press and the rewind function for bullshit deaths. The game is actually enjoyable that way.
>>
>>3913280
It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be.
>>
don't listen to the apologists, it's euroshmup tier
>crap stage design
>way too long
>hitbox way too big
>lots of things that look like background but actually kill you
>popcorn enemies that don't die on 1 hit
>pathetic bosses
>>
>>3913280
Like most games the AVGN has reviewed, it's not as terrible as he makes it out to be. Sure, the color pallet is very limited even for a NES game and it can be very frustrating because of the level design but it feels good to be able to beat one stage without having to rely on slowmotion or savestates. If it wasn't called Silver Surfer or if it didn't have any Marvel license it would have been less of a disappointment.

I've been marathoning most AVGN episodes for the past week and man his older episodes still are amazing.
>>
>>3914837
>popcorn enemies

What does this phrase mean?
>>
>>3913280

Yes. It's not the worst thing ever; it's playable. But it's not very good. Music good, everything else forgettably bad.

As for difficulty: I found it to be too hard until I got good at it (after a couple of hours), and then it was too easy. Which is to say that it's shallow.
>>
>>3916106

Based on the term and the game, I assume he means the way enemies have no predictable patterns. I have never heard this term before though.
>>
File: 3c7f2bd28b6534da49e3d5e7ad17330a.jpg (219KB, 1600x2280px) Image search: [Google]
3c7f2bd28b6534da49e3d5e7ad17330a.jpg
219KB, 1600x2280px
>>3916106
>>3916124
I believe I've heard of the term. I think it means lots of one-hit-to-kill enemies that fill the screen. In other words, popcorn enemies. It is a legit common term in shmups.
>>
>>3914975
His Power Rangers video was hilarious. James still haas it
>>
>>3914975
Bootsy made it look enjoyable. He seemed to always bring out the best aspects of difficult games like this one instead of whining about them being "unfair". In that sense, he was a true gamer who loved the art of the challenge. I miss him
>>
>>3916545
What made him so great was that he understood it was just a game, it didn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you have some fun. Mike on the other hand throws borderline violent hissy fits if he isn't winning.
>>
>>3916547
You're totally right. Bootsy would laugh whenever he died in a game, but Mike punches the couch like a bitch. It's because Bootsy plays games for the right reasons and Mike is just 100% concerned about trying to appear better than whoever he's playing with. It's pretty sad to witness
>>
>>3913280
IT'S A SHITLOAD OF FUCK
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
BUFFALO DIARRHEA DONKEY CHEESE DICK IN MY EAR HOLE
>>
File: 1475125246931.jpg (34KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475125246931.jpg
34KB, 704x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mKJYnr_l2E
>>
>>3916547
lol every thread turns into a discussion about how shitty mike matei is. not complaining. fuck him
>>
>>3914620
>rewind function for bullshit deaths.

you arent even playing the same game.
>>
>>3916565

that is fucking groovy holy shit

damn son

even follin outdoes himself sometimes

way less meme 'ebinn' arpeggios, and just solid melodics here and kickass funky groove.
>>
it's a solid game with flaws. the oversized hitbox and one hit kills make it frustrating. all it needs is occasional savestates along with autofire to fix it and make it fun.
>>
>>3918859
I forgot to mention, one of the goat soundtracks.
>>
Not that bad, just fucking difficult
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.